Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Network issue. Please try again later

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

I first got a network error and then it couldn't find my info. I'll give it a few days for the teething issues. Not in desperate need for it right now.

Network issue. Please try again later

I first got a network error and then it couldn't find my info. I'll give it a few days for the teething issues. Not in desperate need for it right now.

It doesn't work on firefox or chrome, I think its to do with security settings, I don't use Edge for anything so no extensions on there and it worked perfect, got my cert and QR code.

@SAVaper I got my certificate on my iPad before posting the link. It works but the server was probably flooded with requests this afternoon

Last edited:
It doesn't work on firefox or chrome, I think its to do with security settings, I don't use Edge for anything so no extensions on there and it worked perfect, got my cert and QR code.
Thanks.
Will try that today

Typical South Africa .....network issues try later :mad:

It expires in Jan, so unless you need it right now, I wouldn't worry too much, apparently there's phase II and phase III coming or some weird thing and these will be replaced. No idea WTF the government is doing.

''Update – System still being tested
Editor-in-chief at the Bhekisisa Centre for Health Journalism, Mia Malan, said the site was not officially live yet, but is currently being tested.

Users may therefore experience intermittent issues when trying to use the site.''

''Update – System still being tested
Editor-in-chief at the Bhekisisa Centre for Health Journalism, Mia Malan, said the site was not officially live yet, but is currently being tested.

Users may therefore experience intermittent issues when trying to use the site.''

Translation: Users SHALL therefore experience CONTINUOUS issues when trying to use the site.

And the statistics grow. My Mother in Law passed away this morning, complications stemming from her Covid earlier this year. This disease really is a crafty SOB, the long-term impact is much greater than most people realize or will acknowledge. Please guys, stay safe out there. I would rather greet you in a mask at the next event, and sit 2 meters apart, than never seeing you again at all.

So sorry to hear this @Dela Rey Steyn , sending you and your family strength in this difficult time

Scientists didn’t sign off on shorter curfew, crowd counts, newly released memo shows
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/m...at-11pm-change-crowd-count-memo-shows-2021-10
7 Oct. 2021
  • The move to Alert Level 1 moved curfew back an hour, to midnight. But that's not what scientists advised government to do.
  • The Ministerial Advisory Committee recommended keeping curfew at 23:00, a memo released on Wednesday shows.
  • The group also recommended dropping crowd counts, in favour of allowing any indoor or outdoor venue to be filled to 50% capacity.
  • That too was not heeded.

Here's what you need to do if you've lost your vaccine card or EVDS number
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/how-to-get-a-new-vaccine-card-and-evds-number-2021-10
6 Oct. 2021
  • If you've lost the SMS containing the EVDS code, the department recommends calling the Covid-19 hotline.
  • If you've lost your vaccine card, you'll need to revisit the vaccination site with your identity document.
:-D The vaccination site here was the community hall, which is vacant unless a market is being held there.

Translation: Users SHALL therefore experience CONTINUOUS issues when trying to use the site.
Yay me! ... I got mine at 4AM this morning ... the system probably only allows for one concurrent user, and was beaten in the wee hours, whilst most were in la-la land :)

FNB may give you R3 million – or more – if you have a vaccine shot before end October
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/f...for-vaccinated-customers-how-it-works-2021-10
7 Oct. 2021
  • At the end of October, First National Bank will give one vaccinated customer at least R3 million, and possibly as much as R6 million.
  • It will do the same thing again in November and December.
  • To qualify, customers (in good standing) need only confirm they have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine.
At one minute before midnight on 31 October, entries to a First National Bank prize draw will close. A couple of days later the bank is due to contact the first of three of its customers to win a minimum of R3 million, or as much as R6 million.

To enter, you just need to have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine by the time that draw closes, then tell FNB as much via its mobile app...

The competition will run again in November and December, with the last entries for the last draw closing just before the end of 2021.

Customers must be in good standing with the bank, with no outstanding debt or overdrawn accounts, and must have a valid South African ID.

They must also register, via the FNB app, on the bank's "nav>> Welness" section. That requires telling the bank their height and weight, and indicating if they are interested in activities such as hiking or swimming, in order to create a wellness profile. They can then access a "vaccine status" option.

That has a simple declaration: "I confirm that I have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine".

No details of the vaccine received, or proof, is required. According to the competition terms and conditions, proof will only be required from the winner.

Each of the three monthly draw winners will receive R3 million in cash. If they are 60 or older, they get another R1 million. And if they hold a life policy with FNB Life, "we will pay out an additional amount of maximum R2 million."

any stats on how our vaccination program is plodding along?

this one?

07-oct-map.jpg

Back