Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morning gang , another day in the dust bowl , sand and dust everywhere , after this exercise , I am going to need a cleaning crew to un dust the whole house...got a notification from the bank , salary paid over , a whopping R1500 , for the few hrs I went in the last 2 weeks, must I laugh or cry in my Coke ? At least I still have a job , sort of .Happy Friday btw.

DoH - country ‘s coronavirus deaths
Case Data:

Province Total cases for 24 June 2020
Eastern Cape- 19214 17,2
Free State- 889 0,8
Gauteng- 26156 23,4
KwaZulu-Natal- 6075 5,4
Limpopo- 670 0,6
Mpumalanga- 713 0,6
North West- 2618 2,3
Northern Cape- 299 0,3
Western Cape- 55162 49,3
Unknown- 0 0,0
Total- 111796 100,0

So,BATSA case scheduled to be heard on Tuesday 30 June, has been postponed to 5/6 August.
Article on news24...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

20200626_160334.jpg Ok 15:00 Friday afternoon , now waiting for steel supports and lintels to arrive , looking good at this stage
- whole house was jumping while they compacted the floor :eek: The Dulux colour of the year is Tranquil dawn - that's the greenish one , will be the main colour , set off by a charcoal accent wall , not brownish as in pic.

dulux-colour-futures-colour-of-the-year-2020-a-home-for-meaning-bedroom-inspiration-south-africa-33.jpg

View attachment 199553 Ok 15:00 Friday afternoon , now waiting for steel supports and lintels to arrive , looking good at this stage
- whole house was jumping while they compacted the floor :eek: The Dulux colour of the year is Tranquil dawn - that's the greenish one , will be the main colour , set off by a charcoal accent wall , not brownish as in pic.

dulux-colour-futures-colour-of-the-year-2020-a-home-for-meaning-bedroom-inspiration-south-africa-33.jpg

love those ceilings

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 09.44.06.jpeg
Me, my boy and a friend and his son went fishing today.
Some observations
First time in my life I needed( or let us say was asked for) a fishing license( luckily we had)
You could always fish where you like, now they have rules and fishing spots are numbered and you cant even choose, They tell you where to go. Funny thing is there is about 60 spots and there were about 25 cars. But they started at spot one and everyone was stacked at one side of dam and the whole other side was open. Some brains don't work, so with social distancing they now have rules and congest everyone in one area.
Never did 30min pass when some police or traffic vehicle did not drive past to look for offenders. Now what puzzles me is in town 20, 100 etc stand in queue 1m apart, taxis, vehicles are full of people less than 1m apart in a closed environment. You never see police. But I stand in the open air at a dam with the closest person 20-50m from me, but there is constant policing for the 50 people that is there for the day

Not a single fish, but man was it good to sit in the open, even the cold wind could not spoil it. It was -2 degrees when we arrived at 5H30, better than work or sitting at home, Sommer going again in the next week or two

View attachment 199574
Some observations
First time in my life I needed( or let us say was asked for) a fishing license( luckily we had)
You could always fish where you like, now they have rules and fishing spots are numbered and you cant even choose, They tell you where to go. Funny thing is there is about 60 spots and there were about 25 cars. But they started at spot one and everyone was stacked at one side of dam and the whole other side was open. Some brains don't work, so with social distancing they now have rules and congest everyone in one area.
Never did 30min pass when some police or traffic vehicle did not drive past to look for offenders. Now what puzzles me is in town 20, 100 etc stand in queue 1m apart, taxis, vehicles are full of people less than 1m apart in a closed environment. You never see police. But I stand in the open air at a dam with the closest person 20-50m from me, but there is constant policing for the 50 people that is there for the day

Not a single fish, but man was it good to sit in the open, even the cold wind could not spoil it. It was -2 degrees when we arrived at 5H30, better than work or sitting at home, Sommer going again in the next week or two
Rietvlei, many a fisherman has exchanged his kit for ballet shoes at that dam, she is a cruel mistress.

I wish my company allows me to work from india. I will be happy to still pay taxes here. But at least I can save on rent, household expenses etc.
For example instead of r900 for internet a month I will be paying only r100 a month for the double the internet speed in mumbai.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Miss going to France but what i dont miss is finding out what things cost Communication wise... holy vapour data is next to nothing

Rietvlei, many a fisherman has exchanged his kit for ballet shoes at that dam, she is a cruel mistress.
My friend is a big( or let me say serious fisherman). On the other stand next to him was a lady fishing on her own, She was the only one the whole day to catch a fish, she got 2. We helped her to land them in the net. And to rub it in even more, both carps was in the 8kg range. She did not even weigh them and claimed "Ahg another small one" HEHE most average anglers have not even caught a 8kg carp

View attachment 199574
Some observations

lovely photo @Jean claude Vaaldamme

Back