Kimbo's Taste Box

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
The Box just arrived. I will unpack and take you with me on my taste journey with my Magma on the Nemesis
20140710_110314.jpg

Edit: 21 Flavours, this is going to be fun :)

Last edited:
All washed and cleaned. New wick installed

1st up
20140710_132246.jpg

Mouth to Lung hit: Nice sweet taste on the tongue with i slight vannila on the exhale
Straight Lung hit: That sweet taste moves now to the back of your throat and you still get that slight vannila taste on the exhale
Nice juice for a change of pace but not an ADV for me

Last edited:
have fun with the tastebox @kimbo, I am very much looking forward to reading all about your experiences :rock:

Cleaned up, new wick and ready

Next
20140710_141425.jpg

This has a very watered down taste for me

Mouth to Lung hit: I just get a very slight taste of berrie on the tongue on the draw also with a slight taste of berrie on the exhale
Straight Lung hit: You get something in the back of your throat also with the slight berrie taste on the exhale

Almost like you made "Jannie verjaar" cooldrink to weak, if you like the dull taste this will work for you but i will pass on this one.

Last edited:
Next:
20140710_163617.jpg

I am not a real big fan of drink flavours. It tastede like diet cola for me borderline medisine taste

Mouth to Lung hit: For me it was a slight sweet come medicine taste on the tongue followed by a hint of cola, on the exhale you do get the cola taste but the sugar is missing.
Straight Lung hit: You get that slight medicine / cola taste in the back of your throat and if you close your eye's and think of Coca Cola you can taste it on the exhale.

Like i said i am not a fan of drink tastes and this is not going to change that one .

Last edited:
Loving your photos and impressions @kimbo
Adds big value for me to keep an eye on whats out there, what the bottle looks like and what the juice tastes like

You are doing great. Am looking forward to the rest...

Well done

Next one:
20140710_194050.jpg

I think they misnamed this one, fermenting berries. Dont get me wrong it is not bad just weird

Mouth to Lung hit: Taking a draw you get a slight sweet taste right were the vaper hits your tongue. On the inhale there is not much but when you exhale you get that weird berrie taste. This is one of the few i tasted that leaves an sweet aftertaste in your mouth.
Sraight Lung hit: You dont realy get that sweet taste (it is almost like the tip of the driptip becomes slightly sweet) but on the exhale you get that berries, i tried narrowing it down but i just cant. For me it is fermenting berries.

I would not go out to buy me some, but this can be a nice juice to give your tastebuds a rest from your ADV

Last edited:
Day two

Here we go again :)

20140711_105110.jpg

I actually had to fil the dripper again to try and pin this taste down. Ironbrew, that drink the taste reminds me of that.

Mouth to Lung hit: The vanilla is not so pronounced in this its more of a sweet spicy vanilla, you get that slight sweet taste on your tongue, with that spicy vanilla taste when you exhale
Straight Lung hit: When you take a drag you get a slight sweet taste in the back of your throat but when you exhale youget that sweet spicy slight vanilla taste. I actually like it :)

This is quite a nice vape i cant see you regretting filling up your take with this juice

Next:

20140711_141641.jpg

I had high hopes for this one, i am a big fan of all thing banana flavour so i was looking forward to this, but i was dissapointed. Vey bland artificial banana taste

Mouth to lung hit: You get a slight sweet taste and on the exhale you get that bland banana taste
Stright lung hit: On the inhale there is not much the only way i could tell my mech was fireing was the slight warm feeling from the vapour in my throat, on the exhale again you get that bland banana taste.

I was not really impressed

Nice thread @kimbo

Ive been popping in every so often to see your thoughts on the juices.

Hope you find that ever illusive ADV!

Next: The big gun

20140711_154645.jpg

Now this is a very nice vape well done @Oupa. It is a tabacco vape but very smooth and slightly sweet, like a slightly sweet Malborow that you just want more from

Mouth to lung hit. You first get that slight sweet something on the inhale, then on the exhale the tabacco taste comes trough but not overpowering just enough for you to sit back in your chair, relax and take another hit, like smoking a fine cigar.

