Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-france-over-vaccination-minister-2021-09-16/
"Hospitals, care homes and health centres have suspended around 3,000 workers across France for failing to comply with mandatory COVID vaccination, the government said on Thursday, as countries around Europe weigh how far to go to combat the pandemic."

I fail to see why there's resistance to being vaccinated, it's far from a new ruling. As I understand it ... medical personnel, people who want to travel overseas, or even those who wish to attend public schools in SA, had to be vaccinated prior Covid anyway.

Gosh, I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to be in a forum that does not have hundreds of conspiracy theorists :)

Told ya guys - the tracker's battery is /was flat , 12 hour painful implant site and then ...still likes beer:borra2: , bikes ,etc -maybe the ''robot'' mode will kick in a year later , but wow ! Look I've got a new:car: travel pass !!

Told ya guys - the tracker's battery is /was flat , 12 hour painful implant site and then ...still likes beer:borra2: , bikes ,etc -maybe the ''robot'' mode will kick in a year later , but wow ! Look I've got a new:car: travel pass !!

I think your 5G tracker is working perfectly ;) only that, true to form, our country's systems are offline, and will remain dysfunctional whilst the current government is in power, (which according to zoom-zoom, is until the return of the Messiah).

Loads of info and graphs in the link for the JnJ guys.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/j-and-j-folks-this-is-what-we-know

Pre-Delta

Before Delta, J&J was doing fantastic. In the U.S. clinical trials, there was a 72% efficacy rate against infection. There was a 100% efficacy against hospitalization and death. In the real world, we saw an effectiveness of 76.7%. And, they seemed to hold up against previous variants (although we are still a bit worried about Beta).

Delta Infection

Then Delta came. We needed to quickly assess how well our vaccines (including J&J) were working. But, the U.S. doesn’t have the public health infrastructure to watch this in real time. We are reliant on other countries, like the UK and Israel, that do have these systems in place. Unfortunately, these countries don’t use J&J. So we were/are flying blind.

On July 2, J&J announced that their one dose regimen worked against Delta. Scientists took blood samples from 8 of their clinical trial participants. Then, in petri dishes, they infected the blood with Delta. (I reviewed the study in detail before here).

• There was a 1.6-fold decrease in neutralizing antibodies. This is a very little decrease, which is great news. This means that the vaccine could still protect against Delta.
The problem was this is only 8 people. And this was a petri dish study. How did the vaccine work in the “real world”?

Delta Hospitalization

South Africa answered this question on August 7 when Glenda Gray, the president of the South African Medical Research Council and co-leader of the trial in a YouTube broadcast. There were 477,234 vaccinated healthcare workers who received the J&J vaccine in South Africa. Scientists looked at how the vaccine was holding up against Delta. What did they find?

• 91-96% protection against death

• 71% protection against hospitalization
In the United States, we got a great look on Friday (September 17). The CDC published a study that assessed vaccine effectiveness across all three vaccines. They analyzed data from 3,689 hospitalized adults at 21 hospitals across 18 states during March-August 2021. Immunocompromised patients were excluded. What did they find?

• J&J effectiveness against hospitalization was 71% (Moderna was 93% and Pfizer was 88%)

• Over time, there was a small decrease in protection against hospitalization (68% vaccine effectiveness). But the math told us that this wasn’t different than 71%.

• J&J folks also had significantly lower number of antibody levels compared to mRNA folks. Unfortunately, we don’t know what a “good” antibody level is; we just know that sometimes lower numbers means not as protected.
Unfortunately, the number of J&J people in this study is very small (only 113 hospitalizations). So, we couldn’t accurately examine how vaccine effectiveness differed across risk factors (like age, comorbidities, etc.).

Ah , but how do you know, maybe we are underground and you are not one of us. This is of course a "theory"

I doubt it, by now you would have shared an "irrefutable" video on why you are right and the government is controlling your ability to by icecream :giggle::giggle::giggle:

I doubt it, by now you would have shared an "irrefutable" video on why you are right and the government is controlling your ability to by icecream :giggle::giggle::giggle:

The forum has got an excellent "ignore" feature. Makes things peacefull.

Back