Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Wow it's 02:10am and there are a whole bunch of you still awake and surfing the net and posting on ECIGSSA!

I can't sleep for some reason... what's your excuse!
LateNight.gif

Many people who know me say that I have a sleeping problem. Not true! I fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow - or my dog, if she's kidnapped my pillow. My problem is that I often don't want to go to sleep and I stay up until somewhere between 1a.m. and 3a.m. There's something magical about standing on the deck, looking out at nearby houses who are all in darkness ... listening to the sea... If the human body were designed not to need sleep I'd be sooo happy!

I am studying to become a teacher. But next year I will be a biology teacher even though I have a year and a half left to complete my degree.

Respect to you @Friep
All the best with the teaching and the rest of your studies!

Many people who know me say that I have a sleeping problem. Not true! I fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow - or my dog, if she's kidnapped my pillow. My problem is that I often don't want to go to sleep and I stay up until somewhere between 1a.m. and 3a.m. There's something magical about standing on the deck, looking out at nearby houses who are all in darkness ... listening to the sea... If the human body were designed not to need sleep I'd be sooo happy!

I hear you @Hooked
I go through phases sometimes when I get passionate about something and get busy on it and then get upset that its actually time to go to bed.
I also find that those late hours are often very peaceful and silent. No interruptions.
But i wish i could hear the sea!

I hear you @Hooked
I go through phases sometimes when I get passionate about something and get busy on it and then get upset that its actually time to go to bed.
I also find that those late hours are often very peaceful and silent. No interruptions.

@Silver I've never had a "time to go to bed" lol and it's pointless trying to go to sleep if I don't want to. I get into bed and count up to 100. If I'm still awake I get up. And if there's something that I really feel like doing, I count very fast. If I've had only 2 or 3 hrs sleep I drink lots of Coke and tea the next day (as tea has more caffeine than coffee) and catnap when I can. I used to drink Red Bull but not anymore.

I agree with you about no interruptions during the late hours. That's MY time, isn't it? I absolutely hate interruptions and the last month has been a particularly trying time as I've had supposedly minor renovations done. I think I must write a post about this in Off Topic at some time.

Oddly enough, when I moved here about 2 yrs ago or so, the constant sound of the sea irritated me no end, because I love silence - as you do too. Even now, although I love the sound of the sea at night, there are times when I wish it had an OFF button!

@Silver I've never had a "time to go to bed" lol and it's pointless trying to go to sleep if I don't want to. I get into bed and count up to 100. If I'm still awake I get up. And if there's something that I really feel like doing, I count very fast. If I've had only 2 or 3 hrs sleep I drink lots of Coke and tea the next day (as tea has more caffeine than coffee) and catnap when I can. I used to drink Red Bull but not anymore.

I agree with you about no interruptions during the late hours. That's MY time, isn't it? I absolutely hate interruptions and the last month has been a particularly trying time as I've had supposedly minor renovations done. I think I must write a post about this in Off Topic at some time.

Oddly enough, when I moved here about 2 yrs ago or so, the constant sound of the sea irritated me no end, because I love silence - as you do too. Even now, although I love the sound of the sea at night, there are times when I wish it had an OFF button!

Lol on the off button for the sea sound. Strangely, although I love silence - when i do go to the seaside i also love the sound of the sea. But maybe thats because im usually on holiday and relaxed and dont need to work or concentrate too hard.

Lol on the off button for the sea sound. Strangely, although I love silence - when i do go to the seaside i also love the sound of the sea. But maybe thats because im usually on holiday and relaxed and dont need to work or concentrate too hard.

@Silver And if you don't live near the sea, then when you're on the holiday the sound of the sea is unique. I find that if I've gone "to town" as they call it here i.e. inland, I appreciate the sound of the sea when I return.

I lived about 150m away from the sea at one stage. I used to love to go to sleep with the sound of breaking waves. The only down side to this is the sea air that caused everything metal to corrode. I replaced graphic cards specifically every few months.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

I used to love being g a night owl. Was always reading a book till abt 2am and then when I was studying and working it was always till 2 am and then up at 5.

After the studying and the arrival of the kids I find myself not being able to keep up that pace. So I am asleep by 11.30 most nights. Must say there are now less hours in the day ;)

I'm one of those naughty kids that refuses to go to sleep knowing I'm going to feel like (seriously bad) the next day. I would be better off going to bed at some reasonable hour but seldom switch off the nightlight before 01:00 in the morning. Childish i know but despite being FUBAR I can not help this behavior.

Regards

I'm one of those naughty kids that refuses to go to sleep knowing I'm going to feel like (seriously bad) the next day. I would be better off going to bed at some reasonable hour but seldom switch off the nightlight before 01:00 in the morning. Childish i know but despite being FUBAR I can not help this behavior.

Regards

@Raindance What does FUBAR mean? If it's unprintable PM me!

I hear you @Hooked

@ Your wish is my command, Sir!

EDIT I recorded the sound of the sea a few mins. ago but I can't upload it! I can see it on the computer, but when I click "Upload a File" it doesn't show on computer. What a pity!

Last edited:
I haven't been to the sea for quite some time, but there is something in the sound that soothes the soul. I also love the bush, get up before sunrise and cup of coffee and listen to the world waking up.

Back