Straight lung hit: You get that hint of sweet in the back of your troat, and on the exhale that smooth, sweet tabacco gets your attention

I really enjoyed this juice and would like to try the others in the Legend range

Try VM's banana and cream. It has this real banana flavour that I just love, I don't taste the cream that much but by girlfriend does. I'm hooked, need to order 60 ml next week.

Next:

20140711_213400.jpg

Cheescake: i did not get the whole cheescake thing on the Nemesis so i took the Magma of the Nemesis and switched to the VTR at 13watt then i got the sweet slightly creamy taste

Mouth to lung hit: On the drag you dont really taste something just a very far away sweet taste, but on the exhale you get that slight creamy sweet taste

Straight Lung hit: again nothing on the way in but on the exhale you get that slight creamy sweet taste

This vape was not for me. After the VK Mixed Berrie i realy thought all the VK juices will have that really nice strong taste.

I think vendors must consider putting on the label: Best vaped at .. ??watt.
Tell the customar what you found was the best for your juice,

Day two

Here we go again :)

20140711_105110.jpg

I actually had to fil the dripper again to try and pin this taste down. Ironbrew, that drink the taste reminds me of that.

Mouth to Lung hit: The vanilla is not so pronounced in this its more of a sweet spicy vanilla, you get that slight sweet taste on your tongue, with that spicy vanilla taste when you exhale
Straight Lung hit: When you take a drag you get a slight sweet taste in the back of your throat but when you exhale youget that sweet spicy slight vanilla taste. I actually like it :)

This is quite a nice vape i cant see you regretting filling up your take with this juice

@kimbo - what the heck is this juice?
That label is confusing me ;-)

Try VM's banana and cream. It has this real banana flavour that I just love, I don't taste the cream that much but by girlfriend does. I'm hooked, need to order 60 ml next week.

@kimbo - I couldnt agree more with @Stochastic

Vapour Mountain's Banana Cream is a classic. You gotta try that. @Oupa made it just so good. As @Stochastic says, it's not too creamy and just the right amount of banana - lovely vape.

Am enjoying this thread @kimbo
Keep it up!
You are doing a great job here.

Wile still in mourning for the VTR, i must soldier on :-(

Next up:

20140716_123148.jpg

I think is the nic level was higher this would have been a reel nice vape for me.

Mouth to lung hit: On the onset you get a slight sweet fruity taste as the vapor fills your mouth. As soon as you inhale it's like a passion fruit explodes in the back op your mouth, but before you really think this is just another passion fruit juice it is gone, and you have to take another hit. On the exhale you get that slight sweet mixed fruity taste in your mouth
Straight lung hit: The whole passion fruit thing happens in your throat.

I actually enjoyed this like a desert after a meal, but not every meal. Just once or so a week

I will talk to @thekeeperza to keep the taste box for the weekend so that i can taste the juices at a lower watt, my sigelei 20w should be here tomorrow or Friday

Thanks for your honest impressions @kimbo . you will certainly save some people some dollars with your reviews.

Whats next

Once again @kimbo, its great that you are taking the time and trouble to document your experiences and take photos.

Thanks again.

Next:
20140716_203329.jpg

For some reason the first thing that came into my mind as i blew out the first vapor was Xmas. I dont know if it is the green red and white on the bottle or the nice taste. Red Sparlette cool drink should change it's name to @Just B Cherry

Mouth to lung hit: On the first drag you get that nice red cool drink taste floating around in your mouth and then you take the vapor to your lungs. You get a really nice cherry taste on the back of your tongue and and all the way down your throat, when you blow out you are left with this nice slightly sweet/red cool drink/cherry flavour in your mouth

Straight lung hit: When you drag that sweet taste just touches your taste buds on the way in, you get this far away cherry taste in the back and you almost cant wait to exhale. When the moment comes and you exhale it is cherry harvest time in your mouth.

This was a really nice vape, my first experience with @Just B juices. I have one more sample in the taste box and i really hope that turns out like this one :)

Back