Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly I think it is all BS, smoke and mirrors anyway. I think there is a movement amongst the great unwashed that will jump on any opportunity to stick it to the fat cats.

Where did you get your sense of humor :giggle: ... I am so stealing the "great unwashed"

I do agree ... there are devious plans within devious plans within said unwashed's ranks, and certainly no long term insight as to their actions, but hey ... what do I know :rolleyes:

Where do I get my sense of humour?

Let me explain, I get it from you lot, ... it is called observational comedy, and man oh man are you lot ripe for the picking :dancer2:

Vrot is the word you are looking for .....

You just have to love languages. Vrot means rotten ,,, so what does vrot rotten mean

Last edited:
South Africa moved to “adjusted” level 1:

Curfew 12pm - 4am
Gatherings - 750 indoors, 2000 outdoors. 50% capacity of a venue
Funerals - 100 people. No after tears
Bottle stores - Normal licences
Vaccinate!

Just for fun, tonight I am going to go out of my gate at 12:05, drink a whiskey in the street and take a piss on my own wall. I may even consider painting half my face blue and run around shouting "Freedom freedom."

So today Merck, who produce Ivermectin and clearly states it is not to be used for Covid, announced they submitted an antiviral for Covid to the FDA for approval. Yet it's only 50% effective against hospitalisation.

Now without being cynical, lets assume it's safe for humans. Will this be used instead of IVM by the horse worm people? Will have to wait and see.

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-an...to-placebo-for-patients-with-mild-or-moderat/

So today Merck, who produce Ivermectin and clearly states it is not to be used for Covid, announced they submitted an antiviral for Covid to the FDA for approval. Yet it's only 50% effective against hospitalisation.

Now without being cynical, lets assume it's safe for humans. Will this be used instead of IVM by the horse worm people? Will have to wait and see.

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-an...to-placebo-for-patients-with-mild-or-moderat/

I'm sorry ... this is funny ... 50% effective? really ... flipping a coin is 50% effective on getting heads and 50% effective on tails

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/20/ivermectin-shortage-horse-owners-covid

I'm sorry ... this is funny ... 50% effective? really ... flipping a coin is 50% effective on getting heads and 50% effective on tails

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/20/ivermectin-shortage-horse-owners-covid

For antivirals and vaccines to be considered for approval they only need 30% effectivity. The Malaria vaccine for example is only 40% effective, and that's considered as a breakthrough.

The thing about antivirals, they make you sick. Knowing people that has been on anti-retrovirals and tammy flu, the cure made them far more sicker than the disease.

I either had bad flu or covid last week. Things do not add up though, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday I was at home, Thursday I had a farewell and boom Friday I was sick. If it was covid, I have had worse flu than this, namely Oppi Koppi Flu.\

I did get vaccinated.

You got vaccinated, and it worked!
But if you take into account there is a prevention available for free that gives over 95% protection, it doesnt really make sense to go this route.

It makes sense as an additional prophylaxis to people who are high risk, or people who have caught it and their own immune response isnt great. Vaccine is only one level of protection. It's the same with sex workers or people in HIV positive relationships using PREP, they should use condoms, occasionally they don't or condoms fail, it's just another level.

So a pill for the average person to take day to day, especially with any side effects, yeah doesn't make sense I know people who use Acyclovir for very bad break outs on their mouths and few enjoy the reaction.

The vaccines advertized effectiveness rate is specifically for mortality prevention so an antiviral which would reduce the hospitalization rate by half is more than welcome as it'll obviously reduce mortality and much better, it'll relieve an already overwhelmed Healthcare system. It's a winner!

The vaccines advertized effectiveness rate is specifically for mortality prevention so an antiviral which would reduce the hospitalization rate by half is more than welcome as it'll obviously reduce mortality and much better, it'll relieve an already overwhelmed Healthcare system. It's a winner!

Absolutely. Anything is a win at this stage. I believe Pfizer is also announcing an antiviral for Covid soon.

My point is just that the auntie-waxxers should be carefull to use this as an excuse not to get jabbed. Because the treatments are not pleasant.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Anything is a win at this stage. I believe Pfizer is also announcing an antiviral for Covid soon.

My point is just that the auntie-waxxers should be carefull to use this as an excuse not to get jabbed. Because thentreatments are not pleasant.
Sorry, I missed your point on the first post.

048250c7082f605af706dd06057076754d885b82a568ef7ead3ce6549b47113c_1.jpg

Back