Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It may have been to ward off reaction to my posting an article.

I think it should go without saying that I did not do so in order to stir the pot. I have more than enough issues to deal with in daily life.

If I crossed a line, I apologise.

You shared a news article bud, you did not hold a gun to someone head and made them read and agree with it. Honestly, the response is absurd, no need to apologize for any rational reason.

It may have been to ward off reaction to my posting an article.

I think it should go without saying that I did not do so in order to stir the pot. I have more than enough issues to deal with in daily life.

If I crossed a line, I apologise.

Oh OK, I missed that. [And I'm allowed this reply, because it's more than one word :-D]

EDIT: But now my curiosity is getting the better of me. If you still have the link to the artice which has caused Admin to throw their toys out of the cot, could you PM me please?

Last edited:
Oh OK, I missed that. [And I'm allowed this reply, because it's more than one word :-D]

EDIT: But now my curiosity is getting the better of me. If you still have the link to the artice which has caused Admin to throw their toys out of the cot, could you PM me please?

It's still up there, the one you agreed with earlier. I guess it could be seen as a criticism of religious views.

FINALLY GOT MY MICROCHIP INSTALLED!!!!!

Usually dischem finds a way to annoy me, in this case they didn't! Hail my new Pfizer overlords.

FINALLY GOT MY MICROCHIP INSTALLED!!!!!

Usually dischem finds a way to annoy me, in this case they didn't! Hail my new Pfizer overlords.
Had my share of Dischem annoyance today. Tried to order meds through their app.

I hope they know how to do jabs because they have now clue how their own app works. The one I spoke to didn't even know they have an app.

I shall miss this thread and all 282 pages of hopes, fears, laughs and tears.

Had my share of Dischem annoyance today. Tried to order meds through their app.

I hope they know how to do jabs because they have now clue how their own app works. The one I spoke to didn't even know they have an app.

I hate dischem usually, like with a passion, I actively avoid them at any cost. From the people who bumble their way through the store, to the staff never knowing wtf is going on, I was lucky I got the same nurse as my dad dide, and the guy was like a magician, light and direct finger work, I almost thought I didn't get a vaccine it was so soft...I only know that I did get one, because right now my immune system is already mounting a response, and I don't like it.

It's still up there, the one you agreed with earlier. I guess it could be seen as a criticism of religious views.

Oh that one!? So??? If someone doesn't like it or agree with it, that's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions - or so I thought.

I’m opening this thread dedicated to COVID-19 issues: stats, pertinent health matters around the pandemic and to keep fellow forumites well informed.

I like the ambiguity in the title - "matters" can be either a noun or a verb. Well done!

This changes everything…. It’s far, very far from being over.

CDC shares 'pivotal discovery' on Covid-19 breakthrough infections that led to new mask guidance

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/health/breakthrough-infection-masks-cdc-provincetown-study/index.html

This is the source document

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e2.htm

Summary
What is already known about this topic?

Variants of SARS-CoV-2 continue to emerge. The B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant is highly transmissible.

What is added by this report?

In July 2021, following multiple large public events in a Barnstable County, Massachusetts, town, 469 COVID-19 cases were identified among Massachusetts residents who had traveled to the town during July 3–17; 346 (74%) occurred in fully vaccinated persons. Testing identified the Delta variant in 90% of specimens from 133 patients. Cycle threshold values were similar among specimens from patients who were fully vaccinated and those who were not.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Jurisdictions might consider expanded prevention strategies, including universal masking in indoor public settings, particularly for large public gatherings that include travelers from many areas with differing levels of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.

This changes everything…. It’s far, very far from being over.

CDC shares 'pivotal discovery' on Covid-19 breakthrough infections that led to new mask guidance

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/health/breakthrough-infection-masks-cdc-provincetown-study/index.html

This is the source document

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e2.htm

Summary
What is already known about this topic?

Variants of SARS-CoV-2 continue to emerge. The B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant is highly transmissible.

What is added by this report?

In July 2021, following multiple large public events in a Barnstable County, Massachusetts, town, 469 COVID-19 cases were identified among Massachusetts residents who had traveled to the town during July 3–17; 346 (74%) occurred in fully vaccinated persons. Testing identified the Delta variant in 90% of specimens from 133 patients. Cycle threshold values were similar among specimens from patients who were fully vaccinated and those who were not.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Jurisdictions might consider expanded prevention strategies, including universal masking in indoor public settings, particularly for large public gatherings that include travelers from many areas with differing levels of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.

Some more info on the subject. And some strong words in the article.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/be-angry-but-do-it-with-a-mask-on

This is interesting. I would hazard a guess that it’s because men are less likely to test or go to the doctor unless really sick (yes, ladies, we’re not all that bright). It would be interesting to see how death rates male/female compare against this table - if my guess is right, male death rates would be proportionately higher.

Thoughts or observations, @Grand Guru?

This is interesting. I would hazard a guess that it’s because men are less likely to test or go to the doctor unless really sick (yes, ladies, we’re not all that bright). It would be interesting to see how death rates male/female compare against this table - if my guess is right, male death rates would be proportionately higher.

Thoughts or observations, @Grand Guru?
Your observation is spot on about testing. I need to check the stats about deaths though!

@Grand Guru and @Adephi or anyone else on the forum

where can I find a reliable new case chart for Gauteng province ?
I want to see how many new cases we have currently and whether we have declined to where we were before the 3rd wave started.

can anyone help out?

@Grand Guru and @Adephi or anyone else on the forum

where can I find a reliable new case chart for Gauteng province ?
I want to see how many new cases we have currently and whether we have declined to where we were before the 3rd wave started.

can anyone help out?
upload_2021-7-30_22-50-32.png
I hope it’s helps. You can check the nicd website for more info

Back