Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back from another stint protecting our suburb. All quiet thank the Pope! It seems the criminals are more interested in looting than trying to come into a suburb that is armed by really angry people!

Rather stay at home @Rob Fisher. If they decide to attack the suburbs you don't stand a chance against them.

I'm quite sure this will work in KZN
3ad92x.jpg

Things have settled here now. I think there’s nothing left to steal out of our centre here.

saw that they’re now looting the containers in the MSC depot in the harbour.

Stores are open, and food delivery available, in most of SA – but parts of KZN and GP hard hit
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/w...od-delivery-services-affected-by-riots-2021-7
  • Some food delivery services have shut down across South Africa, and some chains have closed stores in the Western Cape and Free State.
  • But retail food disruptions are largely contained within KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng – where they are severe for some communities.
  • Distribution centres and large warehouses across most of the country are intact, but the ability to move on highways, and the availability of diesel, is worrying some logistics operators.
Makro, which saw some of its stores specifically targeted, said it was closing all of its stores, nationally, for at least the duration of Tuesday. Its sibling chain Game warned that "delivery to some areas may be delayed".

The Shoprite group, including Checkers and USave, said "several" of its stores in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng were unable to trade.

Woolworths said its delivery services had been halted entirely in KwaZulu-Natal, but that online service was available in Gauteng, albeit with "varying degrees of service disruptions and delays due to staff shortages, transport issues as well as supply chain disruptions which will impact stock availability". In the Western Cape it was seeing disruptions due to a taxi strike, it said.

Pick n Pay said online shopping was available where its stores had not been disrupted; a number of outlets had been closed. "There has also been some disruption to deliveries in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng," it said, but in areas without public violence, trading was continuing.

The Quench third-party delivery app, which offers Woolworths shopping, on Tuesday said it had halted service in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng.

The Zulzi third-party app, which offers deliveries from Pick n Pay, Woolworths, and others, on Monday said it would halt operations until it was safe to resume.

Clicks said it had closed all stores in KwaZulu-Natal again, and another 130 stores in Gauteng. It's regularly-updated list of affected stores also showed some impact in the Free State and Western Cape.

This article is updated as new information becomes available, but the security situation is developing rapidly for many retailers."

SA airlines clipped by lockdown – here’s who's still flying
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/airlines-still-flying-in-south-africa-during-lockdown-2021-7
13 July 2021
  • LIFT, Kulula, and British Airways won't operate in July.
  • Mango, FlySafair, Cemair, and Airlink are still in the sky.

Kulula and British Airways won’t fly in South Africa before September
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/k...south-africa-cancelled-until-september-2021-7
13 July 2021

• Comair, operator of Kulula and British Airways in South Africa, has extended the suspension of all its flights until 31 August.

Received a call from Magic Clouds in DBN apologizing for the delay in delivery ,I said keep the parcel till [when/if] this crap blows over .Appreciate their concern.:)

Rather stay at home @Rob Fisher. If they decide to attack the suburbs you don't stand a chance against them.
17hoo :Spoke to some friends near affected areas , they banded together and are patrolling and protecting their interests , GOOD JOB , we worked hard for what we have ,Our W/A group is on high alert since Saturday and we will jump in if needed - CAP ,our security firm is very visible and vigilant. At the SAPS offices in Norwood the vans are lined up and ready for action .:cop1:
Watched some vid's and fascinating , half of the ''hungry'' mob is unmasked ... I see stats rising.

17hoo :Spoke to some friends near affected areas , they banded together and are patrolling and protecting their interests , GOOD JOB , we worked hard for what we have ,Our W/A group is on high alert since Saturday and we will jump in if needed - CAP ,our security firm is very visible and vigilant. At the SAPS offices in Norwood the vans are lined up and ready for action .:cop1:
Watched some vid's and fascinating , half of the ''hungry'' mob is unmasked ... I see stats rising.
I am probably going to get flamed for this, but let the stats rise... they deserve it.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

@AKS my goed, is my goed.

Last edited:

Not sure that link works but this is what they did to Watercrest Centre in Waterfall in KZN. Not 500m from my house.

Been on watch at the Winston Park lookout spot which overlooks Westmead and all the warehouses and all night long the cars have been arriving... loading up and leaving... I can't believe what is happening and not a cop or soldier in sight! They have also lit fires all along the road to keep warm while they loot!

Been on watch at the Winston Park lookout spot which overlooks Westmead and all the warehouses and all night long the cars have been arriving... loading up and leaving... I can't believe what is happening and not a cop or soldier in sight! They have also lit fires all along the road to keep warm while they loot!
These last few days have been frightening @Rob Fisher

it’s almost surreal!

It's strange how all the journalists know exactly where they are looting to the point where they film them on live tv. And yet the police with all their "intelligence" are nowhere to be found.

It's strange how all the journalists know exactly where they are looting to the point where they film them on live tv. And yet the police with all their "intelligence" are nowhere to be found.
The police are spread so thin over the provinces. There’s just so much going and especially in KZN it is absolutely everywhere!

Xmas in July for the looters. It really is unbelievable.

Back