Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Father in law tested positive today, presumably picked it up during a visit to a doctor with rooms at a clinic last week. Mother in law died of cancer just over a month ago. My wife is beside herself.

Father in law tested positive today, presumably picked it up during a visit to a doctor with rooms at a clinic last week. Mother in law died of cancer just over a month ago. My wife is beside herself.
Sorry for your loss @DavyH… your wife needs you more than ever.

So sorry to hear @DavyH

Very sad news.
All the best for you and your family

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that @DavyH. It must be really tough for your wife. I hope your father-in-law makes a full recovery.

All the best wishes there under the sircumstances.

Now my daughter's class is under quarantine. It never stops.

I really wish they close the schools now. Or at least move the holliday to next week. I'm still standing by the fact that children aren't the main vehicle of transmission.

But parents need to know where we stand. Surely this stop-go-stop is not good for the kids either.
Also, during school holidays things tend to slow down slightly. And Gauteng desperately need a slowdown right now.

Last edited:
Western Cape battling to control spike in Covid-19 infections
https://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/new...fections-5a4e56d1-77e3-49d0-b273-a7c01eff7097
25 June 2021

"The Western Cape continues to see an increase in Covid-19 infections, hospitalisations and deaths – with an average of 1 039 new Covid-19 diagnoses each day.

Hospital admissions are increasing, with an average of 86 new admissions per day, along with around 15 deaths each day, according to health officials at the latest Covid-19 briefing on Thursday...

The proportion of positive cases has also increased markedly, to an average of 20%.

Overall, there is a 51% week on week increase in cases in the metro. All the sub-districts are seeing a marked increase in cases...

There were also currently 1 180 patients admitted with Covid-19 – an increase of 68% since mid-May..."

The government needs to impose an inter-provincial travel ban before the school holidays begin.

Sars to close its tax branches temporarily for visits
https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-af...r-visits-98fb4a33-c777-42b7-85bc-8fb3b241b53f
25 June 2021

"With the rising case numbers and the onset of the third wave peak of the Covid-19 pandemic, the SA Revenue Service (Sars) has decided to close its tax branches temporarily for ’’physical visits’’ from Thursday, July 1.

Sars hopes physical branch visits will be able to resume from August 16, but will review the situation continuously.

It said its digital platforms, as demonstrated during the peak of the second wave, allows taxpayers to continue to fulfil their obligations online..."

So sorry to hear this Davy, love and support those around you as best you can. Two of my mates have just tested positive, the wife not doing well.

Thanks everyone for the wishes, we really appreciate it. We've both tested negative and a friend of ours who has been involved in vaccination testing from the outset will be going round to see Louise's father today. FIL has had his first vaccination which should ameliorate the symptoms in any event so we're very hopeful.

Two months later, only half of over-60s have registered for their Covid-19 vaccinations
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/o...ly-registered-for-vaccines-on-the-evds-2021-6
24 June 2021

"South Africa's self-registration vaccination portal was opened to citizens aged 60 and above in mid-April. Only half of the country's over 60s had booked their jabs by 22 June.

South Africa's slow vaccination rollout has been marred by procurement delays, supply constraints, and regulatory setbacks. The health department's plan to vaccinate some 40 million people – representing 67% of the population targeted for herd immunity – by early 2022 is far behind schedule.

Around 2.3 million South Africans – 3.87% of the total population – had received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine by Wednesday 22 June. It's taken more than four months – at an average daily vaccination rate of 18,503 doses – to reach this point. Even at the peak rate, of around 85,000 daily doses, achieved in recent weeks, the pace of South Africa's rollout needs to increase by at least 40% to achieve herd immunity within the first half of 2022.

By the time Phase 2 of the rollout began on 17 May, more than 1.2 million senior citizens had already registered for their Covid-19 jabs through the Electronic Vaccination Data System (EVDS) which had opened to those aged 60 and above a month earlier. The EVDS is crucial in monitoring the regional supply of vaccines, ensuring that an adequate amount of doses are delivered to sites according to the registration tally..."

Gauteng Covid-19 surge will spill over to other provinces - acting health minister
https://www.news24.com/news24/south...her-provinces-acting-health-minister-20210625
25 June 2021
  • Covid-19 cases in Gauteng are likely to spread to other provinces.
  • Acting Health Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane said the spread was inevitable.
  • A Ministerial Advisory Committee meeting is planned for Saturday to discuss interventions.

Ja , the stats are impressive - it's 23:54 in a JHB suburb and the main street is buzzing -We went to P&P earlier and the ''town '' was quiet ,obliviously that was before the salaries went through , local Metro and the infamous local SAPS drive past ppl with the mask sitting on the chin or non existent , walking in groups ...too much trouble to even ''WHOOP WHOOP''
Dear Cyril .... the shit is going to hit the fan, wait for it [drumroll] ... at this rate there will be nobody voting , because there will be nobody left .

Ja , the stats are impressive - it's 23:54 in a JHB suburb and the main street is buzzing -We went to P&P earlier and the ''town '' was quiet ,obliviously that was before the salaries went through , local Metro and the infamous local SAPS drive past ppl with the mask sitting on the chin or non existent , walking in groups ...too much trouble to even ''WHOOP WHOOP''
Dear Cyril .... the shit is going to hit the fan, wait for it [drumroll] ... at this rate there will be nobody voting , because there will be nobody left .
I would’ve made a gif but I’m not as skilled as @MrGSmokeFree!

upload_2021-6-26_5-20-31.jpeg
upload_2021-6-26_5-27-16.jpeg
upload_2021-6-26_5-28-33.jpeg
upload_2021-6-26_5-24-56.jpeg

Back