Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Christos , it is chaos, we are 2 weeks away from the finished project ,can't wait for the dust to settle , EVERYTHING is dusty . Thanks that it's not summer with rain , that would have made everything 10 times worse . The thing with older house is you have to rebuild from the bottom , and you can't just break down and demolish , never know what you'll find [no gold]...

@Christos , it is chaos, we are 2 weeks away from the finished project ,can't wait for the dust to settle , EVERYTHING is dusty . Thanks that it's not summer with rain , that would have made everything 10 times worse . The thing with older house is you have to rebuild from the bottom , and you can't just break down and demolish , never know what you'll find [no gold]...

Please don't open any boxes or caskets you find under the floor. We are dealing with enough as it is.

So your drinking water comes out brown at the moment and you need to run it clear?
I’ve been following your renovations with interest. Got me ready to go ahead with my renovations but I still need to redo the water pipes from scratch and that is a process that I’m afraid of. I have to firstly do all the pipes above ground before I cut bathroom walls to redo my ancient galvanized pipes that are in the walls.

I’ve been following your renovations with interest. Got me ready to go ahead with my renovations but I still need to redo the water pipes from scratch and that is a process that I’m afraid of. I have to firstly do all the pipes above ground before I cut bathroom walls to redo my ancient galvanized pipes that are in the walls.
Why not cut on the outside and run only where needed inside while leaving the old pipes in the walls.(remove only where in the way for new faucets.

Grin , challenge - try to get outside security light ,fountain pump , fiber cable and outside plug to go through the roof, in conduit and down a wall , under the work space , without crimping the fiber cable ... nightmare.

Running with these grey anti slip tile in the room and outside on the patio/ stoep. A bargain at 99.99 on special at Tile city, Got 50 sq's to cover .
20200703_095436.jpg

You’re going to have to do a video tour when it’s finished!
Guys , never do this - fk , it's madness - luckily I know my contractor ,so it's less painful , but the disorder is making me mad !
I will do an Imax movie , just to sleep past 6:30 when the workers arrive , and not taste dust and sand when I open my mouth .

Guys , never do this - fk , it's madness - luckily I know my contractor ,so it's less painful , but the disorder is making me mad !
I will do an Imax movie , just to sleep past 6:30 when the workers arrive , and not taste dust and sand when I open my mouth .

I have a friend building in waterfall.
They have been delayed twice by slow contractors.
Was mean to finish last July. Then last December.
They weren't done. He kicked the contactor off site and got a new one. And then lockdown happened.
One year behind schedule as at this week. Still no complete house.
He said next time he's buying pre-built.

The missus lost a close family member to Covid this afternoon.
And they thought they just had the flu until they got tested about a week ago.
She was on ventilator and passed on. 45 or so years old.

It's starting to hit closer and closer to home each day.
Stay safe people.

Stay safe people.
That’s tragic... she was my age. Sorry for your loss buddy.

Stay safe people.

Sorry to hear that. Its terrible if it gets so close.

Gauteng is getting wild at the moment.

On my previous week we had 2 people on my shift positive. And one is diabetic. So I'm a bit worried. At least there is no indication of any cross infection amongst he staff so no reason to close the lab. And disinfecting is our normal routine in any case. But it still opens your eyes when it starts to happen so close to home.

Stay safe people.
Sorry to hear of the loss @M.Adhir , your family and the family is in our thoughts.

Stay safe people.
Sorry for your loss

This Covid is really getting out of hand especially in Gauteng now and i still see alot of people not wearing masks etc

I'm also the same age and still don't know if i need to back to work on monday after this week's thing at my work

Stay safe

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Stay safe people.

Sorry to hear about your loss. This disease is frightening in its unpredictability and the best we can do is be aware at all times.

Stay safe everyone.

What gets to me is the amount of people taking it so lightly. People that we assume are mostly well educated and knowledgeable enough to know the concept of common sense.

-Family and friends visiting each other because 'we all know each other and nobody is sick here'
- people that know they have been exposed and don't bother to isolate themselves or get tested
- companies where staff have tested positive. No proper sanitization of premises occurs. All other staff are expected to remain at work. No isolation. No testing.
- even know of people who have been asked to stay at work and supervise the sanitizing teams. When the whole reason the sanitizing team is there is because someone in the office tested positive
- people not bothered about wearing masks or maintain distance when in shops or malls etc

Stay safe people.
Condolences to the family bro.

It's hit close here as well. We had colleagues on leave due to contact with an infected supplier. I hope they'll be negative because then it will be too close for comfort.

Stay safe people.
Sorry to hear that bud

Sent from my STK-L21 using Tapatalk

What worries me most is that the private sector is testing more than the public hospitals... we are missing many cases.

I went to work on Thursday to do some paperwork. There has been a huge surge in tests this last week and everywhere there's a backlog.

I know Unitas hospital is full and started referring people to other hospitals. So Centurion is in trouble. Can just imagine what it looks like in the public hospitals.

Back