Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day 75 08:00
Heard this morning the work needs me to come in on Friday to do ONE job and then I can go back home ...
b184566bcafc06f628a1ae232c74cb48.jpg
I was called out today and will gi in tomorrow again don't know about FRIDAY
After today's work i can feel I'm now getting old lol

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

All crèches, daycares and pre-schools are still closed so I would question the toddler and baby infections.

Not sure of how grades etc work anymore.

But I know some private schools have reopened grade R with permission from the dept.
A friends kid started this week again.

The infections being detected now are likely the ones which just got missed with kids being home and parents possibly not noticing previously.

Not sure of how grades etc work anymore.

But I know some private schools have reopened grade R with permission from the dept.
A friends kid started this week again.

The infections being detected now are likely the ones which just got missed with kids being home and parents possibly not noticing previously.

A lot of smaller schools have opened completely where they can have 15 kids per class and meet all the criteria.

The steps that schools implemented are really impressive. There will always be exceptions but for most part I'm not too worried about the schools causing a big spike. Kids for the most part will adhere to the regulations.

Churches on the other hand is going to cause a big spike. There's no way in controlling them and most people are middle aged, middle class adults who think they know better.

Smoking ban: Dlamini-Zuma tells court that duplicate submissions were a “genuine error”
https://www.all4women.co.za/2036857...at-duplicate-submissions-were-a-genuine-error
10 June 2020

"Cooperative Governance Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma has argued in papers before the North Gauteng High Court that her exaggeration of the number of submissions the government received in support of its contentious ban on the sale of cigarettes was a bona fide error
In documents studied by a full bench of the North Gauteng High Court on Tuesday, the minister submitted that she did not set out to deceive the court when claiming that she had received 1 535 public submissions in support of the ongoing prohibition of cigarette sales.

“I note that there is significant repetition of public submissions in the record,” the minister said in her answering affidavit to argument by the Free-Trade Independent Tobacco Association.

FITA is asking for a court ruling setting aside the ban that has been in place since 27 March.
The minister said in compiling a legal reply, officials in her department copied all emails sent to the address for public submissions on the matter, that included the words “smoker”, “tobacco” and “smoking”, “including misspellings” of these three terms.

“It appears that some emails were received more than once into the email account, or were accidentally printed more than once when the record was compiled. The repetition is a bona fide error,” Dlamini-Zuma said.

She has been widely ridiculed for stating that there had been 1 535 petitions in favour of the ban before closer scrutiny showed that 47,2 percent of these were unrelated submissions, some 23 percent were in fact opposed to the ban and only 29 percent, or 454 submissions, supported the ban she announced in late April would remain in place indefinitely.

The misstatement has led to the official opposition, Democratic Alliance (DA), lodging a complaint against the minister in terms of the Code of Ethical conduct for office bearers for misleading the public..."

It still doesn't make sense to me.

The schools only opened 3 days ago for grade 7 and 12. It is way too early to see an increase due to schools opening.

My guess is that due to increased screening at the schools they picked up more cases and can be backtraced to the homes.

As for the ECD centers, they are most definitely still closed. Wife and 3 year old will confirm that.
My brother I have no interest in arguing with you. I'm just as confused ,but I do know that some schools here in the Cape has been opened or have been open since last week. What they did there I don't know.
I was never intending on sending my kids to school in any case. That was said in this forum already a few weeks back.
How and why this is happening I don't know. What I do know is this video that was sent to me was recorded from TV news as I'm working in a remote location and I don't have satellite coverage.
I thought maybe someone has a link to a you tube post so I could get the whole video.
So I stand out of the water about how's and why's. I don't have those answers , but I'm also inquiring.

My brother I have no interest in arguing with you. I'm just as confused ,but I do know that some schools here in the Cape has been opened or have been open since last week. What they did there I don't know.
I was never intending on sending my kids to school in any case. That was said in this forum already a few weeks back.
How and why this is happening I don't know. What I do know is this video that was sent to me was recorded from TV news as I'm working in a remote location and I don't have satellite coverage.
I thought maybe someone has a link to a you tube post so I could get the whole video.
So I stand out of the water about how's and why's. I don't have those answers , but I'm also inquiring.

I'm most definitely not arguing. Just stating what I know.

Smoking ban: Dlamini-Zuma tells court that duplicate submissions were a “genuine error”
https://www.all4women.co.za/2036857...at-duplicate-submissions-were-a-genuine-error
10 June 2020

"Cooperative Governance Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma has argued in papers before the North Gauteng High Court that her exaggeration of the number of submissions the government received in support of its contentious ban on the sale of cigarettes was a bona fide error
In documents studied by a full bench of the North Gauteng High Court on Tuesday, the minister submitted that she did not set out to deceive the court when claiming that she had received 1 535 public submissions in support of the ongoing prohibition of cigarette sales.

“I note that there is significant repetition of public submissions in the record,” the minister said in her answering affidavit to argument by the Free-Trade Independent Tobacco Association.

