Little Bif Of Honesty

Hi Silver

Thank you for your honest response :) Eciggies was invited to be a part of the forum as well as many other retailers in South Africa but we never got a response, Twisp was also invited and again did not get any response, we wanted to create the forum for the community, there is no intention to have conflict of interests which is why we allow space for other retailers and will continue to do so in the same manner which we have been.

It was honestly started solely for the community though - if it was started for any other reason we would make sure that Vape King was punted more than any other retailer.

We have no intention of changing anything other than any posts relating to Vape King will now be made by Gizmo and myself as opposed to the separate Vape King account. Everything else will remain the same.

If you know of any other retailers that you feel should be part of the forum please let us know and we will gladly send them the same invite which was sent to the retailers which we know of.

Regards
Miss stroodleP

Well I would also be more then keen to have another core admin of the forum. Meaning full access to the backend of the website. This person would need to have knowledge of website administration like Derick has if he would be keen to take up the role?
Gizmo, I have had my say and ample opportunity to give my opinion. We need not take the matter further in my opinion. The vendors are ok, most members seems to be ok. You and Stroodle have done an excellent job up to now. And no apparent harm has been done, so from my side there are no objections to continue as is. One suggestion for the future maybe - declare to new members and vendors that the forum is owned/administered by VapeKing, a reseller on the forum.

Surely your names on the left hand side of your postings should now also have the certified retailer badge?
So everyone knows
And surely it should say "Owner of VapeKing"?

Gizmo, I have had my say and ample opportunity to give my opinion. We need not take the matter further in my opinion. The vendors are ok, most members seems to be ok. You and Stroodle have done an excellent job up to now. And no apparent harm has been done, so from my side there are no objections to continue as is. One suggestion for the future maybe - declare to new members and vendors that the forum is owned/administered by VapeKing, a reseller on the forum.

We can definately do that Matthee :) we will insert it somewhere in the registration email

I strongly agree with Matthee's most recent post

Ie you have to disclose the conflict of interest.

so, now all seems fixed and voiced, besides gizmo as a vendor being the owner/admin of the forum, so let it carry on with the same spirit as it was before. i suggest to close thread, maybe?

I think let us consider closing the thread on Monday. There may be folks who would want to have their say but have not accessed the forum today.

Let's consider the weekend an amnesty period. Everyone can state their opinion (in a civilised and respectful manner) After Monday we close the thread, and all new members are informed in the registration email about the two hats that Gizmo and Poodlestruff wear.

But yes, the thread should be closed - and soon if things start spiraling out of control.

I am happy to assist in admin on the forum. I once had Acer support talk me through reinstalling MS-Office so I think I have sufficient technical knowledge :p

I think let us consider closing the thread on Monday. There may be folks who would want to have their say but have not accessed the forum today.

Let's consider the weekend an amnesty period. Everyone can state their opinion (in a civilised and respectful manner) After Monday we close the thread, and all new members are informed in the registration email about the two hats that Gizmo and Poodlestruff wear.

But yes, the thread should be closed - and soon if things start spiraling out of control.

I am happy to assist in admin on the forum. I once had Acer support talk me through reinstalling MS-Office so I think I have sufficient technical knowledge :p

Agreed Dev, we would like to keep the post open until everyone has had a fair chance to see it and voice their opinions, but yes if things do spiral out of control we will be forced to close the post

Well well well, you sneaky buggers:D
No seriously, thanks for coming clean and well done on an awesome forum. It has been a great stress reliever over the last couple of weeks, and a phenomenal source of information, and inspiration.
Thank you for the constant improvements on the forum. Will come and visit soon to try out some juice.

speaking of @CraftyZA he has been unusually quiet today?
Ok, so I'm back.
It has been one of "those" days for me :(
I did keep an eye on the forum a couple of times, but only read everything in detail now.

I know crafty has some knowledge, perhaps he would be up for it?

Thanks for the vote of confidence Derick. However, I will have to decline.
I will chat to you tomorrow, and then reply in detail. For now, I'm gonna down 2 beers, and break my bed (sleeping).

Let me add, I hate fk'n stocktake! Especially when the client decides to change the proven procedure, to do a live count (ie, open for trade while you count 140 000 lines (70%) across 2 companies)

Title fixed. @Silver1 what conflict of interest?

Hi Gizmo

The conflict of interest is that the forum appears to be for the vaping community by the vaping community. However, its being run by one of the retailers. It may be viewed as biased by others.

I know your intentions are not to be biased and I have seen none - so I dont think it is a problem and shouldnt have to be.

I just think its a good idea to mention it somewhere so people know whats going on.

Hope that makes it clearer?

If you dont see it that way, then dont worry about it - you guys have done a great job and long may it continue...

Back