Knowledge on alcohol flavours.

moey0208

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all. So recently i discovered that one flavour i vaped had alcohol in it. This is a big no no for me as i do not drink etc. So now when buying flavours i need to know whether they contain alcohol or not. Can we please start a list of which flavours contain alcohol and which ones don't ? Also does anyone know whether the following contains alcohol:

1. Nostalgia red killer
2. Paulies pistachio ice cream
3. Because bubbles matter urban grape

Thanks.

Hi all. So recently i discovered that one flavour i vaped had alcohol in it. This is a big no no for me as i do not drink etc. So now when buying flavours i need to know whether they contain alcohol or not. Can we please start a list of which flavours contain alcohol and which ones don't ? Also does anyone know whether the following contains alcohol:

1. Nostalgia red killer

Thanks.

Hi @Moey
Have moved this to the "Who has stock" subforum so the vendors can reply directly about their products.
Paging @ShaneW, @Paulie, @Sir Vape

There is another thread somewhere with a more comprehensive list of various vendors' alcohol content in their juices. Perhaps we need to find that and try aggregate

1. Nostalgia red killer

Thanks.

How is this determined?

from what i have researched inhaling alchahol vapours is a no no and a serious health concern and can get you intoxicated very quickly.. when you drink the alchahol it is processed by the stomach and liver before it enters the bloodstream, alchahol vapours that are inhaled bypass the liver etc and are absorbed into the bloodstream through the lungs and end up in their raw form in the brain and organs... not a very pleasant thing to consider.. i mean were vaping for the health benefits of not breathing in carcinogenic poisons when we smoke so now tell me whats the point of vaping if the juices we vape contain harmful compounds??....... are there juices containing alchahol?? is this a known thing... i am new to vaping dont know too much about all the juices? although i have never seen it listed on any of the juices i have looked at... and if there are any juices out there that contain alchahol a list of them would be most informative... really considering DIY juice now.....

from what i have researched inhaling alchahol vapours is a no no and a serious health concern and can get you intoxicated very quickly.. when you drink the alchahol it is processed by the stomach and liver before it enters the bloodstream, alchahol vapours that are inhaled bypass the liver etc and are absorbed into the bloodstream through the lungs and end up in their raw form in the brain and organs... not a very pleasant thing to consider.. i mean were vaping for the health benefits of not breathing in carcinogenic poisons when we smoke so now tell me whats the point of vaping if the juices we vape contain harmful compounds??....... are there juices containing alchahol?? is this a known thing... i am new to vaping dont know too much about all the juices? although i have never seen it listed on any of the juices i have looked at... and if there are any juices out there that contain alchahol a list of them would be most informative... really considering DIY juice now.....

The alcohol content is so little its literally trace amounts. It is ethyl alcohol. You CANNOT get intoxicated from it lol

@Vapington noted. But for some of us it is religious issues and not about health issues, that's why it would be informative to know which juices contain alcohol. Even if it is just 'trace amounts'.

Some people back in the day actually added alcohol to increase throat hit on a juice. It is tiny amounts, 2 drops per 10ml was the recommendation. Most swearing by pure grain alcohol.

Thanks @moey0208 for this thread... def would be great if labelling could be more specific to state alcohol free or not - maybe something for the future.

Agree. I think it should go a further than just alcohol content labeling, after all, even bread and milk have a list of nutrients/ingredients.

Some people back in the day actually added alcohol to increase throat hit on a juice. It is tiny amounts, 2 drops per 10ml was the recommendation. Most swearing by pure grain alcohol.
... as i said i am a noob... but.. wow... ok..good ol ethanol.. :copas:. that is a miniscule though amount 1 drop to a 5ml tank.. dont think thats gonna harm you.. and i do understand and respect our fellow vapers religious standpoint too.. i believe every ingredient used in a juice should be stated on the label... were putting in our body after all...

It's a sensitive issue which can be contradictory. I've been doing research recently about 1 month ago and contacted almost every vendor in SA to enquire which juices have alcohol and which don't. I have compiled a list as I have over 150 different local juices already listed,I could send who ever wants the list as soon as I have responses from a few more vendors. Pop me a PM if you want it

Being a Muslim vaper it's concerning to me however different individuals have different levels of beliefs. Some people say it is allowed as the amounts are so small it's not a problem to them while others say no ways and will stay away from it immediately. I wouldn't get into arguments with people due to the fact that we are old enough and can make our own decisions.
It's not only ethyl alcohol as some Flavors do contain benzyl alcohol in the juices.

And yes certain brands do include their ingredients for example NCV trinity states on their bottle no alcohol. And it will be a good that all vendors do it to help everyone as not only Muslims look out for it as I've seen in the past a person said he chooses not to use alcohol due to personal reasons and also inquired about the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think another interesting question would be if they ever use alcohol in production of stinkies :eek:

I think another interesting question would be if they ever use alcohol in production of stinkies :eek:

Of the 3000 confirmed chemicals within them, It is probable that to some extent it does and at the very least a combination of chemicals that form alcohol! :D

@AlexL if you are considering DIY you can avoid the alcohol by using only concentrates that are free of alcohol. Look at www.blckvapour.co.za they have a list of concentrates that contain alcohol.
... Thank you @Warlock... i am considering DIY.. not too concerned about the alchahol content as it is honestly miniscule...and by steeping/breathing the juice it will evaporate out.. . i am looking for a wicked pipe tobacco flavor maybe i will find one out there at VAPECON.. according to what i may or may not have heard ;-) from the guys at Vape cartel... if not, i am keen to dabble in making my own juices..and from what i may or may not have heard there will be a full diy range from them aswell... handy.. a brick and mortar as u guys call it;-) vape shop 10 km from my house.. very handy.. when i first heard of alchahol in the juice i thought that it was being added in a larger amount than it actually is.. i thought it was being used to thin the vg/pg... but as it turns out its only trace amounts in the flavoring thanks for the info man.. will check black valley vapour site too

Did not want to give good old @Silver any more work than neccessary so did a quick search instead of starting a new thread.

We are aware of certain concentrates containing alcohol, unfortunately alot of strawberry concentrates (barring TFA RIPE) contain alcohol, which kind of makes up one of my favourite flavour profiles.

Are there any juice makers willing to gaurantee that their lines do not use any concentrates which have trace elements of alcohol?

I know this is going to be a tough one, as I myself noticed during my DIY journey that alot of great recipes require at least one concentrate which contains alcohol. TFA Clear graham cracker, LA Banana, etc- there are plenty if we look on the lists.

As I typed this, I named a few of my favourite commercial juices which I buy by the crap loads, as well as tagged the creators of these wonderful juices. However, I removed this part as I do not want to be a cause of any financial pain or difficulty to any juice maker due to their honesty in replying to my post.

So I humbly appeal to our juice makers to please, due to their own integrity, to please inform us if any of their major juice lines do indeed contain trace elements of alcohol in their concentrates.

I would totally understand if you feel it best to PM me, and you have my honour that I would treat such information as privilaged and not divulge to others.

I look forward to responses. Thank you all on a stellar job.

PS, @YeOldeOke 's transparency in his thread inspired my faith in great business ethic

Back