Locals ONLY Recipes

My first time DIY'ING. I mixed4 small 10ml batches two nights ago @ 60/ 40 ratio
Berries @ 3%
not bad as a shake n vape
Next was
Honeymelon @ 3%
Menthol @ 0.5%.
Quite a strong perfume
From this so have let it breath overnight.
Not quite as strong perfume smell this morning but will leave it for a while to steep.
Third was
Malva @ 3%.
Tasted good straight away.
Last was
Malva @ 2%
Apple @ 3%
Am already hooked on this. Maybe could have done with the apple being 4% but nice and subtle and very smooth

Here's one that I must say I found quite nice.

Malva @ 3%
Naartjie @ 1.5%

It sounds really odd but an awesome flavour, the naartjie needs to upped 2.5 to 3% would be better as the naartjie is very subtle.
Want to find a fresh unsweetened cream flavour to add to this, I think it would be amazing. Sounds like it might anyway. Any ideas as to a cream flavour that would work?

Shake and vape is tasty, I however finished it so no steeping on this batch. (Its super tasty) :)

Sent from my T1-701u using Tapatalk

I must say I'm very impressed with Clyrolinx so far. Flavours are excellent, and service from @Geoff is even better

I've done Cream Soda Float and Turkish Delight so far and both excellent SNV.

Their straight bubblegum tastes exactly like Wicks

I do however find that throat hit is more noticeable even at 3mg max vg, don't know if it's their Nic or Flavouring itself.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Evening all

Have some Cly watermelon which is really not to my taste, smells the deal but is however very far in taste from how it smells.

So thought I would try do something with it.

Mixed with a 50/50 vg/pg at approx 1.5mg

Watermelon at 3%
Cotton Candy at 2%
Honeymelon at 1% threw this in at the end.

It really isn't great - the watermelon is overpowering, very bitter aftertaste. I was hoping the cotton candy would sweeten up the watermelon but it didn't.

Under the watermelon however is the honeymelon and cotton candy, which I think would be quite nice. Sweet Melon inhale with a musky candy exhale. Will be trying a mix with the 2 flavours to see how they turn out - sans w.melon.

Going to leave the concoction for 2 weeks and see how or if it mellows. And will update.

Sent from my T1-701u using Tapatalk

Gooi Dag Mense - (Please excuse the spelling)

I did a 20ml 70/30 vg/pg 3mg (Pre from CLY)

Pre @ 19ml - CLY (95%)
Shortbread @0.8ml - CLY (4%)
Hazelnut @0.2ml - CLY (1%)

Shake and Vape - not too shabby, good Shortbread with a touch of Hazelnut. Not bad, Hazelnut needs an increase I think.

Will steep and revert.

I did a 20ml 85/15 vg/pg Aprox 1.5mg (CLY)

Pre @ 19.2ml - CLY (96%)
Cotton Candy @0.6ml - CLY (3%)
Honey Melon @0.2ml - CLY (1%)

Shake and Vape - A bit heavy on the Cotton Candy. VERY slight melon undertone on exhale. Not a bad mix, but nothing spectacular either ;)

Will Steep and revert.

Ok - So the Cotton Candy and Honey Melon as well as the CC HM and WMelon have been sitting for about a month now and have smoothed out quite nicely. There really isnt a "watermelon Vibe here" but rather a bitterish melon undertone. In both the Honeymelon has really bloomed to be very sweet, too sweet really. I must say that for me it's a nice vape, albeit sweet so not an all day vape for either. They've both developed a nice creaminess to them which I attribute to the HM. overall not bad but needs a load of work.

The Shortbread and Hazelnut is not bad, too much hazelnut which overpowers the shortbread - needs more work and a few more ingredients and could be quite tasty.

Will be working on these and post when I've got some time.

Hi

I've been vaping this for two days straight and really liking it. To me it is basically Appletiser although others that have tried it claim different. All agree this is a very nice vape though.
upload_2017-4-11_23-23-15.png
Like to know what others think.

Regards

I followed @Oceanic Vapes advice and am mixing CLY at rather low percentages compared to my other concentrates. 3 to 4% seems more than adequate. My other mixes seem way overdone now and I am thinking of reducing percentages across the board.

Purchased 8 new CLY concentrates and can not find fault with any of them. Some of course are better than others but overall they can compete with others out there.

Think this brand deserves some dedicated mixers concentrating on creating CLY specific recipes. I will try but sadly my skills are not that great... Yet. Working on it.

Regards

Add 2% Cap vanilla custard to the malva. It gives it nice body

I have actually been experimenting with the same, but knowing CLY concentrates I went a bit too low with the malva pudding it seems as I did not get much. Fortunately it was a 10ml bottle only so not much wasted. I see people are posting the malva pudding at between 3-5% which is quite high for CLY but I am willing to give it a try.

Also, I am a huge fan of CAP Vanilla Custard, but there is something about CLY Custard which I like as well. It really took me by surprise the first time I tried it.

Hey guys, FYI, clyro concentratea usually work between 3 - 5%, I've never used more than 5%, please keep in mind, if you mixing flavours they should add up to 3- 5%

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, FYI, clyro concentratea usually work between 3 - 5%, I've never used more than 5%, please keep in mind, if you mixing flavours they should add up to 3- 5%

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
This has not really been my experience. I often end up with 6-7% but I don't mix with Cly often

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would assume Cly is much like any other brand, with inconsistent strengths. In any range, you'll get the weaker concentrates and the more potent ones. Cly tend to get perfumey really quickly ime so I'd start low and work up.

