Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The serious stuff will start in 2 weeks time buddy. Brace!

Yeah.
The relaxations and openings in level 3 (businesses, schools, places of worship) will likely start a further spread.
I call 70k to 100k cases by 15 June.
Hopefully the recovery rate negates at least 60% of that, but given that we are walking into the cold season, my hope is very limited.

Our curve is only starting now we'll be seeing our curve spike soon.
@ARYANTO @Resistance @Grand Guru @M.Adhir , thanks for your updates and feedback on this. I have been reading up and trying to educate myself, having my 76 year old mom living with me, a worry, and sharing my knowledge and views with all in my family.

We are not scared of the virus anymore, we stand a fighting chance, but that doesn’t mean we are getting stupid or reckless. Only if we face out fear can we beat this in the most basic way possible, clean hands, sun and clean air, and not taking chances but still living our lives to the fullest. Be safe everyone, normality will never be the same. At this stage I’m more worried about the consequences of the lockdown on society, against the virus we stand a chance, against anarchy we are all doomed, and the news doesn’t look good either way.

Stay safe everyone, we can if we stand together and work together, otherwise humanity will become just a word in a dictionary.

@ARYANTO @Resistance @Grand Guru @M.Adhir , thanks for your updates and feedback on this. I have been reading up and trying to educate myself, having my 76 year old mom living with me, a worry, and sharing my knowledge and views with all in my family.

We are not scared of the virus anymore, we stand a fighting chance, but that doesn’t mean we are getting stupid or reckless. Only if we face out fear can we beat this in the most basic way possible, clean hands, sun and clean air, and not taking chances but still living our lives to the fullest. Be safe everyone, normality will never be the same. At this stage I’m more worried about the consequences of the lockdown on society, against the virus we stand a chance, against anarchy we are all doomed, and the news doesn’t look good either way.

Stay safe everyone, we can if we stand together and work together, otherwise humanity will become just a word in a dictionary.

A big thanks to you aswell for your contributions.
We're all hoping and praying that we will survive along with everyone we know. This forum has found a place in my daily life and the members we now call friends and vape family too.
Sanity is found here in this sometimes insane forum and a big thanks for the ups and downs. Sometimes that's all we need. Just the support.

Day 65 07:00
The day before the ''Bullrun to the bottlestore '' it is going to be entertaining - now you are going to see numbers escalating with some social animals unable to keep their ''joy'' to themselves and sharing zol is going to become a very harsh reality .

Yeah.
The relaxations and openings in level 3 (businesses, schools, places of worship) will likely start a further spread.
I call 70k to 100k cases by 15 June.
Hopefully the recovery rate negates at least 60% of that, but given that we are walking into the cold season, my hope is very limited.
After tomorrow's ''unlock'' the whole sewerage farm is going to hit the wind turbine . :confused:

Testing-data-May-2020.png

Full article :
https://businesstech.co.za/news/lif...y-province-in-south-africa/?source=newsletter

It’s the unknown portion in this info that bothers me, if that 3.6 % is correct, how can we believe any of the other figures on there, especially in a time like this. To not know who or where negates the rest in totality don’t you think.
It has to do with the completeness of the forms that are sent to the lab with the tests @Room Fogger. We’re talking about 5 bloody long pages so the poor healthcare professionals do make mistakes sometimes as it is time consuming and if you work in an ER, you need to be quick to push the queue...

It’s the unknown portion in this info that bothers me, if that 3.6 % is correct, how can we believe any of the other figures on there, especially in a time like this. To not know who or where negates the rest in totality don’t you think.

A disclaimer, this isn't to say the virus is more or less deadly. I honestly don't want to get in to middle of another Bill Gates is Satan argument. I take my information from science journals that I respect as well medical professionals I know personally who I respect.

The unknown is just unconfirmed either from bad data collected or bureaucracy. Further more you shouldn't take official figures as the final data set, it's just a window in to what is happening, because without testing every single individual alive or those that have died in the last 6 months we have no idea of the true picture, based on serum tests done in many countries they have seen that some of their first cases and deaths happened in November already. The same antibody tests that were used on a sample population in New York that said way more people had it, and thus the MR was assumed to be less than originally thought, have been so far proven to be too sensitive to other coronaviruses. On the other hand some places have admitted using antibody tests as official numbers, and some places didn't count deaths in nursing homes to keep numbers down. Hacked data from some countries have shown they under-counted a lot. Some places now want to start testing sewage to get a PPM figure as an idea of truer numbers. Our own government seemed confused about their backlog on testing. So use the numbers as a fuzzy idea of what's going on.

In other news I wonder how many people have done this same as this guy:

https://www.iol.co.za/sunday-tribune/covid-19-infected-prison-warder-goes-on-the-run-48747758

So them astros are all safely landed and tucked in.
Out there looking like Backstreet Boys all grown up and launching their next album.

PSX_20200531_195333.jpg

Back