Knowledge on alcohol flavours.

Okay, so I have read the other two threads mentioned above and they are outdated.

We have had a flourish of new juice makers in the past 2 years, so, if appropriate, mods could leave my posts here or create a new thread.

Thanks

Did not want to give good old @Silver any more work than neccessary so did a quick search instead of starting a new thread.

We are aware of certain concentrates containing alcohol, unfortunately alot of strawberry concentrates (barring TFA RIPE) contain alcohol, which kind of makes up one of my favourite flavour profiles.

Are there any juice makers willing to gaurantee that their lines do not use any concentrates which have trace elements of alcohol?

I know this is going to be a tough one, as I myself noticed during my DIY journey that alot of great recipes require at least one concentrate which contains alcohol. TFA Clear graham cracker, LA Banana, etc- there are plenty if we look on the lists.

As I typed this, I named a few of my favourite commercial juices which I buy by the crap loads, as well as tagged the creators of these wonderful juices. However, I removed this part as I do not want to be a cause of any financial pain or difficulty to any juice maker due to their honesty in replying to my post.

So I humbly appeal to our juice makers to please, due to their own integrity, to please inform us if any of their major juice lines do indeed contain trace elements of alcohol in their concentrates.

I would totally understand if you feel it best to PM me, and you have my honour that I would treat such information as privilaged and not divulge to others.

I look forward to responses. Thank you all on a stellar job.

PS, @YeOldeOke 's transparency in his thread inspired my faith in great business ethic
From FlavourArt's site:

FlavourArt flavours do not contain alcohol, sugars, protein, genetically modified ingredients, animal ingredients of any kind, preservatives, caffeine, sweeteners or colours. They are all gluten and peanut free, suitable for diabetics, vegetarian and vegans.

Stating alcohol content on label may be a good idea, except that there is a lot of information that has to go onto a small label. Diacetyl, sweeteners etc should then also be specified on label. It is a problem, simply because of space available. So currently we state it on-site.

I personally do not really see the need for alcohol in a well-made juice. Or sweetener, for that matter. So none of our juices contain any of it. If ever we feel we need to bring out a juice containing any of these it will be boldly marked on the product page. And probably on the label. I say probably because of the aforementioned, and because I don't foresee us ever using these.

Trace amounts in flavourings we also avoid, not finding any need to use flavourings that contain alcohol etc. Here we rely on the manufacturers specs.

Last edited:
Thanks @YeOldeOke

Are there any other juice makers willing to contribute?

Trace amounts in flavourings we also avoid, not finding any need to use flavourings that contain alcohol etc. Here we rely on the manufacturers specs.

This in particular is my concern and reason for asking.

Emissary Elixirs - Leviathan: Trace amounts of ethyl alcohol.

A few weeks back this topic came up on vapenation Cape Towns Facebook page concerning @Zeki Hilmi new juice. Cape Royal. @Zeki Hilmi I hope you don't mind me posting this here as I'm posting it to be a form of information. if it's not appropriate I will remove this post. this was the response from one of the Sanha members.

Slms, not a report, I just had a chat with the SANHA dude. Ethyl alcohol, if synthetic and used in doses below 0.025ml is permissable as suggested by Anees Kara, a SANHA Affiliate. The juice complies. However, the flavourant used, the Kentucky Bourbon makes it a contentious issue and the SANHA official won't vouch for it because although chemically it may be Halaal, the flavourant is associated with an alcoholic drink, which, for some like me, would still render it non Halaal because the Quran says to stay far away from all forms unless medicinal or well necessitated. His number is 074 786 88 66 Anees Kara

Ethyol Alcohol is not haraam. There was also a piece that I added to that post that actually negates the above but unfortunately I can't find the original post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, on my 3rd 100ml at the moment. Would be sad to let that stop.

Love your avatar pic @ShamZ
Cant remember if I said that before - but great pic again!

Did not want to give good old @Silver any more work than neccessary so did a quick search instead of starting a new thread.

We are aware of certain concentrates containing alcohol, unfortunately alot of strawberry concentrates (barring TFA RIPE) contain alcohol, which kind of makes up one of my favourite flavour profiles.

Are there any juice makers willing to gaurantee that their lines do not use any concentrates which have trace elements of alcohol?

I know this is going to be a tough one, as I myself noticed during my DIY journey that alot of great recipes require at least one concentrate which contains alcohol. TFA Clear graham cracker, LA Banana, etc- there are plenty if we look on the lists.

As I typed this, I named a few of my favourite commercial juices which I buy by the crap loads, as well as tagged the creators of these wonderful juices. However, I removed this part as I do not want to be a cause of any financial pain or difficulty to any juice maker due to their honesty in replying to my post.

So I humbly appeal to our juice makers to please, due to their own integrity, to please inform us if any of their major juice lines do indeed contain trace elements of alcohol in their concentrates.

I would totally understand if you feel it best to PM me, and you have my honour that I would treat such information as privilaged and not divulge to others.

I look forward to responses. Thank you all on a stellar job.

PS, @YeOldeOke 's transparency in his thread inspired my faith in great business ethic

Yep - we at ZENKHULU have several guarantees about the contents of our vape liquids - ONLY PG/VG, natural flavours and produced, tested and bottled in a lab. Wouldn't settle for anything less - it's your health after all.

Back