Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day 1 - Rewick and recoil Dvarw's
Day 2 - Sort out my T-Shirts
Day 3 - Clean my display cabinet and sort the vape gear!
Day 4 - Change my Remotes Battery
Day 5 - Clean Dvarw’s ready for rewicking!
Day 6 – Sorting the empty vape boxes.
Atmizoo.JPG Dani.JPG

Yeah we have this problem as well just over our boundary wall, which neighbours the vast leeuwkop prison complex- different animals though.
There are many jackals and buck (i dont know which ones but they are all Bambi to me :-( , plus some others as well )
at least twice a year they cull animals - you hear rifle shots going off in the early night. Its terrible.

We also have a small nature reserve of sorts across the road, so i've had our dogs wake me up a few times before because they have found a rabbit, baby hedgehog, meerkat, or mongoose in our garden (little miss pitbull once brought a baby hedgehog into our house ! )

I would love to find a baby hedgehog, i have always wanted one as a pet but they rather expensive, around R2000 - R3500 depending on if they the salt & Pepper (B&W) or the more rare cinnamon (Pink) so if you find another one let me know, Bear & Ollie needs a little hedgie sibling haha

By the time my Grandfather was my age, he had amassed a large collection of tins and glass jars filled with odds and ends. Today I can proudly say I have followed in his steps. Time to sort out my collection of screws, bolts and bric-a-brac laying around in the garage.
IMG_20200401_142657.jpg

Here's to everyone that's with someone in this lockdown
Use the time to mend what you need to PSX_20200401_162453.jpg

I would love to find a baby hedgehog, i have always wanted one as a pet but they rather expensive, around R2000 - R3500 depending on if they the salt & Pepper (B&W) or the more rare cinnamon (Pink) so if you find another one let me know, Bear & Ollie needs a little hedgie sibling haha
I have caught a few in my yard or rather the dogs cornered a few and I captured them.
I considered keeping them but read they have anxiety issues in captivity so I just release them back into the nature reserve...

I have caught a few in my yard or rather the dogs cornered a few and I captured them.
I considered keeping them but read they have anxiety issues in captivity so I just release them back into the nature reserve...

Yeah. I did the same.
Smelly little creatures as well but that may have been his anxiety letting out. Kept him in my dogs travel cage overnight until I could release into the reserve across the road.

Nearly released a rabbit as well. Turned out to be one of the neighbours pets.

I guess the wild ones will always be wild and in order to have one as a pet they need to be hand reared from lil baby hedgies. i will buy one one day though, awesome creatures

SWAMBO is getting a bit too used to having a house husband. Tonight she asked for a creamy mushroom and smoked sausage pasta. Yes dear. Let's get cooking...
IMG_20200401_181612.jpg

Yeah we have this problem as well just over our boundary wall, which neighbours the vast leeuwkop prison complex- different animals though.
There are many jackals and buck (i dont know which ones but they are all Bambi to me :-( , plus some others as well )
at least twice a year they cull animals - you hear rifle shots going off in the early night. Its terrible.

We also have a small nature reserve of sorts across the road, so i've had our dogs wake me up a few times before because they have found a rabbit, baby hedgehog, meerkat, or mongoose in our garden (little miss pitbull once brought a baby hedgehog into our house ! )

Ah Leeuwkop brings back many memories. There used to be a Pistol Shooting Club there - I don't know if they still have it. Both my Mom and Dad were enthusiastic members and shot for Transvaal in competitions. I remember our Saturday afternoons there so well! I was a child then (about 10 years old or so) so I would be left to my own devices while they went to shoot and I would entertain myself in the Clubhouse. One of the rooms had a blackboard and I would pretend that I was a teacher, teaching English grammar.

When the shooting for the afternoon ended, I was allowed on to the range to fire a few shots. My Dad insisted that I knew how to shoot - and knew enough to respect a gun. But the most fun was picking up the doppies (the empty bullet cartridges) afterwards. Can't remember now what I did with them though.

There’s a certainly a great benefit if we could all afford wearing masks and use them the right way. But, there are 2 downsides:
1.People do not know how to use them
2. People will develop a false sense of security and neglect social distancing
3. And I can safely say that we don’t have enough in the country. We don’t want to see people competing with healthcare professionals who are most in need for protective gear of which prices have badly soared with the increased demand.

This makes me furious! I would have gladly driven over her entire garden after they did that to the Ostriches!

@Ruwaid Agree! And our community would definitely have turned against her if we knew who it was. The municipality of course refused to give her name. They just said that a woman had lodged many complaints.

@Ruwaid Agree! And our community would definitely have turned against her if we knew who it was. The municipality of course refused to give her name. They just said that a woman had lodged many complaints.

Reminds me of when Sandton was complaining about jaded as making noise
City parks removed alot of them
2 weeks later Sandton was complaining about parktown prawns
Hadedas used to eat them previously

I wonder if we're allowed to drive around? My doggie loves going for a drive, so what harm is there in my going for a drive around town?

I wonder if we're allowed to drive around? My doggie loves going for a drive, so what harm is there in my going for a drive around town?

You're not
My complex has already kakked us out in advance
Pretty much hou vas by die huis unless something urgent and essential to be done.
Last thing I want is to encounter a faulty cop or army personell with my dog in the car.

You're not
My complex has already kakked us out in advance
Pretty much hou vas by die huis unless something urgent and essential to be done.
Last thing I want is to encounter a faulty cop or army personell with my dog in the car.

I agree! The last thing that I want is to be arrested as an example to others!!

hi
hope everyone is safe and making the most of the lockdown
my vape broke today and i now am screwed for the next 3 weeks... i really dont want to go back to ciggs
does anyone know where i could buy a new vape in this current situation??? it would be a huuge help
i smoke salt nic, so looking for a pod device
i live in jhb
thanks in advnce

I broke protocol today. Someone in the area was in desperate need of CBD juice, which he'd forgotten to buy before lockdown. He uses it for chronic back pain only. He's not a vaper, or a smoker for that matter.

So I met him in the parking lot of Spar - but I went shopping too, so that I could truthfully say that I had gone shopping if someone queried my presence. It was a very quick meeting. He pulled up next to me, I gave him the bottle through the window, and off he went. And I GAVE it to him - I didn't sell it.

Back