Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My dad would have been reported on the Thursday stats ,as he passed on the night of the 18th in hospital … it’s very sad as we could not see he’s body in a coffin , the hospital refused us to see my dad whenever we wanted to etc … it’s just really sad ;(
I’m so sorry for your loss dude.

Not Covid related, but definitely another 2021 surprise.

My mother in law died of late diagnosed cancer in early May. Three weeks later, my father in law contracted Covid. He got through it without becoming particularly ill, but it seemed like long Covid as he was poorly for several weeks after that. When it didn’t clear he went for further check ups.

To cut a long story short, a formal diagnosis of pancreatic cancer was returned last Friday. He died early this afternoon.

I didn’t think, on the first of January this year, that I’d be looking back at 2020 with a faint sense of nostalgia.

Stay safe, everyone.
Condolences to you and your family @DavyH

My sincere condolences to you and your family @Yuvir Punwasi. What is happening is adding insult to the injury. I honestly do not understand neither agree with these policies but it is what it is…

My dad would have been reported on the Thursday stats ,as he passed on the night of the 18th in hospital … it’s very sad as we could not see he’s body in a coffin , the hospital refused us to see my dad whenever we wanted to etc … it’s just really sad ;(
Such sad news @Yuvir Punwasi ,condolences to you and your loved ones.

My mother in law died of late diagnosed cancer in early May. Three weeks later, my father in law contracted Covid. He got through it without becoming particularly ill, but it seemed like long Covid as he was poorly for several weeks after that. When it didn’t clear he went for further check ups.

To cut a long story short, a formal diagnosis of pancreatic cancer was returned last Friday. He died early this afternoon.

I didn’t think, on the first of January this year, that I’d be looking back at 2020 with a faint sense of nostalgia.

Stay safe, everyone.
So sorry for your loss @DavyH
It’s heartbreaking news.
Condolences to you and family.

oh my gosh @Yuvir Punwasi , so sorry to hear
Wishing you and your family strength at this time

So sorry, friend. These are terrible times.

Condolences to you and your loved ones.

So sorry to hear that.
That is heart breaking.
Condolences to all of you

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

So sorry, friend. These are terrible times.

Condolences to you and your loved ones.
Condolences to you my Friendo … it’s definitely very sad times we live in … whenever we called the hospital we were always told my dad was stable until the doctor called my mum giving her the bad news … I don’t wish this upon anyone’s family … a trend is more people pass away in hospital, those at home fight the virus and recover

My condolensces to @Yuvir Punwasi.

Wishing you and your family strength in this time of sadness.
It is never easy losing a loved one, especially ones father.
They say that time heals all, it doesn't, all time does is help us not cry when we remember our loved ones.
May God give you and your family strength in this time time of need!

Stay safe, everyone.

So sorry to hear Davy, you have my condolences.

So sorry Yuvir, and I am sure the sense of loss is only made deeper by your experience. Strength to you and family.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/i...-rate-is-rising-despite-vaccine-uptake-2021-8

Israel has one of the world's highest daily Covid-19 infection rates, despite high vaccine uptake

The auntie-vaxxers are going crazy over this.

A previous article I shared partially explain this perfectly.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/israel-50-of-infected-are-vaccinated

1.png

There's also other factors. Like the fact that the 2 pfizer jabs was administered too close to each other.

Also, vaccine effectiveness does go down after a while. Therefore the booster shots. I think for Hep B its a total of 3-4 shots we had to take to keep the antibodies above the correct level long term. That's also nothing new.

The auntie-vaxxers are going crazy over this.

A previous article I shared partially explain this perfectly.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/israel-50-of-infected-are-vaccinated

View attachment 237535

There's also other factors. Like the fact that the 2 pfizer jabs was administered too close to each other.

Also, vaccine effectiveness does go down after a while. Therefore the booster shots. I think for Hep B its a total of 3-4 shots we had to take to keep the antibodies above the correct level long term. That's also nothing new.
Agree. At least 1 booster shot will be necessary and may be more if a different virulent strain appears

There goes another excuse

FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty (koe-mir’-na-tee), for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older. The vaccine also continues to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA), including for individuals 12 through 15 years of age and for the administration of a third dose in certain immunocompromised individuals.

Here's a rundown of what the FDA approval means. A lot of info in the link. That excuse of it's not tested properly cannot fly anymore.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/full-fda-approval-what-will-this?justPublished=true

This is the first mRNA vaccine to be fully approved. And it’s been a long scientific road to get here. The work began in 1961, when mRNA was first identified as an integral part of our human body.

Then, in the 1990’s, Dr. Katalin Karikó, a Hungarian-born scientist, discovered that mRNA could possibly be used for vaccines. For decades she had convince people to fund her research, which was more than difficult. But her perseverance, leadership, and collaborative spirit prevailed and research resulted in the COVID19 Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine we are using today. (Read more about this story here; it’s fascinating. I hope she’s celebrating with a glass or five of wine).

Before the pandemic, there were (and currently are) many clinical trials testing the applicability of new class of treatments for cystic fibrosis, heart disease, genetic conditions, cancers, diabetes, the flu, and even seasonal allergies. It’s not an understatement to say that mRNA biotechnology will be a game changer for the human race.

FB_IMG_1629756591527.jpg

There goes another excuse

FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty (koe-mir’-na-tee), for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older. The vaccine also continues to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA), including for individuals 12 through 15 years of age and for the administration of a third dose in certain immunocompromised individuals.
Oops.

Don’t worry, pro-plaguers, ‘tHe VaCcInE aPpRoVaL wAs RuShEd ThRoUgH’ shall be your next rallying call.

Back