Regarding recipe development, I have little to offer. I will use Cly, I have a Pineapple Cake in development that uses Cly Pineapple. But I tend to use whichever concentrate works best for what I need. Using one brand exclusively is a bit limiting imo. It would be great to see an all-Cly recipe that is layered rather than linear. I think it's doable but will take more mixing nous than I have.

i see alot of ppl recon cly should be mixed around 3 to 4 % .
ive made mixes of up to 10 or 12 % due to the fact that i dont
taste the flavour... whAT AM I DOING WRONG???????

There must be a percentage calculation problem here somewhere. There is no ways I'm doing this stuff at 10%. At 6 or 7% most of these concentrates are unvapable. Well unless you into vaping Chanel or there is a centrifuge built into you tank

There must be a percentage calculation problem here somewhere. There is no ways I'm doing this stuff at 10%. At 6 or 7% most of these concentrates are unvapable. Well unless you into vaping Chanel or there is a centrifuge built into you tank

SO PLEASE HELP...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG THAT AT A 3 OR 4 % I CANT SEAM TO TASTE THE FLAVOUR

SO PLEASE HELP...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG THAT AT A 3 OR 4 % I CANT SEAM TO TASTE THE FLAVOUR
Hi Jason. Not an easy question to answer over the interweb, not being able to actually see observe what you are doing. So many questions, including where to start. Here goes:
1. what mixing method are you using? Drops, ml, weight?
2. Are you using recipes?
3. How are you calculating the volumes to mix? Using a recipe calculator, your own calculations? Which one? what formulas are you using?

That may be enough to start with.

Regards

Have moved the above four posts to this thread for more general discussion

They were posted in the CLY concentrate review thread. Please keep posts in that thread on reviews only.
It will help future readers lf that thread is focused on reviews, thanks.

CLY Caramel Popcorn 5%: This stuff is a winner. Tastes like diddle daddle right off the bat. Haven't perceived any real flavor changes over the course of 2 weeks, only gets a tad smoother with time. One of their best single flavors I've tried.

I still have CLY Pistachio to try out. Anyone tried it before?

CLY Caramel Popcorn 5%: This stuff is a winner. Tastes like diddle daddle right off the bat. Haven't perceived any real flavor changes over the course of 2 weeks, only gets a tad smoother with time. One of their best single flavors I've tried.

I still have CLY Pistachio to try out. Anyone tried it before?
Don't you find that has a throat hit of note?

Don't you find that has a throat hit of note?

Not at all. Hardly any throat hit at all. Granted I don't have a very sensitive throat. More like a tin throat. I quit smoking more than a year ago and I'm still not convinced my taste buds have fully recovered

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My first time DIY'ING. I mixed4 small 10ml batches two nights ago @ 60/ 40 ratio
Berries @ 3%
not bad as a shake n vape
Next was
Honeymelon @ 3%
Menthol @ 0.5%.
Quite a strong perfume
From this so have let it breath overnight.
Not quite as strong perfume smell this morning but will leave it for a while to steep.
Third was
Malva @ 3%.
Tasted good straight away.
Last was
Malva @ 2%
Apple @ 3%
Am already hooked on this. Maybe could have done with the apple being 4% but nice and subtle and very smooth

An update on these.
The Berries didn't change over a few weeks. Still tasted good.
I didn't get on with the honeymelon and menthol so will not be mixing this again.
The malva pudding got better after two weeks
The malva and apple. This is my go to vape at the moment. Ive just had to make a slight alteration as it was almost perfect.
I have added 3% litchi to the mix and now it's 99% there.
As a small experiment I made a 10ml mix of the malva, apple and litchi and added 0.5% spearmint. First impressions are good. Very good. Very very good.
I think this may be the X factor that makes this one perfect.
As before these are all 60/40 mixes.

Thanx @supermoto. Very keen to try your interesting mix there. Stupid rule of one unfortunately applies to me, so I'll have to wait till I'm back at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had CLY Buchu Tea and wanted something to try it out with.
Something I made a while ago stealing the idea from @rogue zombie White Girl

Buchu tea
CLY Buchu - 1.5%
CLY Cream - 1%
CLY Vanilla Moirs - 1%
CLY Caramel - 0.5%

I am not a big tea lover so I have no idea why I had this concentrate in the first place, but this is not too bad.
Extract from my notes " Nice tea taste, not too sweet, tea might be a bit strong but then again it is a tea vape"

I did a fruit tea as well. The Buchu is not as strong as the one above even though the percentage is more.The fruits take over.
Stolen again from @Andre Fruity Green Tea (I know....sue me)

Buchu Fruit Tea
CLY Buchu - 2%
CLY Dragon Fruit - 0.5%
CLY Peach - 1%
CLY Pommegranate - 1%
CLY Vanilla Moirs - 0.5%
CLY Ice Cream - 0.5%

Again, I am not a big tea lover so this is not in my daily rotation (of tobacco's) but I do not get any chemical or harsh notes from it. It is what it is, a fruit tea blend. Someone might find it useful.

Back