Local One-Shot creators

X-Calibre786

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
I just want to give a shoutout to the local ejuice manufacturers who make their products available as One-Shots. Also the DIYers who have come up with great recipes and have made the effort to create One-Shots of these for those of us who are less experienced (read lazy) when it comes to DIY. This really allows those of us with tighter budgets to enjoy the same premium flavours without breaking the bank. Because of this, it's also easier to keep vaping rather than going back to cigarettes.

I share your sentiments @X-Calibre786

I’m loving the one shots and the convenience of them.

Maybe we should start a wishlist of one shots we would like to see?

I've often thought it would be great if some of the popular diy recipes could be available as a one shot.

Saves time and the issue of not having all the concentrates.

I'm curious though ... one can buy a one shot at a fraction of the price of a normal mixed bottle, so why would a manufacturer want to offer one shots and get less money?

I'm curious though ... one can buy a one shot at a fraction of the price of a normal mixed bottle, so why would a manufacturer want to offer one shots and get less money?

The DIY guys will seldom by a premium bottle of juice if at all. For most its considered a once off treat now and then. This is diving into that market in getting their juice to the DIY guys.

And if you are use to buying the premixed juice then I doubt many will change to mixing.

Just my opinion, I might be wrong.

Companies would rather have a less profitable customer than no customer at all. With the growing popularity of one-shots, companies who only produce commercial juices risk losing customers to one-shot companies due to cost factors. They'd rather offer one-shots of their own juices and keep those customers, even if the profit margin of one-shots is less than commercial juices.

Similarly, most commercial companies don't attract DIYers because of cost. If they make their hit commercial juices available as one-shots, DIYers will be more tempted to buy them. So they're turning a non-customer into a low-profit customer.

In both cases, they are more willing to have a lower-profit customer than to lose (or never attract) that customer.

We see this in the food industry. If you go into a Food Lovers Market, you have the option of buying fresh ingredients to cook yourself, prepared meals like pre-cooked ribs, rotisserie chickens, milk tarts, pies, etc, then you can also order takeaway burgers or even sit down in the store and have a full restaurant-style sushi meal. No single section of the store is killing the others. The market is big enough for all types. Food Lovers Market doesn't care that their fresh fruit and vegetables don't make as much profit (per item) as their sit-down sushi restaurant. The key is to get you into the store and induce you to buy all your food there.

Would also be interresting to see the difference in profit margins.
I think when you start looking at price of extra labour, mixing, steeping, bottles, stickers etc. Then maybe there is not that huge difference for the supplier in profit margins.
I mean even things like, many people wont buy 250ml of the same juice, rather 2 or 3 different juices. So they make for example R50 profit on customer for the one shot, but they wooild also have just made R50 of him I he bought just one 60ml juice, and the rest other juices.

Companies would rather have a less profitable customer than no customer at all. With the growing popularity of one-shots, companies who only produce commercial juices risk losing customers to one-shot companies due to cost factors. They'd rather offer one-shots of their own juices and keep those customers, even if the profit margin of one-shots is less than commercial juices.

Similarly, most commercial companies don't attract DIYers because of cost. If they make their hit commercial juices available as one-shots, DIYers will be more tempted to buy them. So they're turning a non-customer into a low-profit customer.

In both cases, they are more willing to have a lower-profit customer than to lose (or never attract) that customer.

We see this in the food industry. If you go into a Food Lovers Market, you have the option of buying fresh ingredients to cook yourself, prepared meals like pre-cooked ribs, rotisserie chickens, milk tarts, pies, etc, then you can also order takeaway burgers or even sit down in the store and have a full restaurant-style sushi meal. No single section of the store is killing the others. The market is big enough for all types. Food Lovers Market doesn't care that their fresh fruit and vegetables don't make as much profit (per item) as their sit-down sushi restaurant. The key is to get you into the store and induce you to buy all your food there.

Aha! Now I understand! Thanks @RichJB

Would also be interresting to see the difference in profit margins.
I think when you start looking at price of extra labour, mixing, steeping, bottles, stickers etc. Then maybe there is not that huge difference for the supplier in profit margins.

But extra labour, mixing, steeping, bottles, stickers are needed for one shots as well. So the company is saving only on VG/PG and nic.

But extra labour, mixing, steeping, bottles, stickers are needed for one shots as well. So the company is saving only on VG/PG and nic.

One shots dont need steeping, they probably mix one 20 Liter of all the concentrates together and then just dispense into the small one shot bottle.

Would the the person that buys and mix to then steep etc.

I tasted my first one shot mix yesterday Thanks @Room Fogger
Now I need more info and want to try this myself.

Will spend some time reading up more before I start spending the rest of the money I don't have left for Jan-U-Worry

I tasted my first one shot mix yesterday Thanks @Room Fogger
Now I need more info and want to try this myself.

Will spend some time reading up more before I start spending the rest of the money I don't have left for Jan-U-Worry
Read this intro, it is worth it. By our own @RichJB , https://www.ecigssa.co.za/a-diy-primer.t44442/
must actually do a little bottle for you to really get acquainted. Wil see what can be done over the weekend.:D Then visit the DIY Eliquid and mixing tab and prepare to be overwhelmed.

Ok so we all know that Red Pill is excellent and at +-R160 for 270ml of juice to be mixed a good price.
But what other great one shots is there. Not just an average juice that could not make it in the real juce world. A great juice?
I see a few that I never heard off and then they want R99 for 10ml. After I add a bottle, nic, pg and vg, then I could just aswell go amd buy the real thing.

I've often thought it would be great if some of the popular diy recipes could be available as a one shot.

Saves time and the issue of not having all the concentrates.
Can we all start naming juices we would like to see as one shots and tag the juice makers for them to start getting the hint @Silver?

Can we all start naming juices we would like to see as one shots and tag the juice makers for them to start getting the hint @Silver?
I support this. Have one I would definitely request if this was an option.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Sure, @Paul33
I dont see why not

I was also hoping some popular DIY mixes - for which the recipe is known - becomes available in one-shot format. Just so you dont have to mix it - but more importantly, if you dont have all the concentrates but you want to try the recipe out... Tough thing I suppose would be deciding which recipes to stock as one shots...

Back