Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nando’s offers R500,000 worth of chicken to the best-performing election day vaccination teams
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/free-nandos-chicken-for-vaccine-workers-on-election-day-2021-10
29 Oct. 2021
  • Pop-up vaccination sites will be deployed at 1,000 voting centres on 1 November, when South Africans vote in the municipal elections.
  • Healthcare workers operating these sites have a chance to be rewarded for their efforts.
  • Nando’s is offering R500,000 worth of vouchers to the vaccination teams which manage to administer the most jabs on election day.
  • A thousand vouchers, worth R500 each, will be awarded to each member of the 15 best-performing teams in each province.

All you need to know about Covid vaccine for kids: Lower dose, fewer side effects, same benefit
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/what-to-know-covid-vaccine-kids-5-to-11-2021-10
28 Oct. 2021
  • Kids aged 5 to 11 are on the cusp of being eligible for Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine, following a vote from the FDA's advisory panel.
  • Children will get 10-microgram shots - one-third of the dose given to adults and teens.
  • Paediatricians will be heavily involved in giving the vaccines to kids.

Covid-19 deaths pass five million worldwide
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-59119731
1 Nov. 2021

"... Nearly 250 million cases of the virus have been recorded worldwide.

The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates the pandemic's real global death toll could be two to three times higher than official records..."

The number of new cases has never gone down so much since April last year… if Russia wasn’t going through a stormy 5th wave and the numbers in Europe weren’t on the rise I would have hoped this was the end…. Hopefully soon enough.

upload_2021-11-2_20-21-16.png

The number of new cases has never gone down so much since April last year… if Russia wasn’t going through a stormy 5th wave and the numbers in Europe weren’t on the rise I would have hoped this was the end…. Hopefully soon enough.

View attachment 243064
The numbers are looking excellent at the moment.

maybe just maybe the jabs (apologies tinfoil hat brigade) are making a difference as well? #justsaying

maybe just maybe the jabs (apologies tinfoil hat brigade) are making a difference as well? #justsaying

Day to day fluctuations in the New Cases from the 3rd of June 2021 to the 2nd of November 2021

upload_2021-11-2_21-10-39.png

The vaccination campaign is certainly making a difference in the number of admissions and deaths from what I saw in our hospitals in Bloem but, the new cases shouldn’t be affected much as we’re far below targets. I follow what is happening overseas almost on daily basis and I translate it to the local context. We’re far from being done… next wave in 4 to 6 weeks.

If our vax rate was 60-70% and up I would say we would be safe. But unfortunately we live in the real world filled with idiots.

Vaccination needs to be compulsory AND it must be compulsory to show proof of vaccination before being allowed to enter shops, shopping malls, bars and restaurants. In addition, the consequences of allowing unvaccinated people into these establishments must be dire e.g. your business will be closed down. Just as it was with the alcohol ban.

You can now buy mandatory vaccine certificates for SA – more than 100 years old
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/lockdown-diaries-covid-19-matters.t65839/page-308
3 Nov. 2021

Vacc Certificate.jpeg

• Vaccine certificates existed long before the Covid-19 pandemic.
  • In response to South Africa’s smallpox pandemic more than 100 years ago, children had to be vaccinated within six months after birth.
  • Once the jab had been administered, a “medical certificate of successful vaccination” would be issued.
  • Four of these certificates, issued as part of the Free State’s Vaccine Ordinance of 1903, are now on auction.

Covid: US fully approves Pfizer vaccine for children over five
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59044853
3 Nov. 2021

"The US has approved the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for children aged five to 11, clearing the way for millions of young Americans to get vaccinated...

FDA officials determined that the vaccine was around 91% effective in preventing Covid in young children, and that their immune response was comparable to that seen in people aged 16 to 25. No serious side effects were found by researchers.

Children aged five to 11 are given a jab with a third of the dosage given to adults, creating a new logistical challenge for drug suppliers and doctors. Smaller needles are also used and second jab is required three weeks after the first..."

Vaccination needs to be compulsory AND it must be compulsory to show proof of vaccination before being allowed to enter shops, shopping malls, bars and restaurants. In addition, the consequences of allowing unvaccinated people into these establishments must be dire e.g. your business will be closed down. Just as it was with the alcohol ban.
we went to the the shops the other day and I had to laugh because inside the one restaurant is a big banner saying please wear your mask to protect us and sitting next to it was a customer with her mask off eating her lunch. Its insane.

Back