FITA is asking for a court ruling setting aside the ban that has been in place since 27 March.
The minister said in compiling a legal reply, officials in her department copied all emails sent to the address for public submissions on the matter, that included the words “smoker”, “tobacco” and “smoking”, “including misspellings” of these three terms.

“It appears that some emails were received more than once into the email account, or were accidentally printed more than once when the record was compiled. The repetition is a bona fide error,” Dlamini-Zuma said.

She has been widely ridiculed for stating that there had been 1 535 petitions in favour of the ban before closer scrutiny showed that 47,2 percent of these were unrelated submissions, some 23 percent were in fact opposed to the ban and only 29 percent, or 454 submissions, supported the ban she announced in late April would remain in place indefinitely.

The misstatement has led to the official opposition, Democratic Alliance (DA), lodging a complaint against the minister in terms of the Code of Ethical conduct for office bearers for misleading the public..."

A 'genuine error' that has cost the economy billions in revenue and cost the fiscus a crap-ton in sin tax.
And will lead to many vape store closures as a result eventually.

As usual--there will be no accountability

Oh my gosh, this is crazy

So Planet Fitness members will be charged R100 per workout?
That is crazy
If my Virgin Active does that I doubt I would go. And I don’t think many others would go either

View attachment 198214

I think that's a specific workout you're paying for.
100 bucks extra to access that routine/ class in the gym.

Oh my gosh, this is crazy

So Planet Fitness members will be charged R100 per workout?
That is crazy
If my Virgin Active does that I doubt I would go. And I don’t think many others would go either

View attachment 198214

Doubt I will go as well. I haven't seen the inside of a gym for over 15 years but thats besides the point.

I think that's a specific workout you're paying for.
100 bucks extra to access that routine/ class in the gym.

Ah ok @M.Adhir
Didn’t know that

Anyway, it’s not clear from the sign whether that’s a general admission fee to go in for a workout or a special class.

I do spinning at my gym and if they now charge me R100 per session on top of my gym membership I don’t think I will go

I understand that they will have half the capacity and they need to recover the money
But they mustn’t forget that people like me have supported them for like 10 years plus so now when the chips are down they want to charge me extra. That leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I would be inclined to cancel my membership.

They should rather borrow money from banks or try get funding elsewhere to carry them through, put their customers first and then when things get back to normal they can pay back the loans by foregoing the profit they would make for a while.

But to pass that on to paying customers I think is not going to make them popular and could lead to cancellations.

Just my view

PS - just a thought, when restaurants open up and they can only have half their seating capacity, what would happen if they charged double for each item on their menu? I doubt they would do that because people wouldn’t go.

Some interesting stumbling that happened from Gov side, great to see they were so unprepared, and didn’t refer to the “science” they used to supposedly come to the decision once, as commented on by alternative media, this is a time for regulations to fight Covid19 and should be focused on this, not to drive personal likes and dislikes and long term policy. That is for normal parliamentary processes and public consultation.

my daughter is in grade 3 and we have sent her back to school. The school has many procedures and stops in place that has made me comfortable sending her back. There has been zero mention of any schools in the table view area having positive cases though if there were I would not send her.

IMG-20200610-WA0033.jpg IMG-20200610-WA0034.jpg IMG-20200610-WA0035.jpg IMG-20200610-WA0029.jpg IMG-20200610-WA0030.jpg IMG-20200610-WA0032.jpg
We treated Mom to a Seafood dinner for her birthday. We are truly blessed to all be living on one compound! My kods have their cuzzies daily, i get to spend amole time with my folks and siblings andb if you're out of bread or milk, you just walk to the next next house and collect.

Lockdown has had its kak moments but everyday we thank God for these blessings.

Haven't posted any of these for a while.
Chicken and Spicy Italian sausage with chilli, zucchini, spinach and a creamy garlic and Parmesan sauce! Pasta for the win on this cold night.
IMG_20200611_191701.jpg IMG_20200611_192836.jpg IMG_20200611_193553.jpg

View attachment 198272 View attachment 198273 View attachment 198274 View attachment 198275 View attachment 198276 View attachment 198278
We treated Mom to a Seafood dinner for her birthday. We are truly blessed to all be living on one compound! My kods have their cuzzies daily, i get to spend amole time with my folks and siblings andb if you're out of bread or milk, you just walk to the next next house and collect.

Happy Birthday Mom!

Day ?
A youngster flying on the road drove into my car at a stop sign this afternoon. I thank God he was driving a small car. He could have killed me on the spot! I got away with a few bruises and some damage to the car but I think his car will be written off... he obviously has no insurance and learner license :facepalm:

View attachment 198272 View attachment 198273 View attachment 198274 View attachment 198275 View attachment 198276 View attachment 198278

Yoh I've just noticed my terrible typing on majority of my posts! Imagine the parents of my learner's see these posts. I'll lose learners by the dozen!

Back