Local Nicotine Supply......

It is either:
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/n0267?lang=en&region=ZA
or
any (-)-Nicotine
That is what we need

But I don't want 99%
10% is the highest i will risk bringing into my home.
99% when you work with, needs to be done in a vent box/fume hood anyways, so very few of us can work with it. If that is the only option, I will send it to a friend's lab to dilute in their fume hood by qualified personel

Last edited:
can they not dilute it for us Tyler? Do the VG, PG before we order? I am way to scared to work with pure nic

We can make exactly 2770ml with the (-)-Nicotine if we make 36mg.
This in turn make 92 30ml bottles.
Let say VG is R30 for 250ml
Then we need to add 2670ml to the 100ml Nic. So we will need 11 bottles VG.
That is R330
R350 + R2454.70 = R2784.70
R2784.70 / 92 bottles
Each bottle will cost us R30.50 give or take a few cents.

Well done for all the investigations. At least there will be a nicotine supply for a long time - LOL

One cost I did not think of was The cost of the bottles. So add about R5 per 30ml.
However, I'm sure most of us will prefer some sort of bulk, so lets make it 100ml bottles?
I will be in for 2 x 100ml

at least one bottle of 100 mil or at least 3 x 30ml bottles for me. probably more depending on how much my mate wants also

Yea, I'm in for 2 or more 100ml bottles.
Lets get numbers and see if there is enough people wanting Nic.

:D Cool, then I will let you know as soon as I hear about delivery and things. Still looking for a lab or something tho. Cool.

I do, but I doubt she will let me use it for large repeatable orders.
I will ask her though. Will only have an answer tomorrow more or less.
In the meantime, if any one finds a lab, let us know. They should have an overhead stirrer, and a fume extraction hood, and it should be capable of handling large quantities like 3L.

all these requirements sound a lot like a picnic table in the back yard mission :) but i guess getting it done in a lab is more safe with less bugs

An open source distributing liquid nicotine in South Africa would open up the doors for many a freak like me who'd want to start a juice line based out of SA. So sad that the law is technically preventing the sale of e-liquid by anyone. I seriously wonder why they choose for it to be so when after the decision was made, no body gives a rats ass about enforcing it and still the vaping community keeps growing.

Soon the vape scene will flare up, boom and be well manifested while officials can only sit back and wonder how the **** this all happened.

Okay now I'm rambling.

Ok, got the quote back from Minema. (The place that will be supplying if we decide to.)

The price will be R.3732-00 per 100ml. This price is with delivery, permits and tax. We can then pick it up at their office in Randpark Ridge or Modderfontein.

Lead time is 6 - 8 weeks because of the permits.

That brings it to roughly R45 a bottle. Still much cheaper than the R100 we pay now.

Back