Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day 8.
Knocking of at midnight. Still 4 hours to go:confused: otherwise it’s routine apart that there’s no blood on the floor tonight thanks to the lockdown!:dancer2:

SWAMBO still busy working at the hospital, food done, day done, music playing, Vapes vaping, whisky sipping. It was a good day. Unfortunately people are not taking this Lockdown seriously. When I went in to town to drop off food earlier, the town was buzzing with people. We had our first official confirmed COVID19 case in town today. The gentleman had a cellphone shop in one of the rural areas and was operating until yesterday. Waiting on the bomb to drop here in Ltt.

SWAMBO still busy working at the hospital, food done, day done, music playing, Vapes vaping, whisky sipping. It was a good day. Unfortunately people are not taking this Lockdown seriously. When I went in to town to drop off food earlier, the town was buzzing with people. We had our first official confirmed COVID19 case in town today. The gentleman had a cellphone shop in one of the rural areas and was operating until yesterday. Waiting on the bomb to drop here in Ltt.

Maybe NOW they'll take it seriously! I wonder how many customers he had been in contact with??

Maybe NOW they'll take it seriously! I wonder how many customers he had been in contact with??
I hope so @Hooked, it has the potential to get very ugly here in Limpopo. Very limited resources, a large population of immuno-compromised people, these things do not "mix well"

Somebody used my driveway for a U-turn and drove off. Opened 2 beers for nothing now.

I went out to get some tomatoes this afternoon. The roads was more quiet,bit I don't think it has anything to do with the issue the world is facing. I think it has a bit more to do with finances.
People are buying one of necessary food items like onions, tomatoes and potatoes.
Single portion sugar and coffee.
This is starting to get worry some. It's Friday and people don't have...

I went out to get some tomatoes this afternoon. The roads was more quiet,bit I don't think it has anything to do with the issue the world is facing. I think it has a bit more to do with finances.
People are buying one of necessary food items like onions, tomatoes and potatoes.
Single portion sugar and coffee.
This is starting to get worry some. It's Friday and people don't have...
I get your point @Resistance. I’m not particularly in favour of a welfare society but in these tough times, people can judge whether their governments are caring or not. If you lock people in their homes, then you’d better make sure that the poorest of the poor has something to fill his stomach and to warm his kids up in those chilly nights. It’s heart breaking :facepalm:

I have food on my table, a roof over my head. I get to spend quality time with my loved ones. There are a lot more people with a lot less than me, truly having to 'Survive' these next 2 weeks. Going to take some excess food to the local mission this afternoon. I implore all of us that are able to do so, to do the same. Have a great day fellow Forumites!
View attachment 193444

@Dela Rey Steyn This x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000
We really have to keep in mind the millions/billions of people who survive only on a day to day basis by working at whatever little jobs they can possibly get. They have no net to carry them through even a few days, no money in the bank, many people in tiny shacks, that's real desperation. Keep perspective when we ***** and moan about everything.

Their suffering is deep and real. Being stuck in a house with food deliveries for a few weeks and seeing your bank account shrink, well thats luxury.

Day 9 - 09:05
Woke up later than normal , but that's ok, only went to bed 01:00 after watching CONTAGION and TRAIN TO BUSAN - It's still raining cats and dogs ,the temps have dropped as well , we are going to have many sick people soon , privileged me slept with my warm blanket , I am really depressed if I think of those 1000's less fortunate than me/us . The tally reached 1505- 8 deaths last night . There is no activity in my street , not even a car after yesterday's incident with Mr Up and down .09:58
Bloomberg
:The new coronavirus has now infected more than 1 million people across the world, a milestone reached just four months after it first surfaced in the Chinese city of Wuhan. More than 53,000 have died and 211,000 recovered in what has become the biggest global public health crisis of our time.
Updates as things develop.

Last edited:
I can relate to all of us who are having hard times sleeping cos of stress right now. Was watching the news and health dept says that they PREDICT 60% of people in Gauteng will get this virus. I really pray that infections in SA are along a flatter curve rather than a very very steep incline and all at once/or like wild fire like Italy as an example. Because if all our measures fail in preventing infection, I would choose to get it now rather later when the hospitals and health facilities are able to cope with infections.

The first signs of the 2nd Great Depression...tough times ahead. Our kids are bound to suffer from the greed and recklessness of our generation. We didn’t learn from the 2008 financial crisis in fact things got worse in the last 3 years.
this is more depressing than scary when we think about the futures of our children. Even moving abroad won't mean much due to this being a global crisis.

Woke up later than normal , but that's ok, only went to bed 01:00 after watching CONTAGION and TRAIN TO BUSAN - It's still raining cats and dogs ,the temps have dropped as well , we are going to have many sick people soon , privileged me slept with my warm blanket , I am really depressed if I think of those 1000's less fortunate than me/us . The tally reached 1505- 8 deaths last night . There is no activity in my street , not even a car after yesterday's incident with Mr Up and down .09:58
Bloomberg
:The new coronavirus has now infected more than 1 million people across the world, a milestone reached just four months after it first surfaced in the Chinese city of Wuhan. More than 53,000 have died and 211,000 recovered in what has become the biggest global public health crisis of our time.

It's truly quite unbelievable, isn't it?

Yesterday someone messaged me to say that he had a gift for me. He was making it and when done he would drive past and throw it over the wall and let me know when he had done so. I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. Not only to be getting a gift, which I never do (only my brother and I are left in the family and we don't exchange gifts) but also out of curiosity.

He threw it over the wall and I rushed to fetch it. This is what I found.

20200403_183553.jpg

And here I was thinking maybe he was giving me some of his mother's cupcakes or something like that. :meparto:

I explained that I don't use the other stuff, but that I appreciate his thoughtfulness. I also offered to return it, since I know that it's a precious commodity and he accepted the return - driving past again, so that I could throw it over the wall.

I often find that people assume that because I vape, I use the other stuff. I wonder why that is? It's a very skewed perception of vaping and vapers, isn't it? Granted, there are many vapers who do, but it doesn't mean that because you vape you use the other stuff as well.

The highlight of all of this was the messages which we exchanged. :-D.

Screenshot_20200403-192937.png

It's brrr cold in jozi this am
Seems a seal has taken refuge in our lounge for warmth

PSX_20200404_104326.jpg PSX_20200404_104359.jpg

After a very late shift last night, SWAMBO gets to spend the morning in before having to go in again later to give training to some new temp staff. I made a us a full breakfast fry-up, and now we are watching a movie together. The doggos are helping us to keep a good distance.
IMG_20200404_112022.jpg

Day 9,
Lazy day... I got out of bed 2 or 3 times to go to the kitchen. Listening to music, watching the bees gathering nectar and vaping on my squonk setup.
20200404_151328.jpg

Bloomberg

And the global spread could have been prevented if foreigners in China didn't throw their toys out of the cot and insist on going back to their home countries. The virus would have been contained in China. Look at Italy - one person who had been in China returned to Italy ... and that's how it started.

Back