Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our govt. is not as stupid as we sometimes think. In lifting the curfew at the last moment, they prevented big, organised events. Well done SA!

I know the numbers are creeping up again but the positivity rate is going down so that’s a good sign at least.
The US scored more than a million new cases in one single day yesterday. The truth is that our testing capabilities are a joke… there is no where numbers go steadily up during weekdays and go down during the weekends and people are neither f@king willing to test nor to take the jab. We have most likely achieved here immunity against the virus and unless it mutates to a more virulent form we are almost done with this pandemic….

https://www.medicalbrief.co.za/france-detects-new-variant-in-traveller-from-cameroon/

France detects new variant in traveller from Cameroon

Tests show the strain carries the N501Y mutation — first seen on the Alpha variant — that experts believe can make it more transmissible

According to the scientists, it also carries the E484K mutation, which could mean that the IHU variant will be more resistant to vaccines.

Now see how the US and UK will NOT impose travel restrictions.

The US scored more than a million new cases in one single day yesterday. The truth is that our testing capabilities are a joke… there is no where numbers go steadily up during weekdays and go down during the weekends and people are neither f@king willing to test nor to take the jab. We have most likely achieved here immunity against the virus and unless it mutates to a more virulent form we are almost done with this pandemic….

Isn't this the problem tho'? or ... is there something more sinister afoot :rolleyes:

Isn't this the problem tho'? or ... is there something more sinister afoot :rolleyes:
If I take the 1918's and previous pandemics as reference, we must count 4 years on average for the pandemic to come to a "natural" end with or without any public Healthcare interventions.... so everything is still possible

If I take the 1918's and previous pandemics as reference, we must count 4 years on average for the pandemic to come to a "natural" end with or without any public Healthcare interventions.... so everything is still possible

In November I made the statement / asked the question on this thread;
"...If I look at the graphs in this thread, the period between waves seem to be shortening, and the infection intensity increasing with each wave, however the mortality rates seem to be dropping ... Is this the natural order / life cycle of viruses? or am I misreading the information presented?"

I asked, as it seemed, (and still seems to me), that we we're following fairly "normal" outbreak curves, meaning we should now be on the tail end, where homeostasis has prevailed, and the virus has "calmed itself down" to ensure it's longevity, (which includes it's hosts / our survival), also;
My reading of the research materials available show a growing peak on four waves, (not necessarily four years), before it tapers out into a seasonal event, which is where we seemingly find ourselves status quo ... meaning Covid may well have evolved into another flu, to which our current? one is remnants of the 1918 H1N1 outbreak.

I agree that anything is possible, particularly so with some individuals in positions of power capitalising on the event(s), and at this stage it's all supposition until it's done, and then moves to the domain of fact. But if nothing else, it keeps the grey matter alive, and provides some hope for an end to this sh##.

Keep up the good work :)

In November I made the statement / asked the question on this thread;
"...If I look at the graphs in this thread, the period between waves seem to be shortening, and the infection intensity increasing with each wave, however the mortality rates seem to be dropping ... Is this the natural order / life cycle of viruses? or am I misreading the information presented?"

I asked, as it seemed, (and still seems to me), that we we're following fairly "normal" outbreak curves, meaning we should now be on the tail end, where homeostasis has prevailed, and the virus has "calmed itself down" to ensure it's longevity, (which includes it's hosts / our survival), also;
My reading of the research materials available show a growing peak on four waves, (not necessarily four years), before it tapers out into a seasonal event, which is where we seemingly find ourselves status quo ... meaning Covid may well have evolved into another flu, to which our current? one is remnants of the 1918 H1N1 outbreak.

I agree that anything is possible, particularly so with some individuals in positions of power capitalising on the event(s), and at this stage it's all supposition until it's done, and then moves to the domain of fact. But if nothing else, it keeps the grey matter alive, and provides some hope for an end to this sh##.

Keep up the good work :)
To put it in simple words, the evolution is unpredictable because it depends on mutations that appear in a random way. What we hope for though is a mutation with less virulence and more transmissibility so that most of people get it without causing a high death toll and that’s where we’re at now with the Omicron…

Back