Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WATCH: TikTok goes viral after boyfriend mistakes pregnancy test for COVID test

4 March 2022

WATCH: TikTok goes viral after boyfriend mistakes pregnancy test for COVID test

4 March 2022
F Tik Tok.

Regards

SA has enough vaccines in stock to reach herd immunity – but risks discarding 100,000 doses​

4 March 2022
  • South Africa has more than 20 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine in stock.
  • That’s enough to reach the country’s target of vaccinating 40 million people.
  • But 100,000 doses, expiring at the end of March, may need to be discarded due to low uptake.
  • If uptake doesn’t increase, South Africa could be forced to dump many more doses.
  • To stop these losses, government is working on a vaccine "exchange programme".
"... the South African government is working on a plan to reduce wastage, by opting into an "exchange programme" with COVAX, the World Health Organisation and other partners on the African continent. This programme would allow vaccine doses nearing expiry to be swapped out to countries with an urgent need for vaccines. In turn, these doses would be replenished, through the programme, in South Africa when the need arises.

"There can be some kind of an exchange of vaccine doses through these various platforms," said Phaahla.

"So that if two or three months ahead of time we see that a certain number of doses may not be totally utilised, we reach an agreement with the partners, with a faster uptake, so that they can take our doses and then, at the time when we are ready for return of those doses, then we can get a return."

Covid Update:

It sucks! I am over most of the heavy symptoms, still got what feels like a slight head-cold. Mild headaches comes and goes by itself now. Head still feels fuzzy.

But... and this is a super serious huge suckass of a but... nothing of this compares to the fact that I can't taste sh!t!

I tried the Vertex tonight with some Taviro in it, looked forward to a hint of something. Nope... not a thing. I can't even feel the vapor go in or go out, completely desensitized. Food, drink, snacks, vape.... Nothing. Everything tastes like cereal boxes. Not coffee, not green tea and honey, nothing. Sweet things tend to be overly sweet to the point of making me want to throw up (excluding Beacon Marshmallow easter eggs, they seem to go down just fine). Savory things are just salty without flavor.

Now this is early days, been about a week since it hit me like a brick in the face. So hopefully the taste and sensation returns in time.

So for now I am packing my vape gear away and will be cleaning out tanks on the weekend and keeping it all out of reach as to not tempt me to the point of zero enjoyment.

If this is the end of vaping for me it would be such a crap way to go..... but I wont give up just yet, might just be ghosting for a week or two to see if it all settles down. Holding thumbs that it returns to normal.

Catch you all on the flip side!! And for the love of tea and biscuits and by the graces of the old and the new gods, please stay healthy and avoid Covid as much as you can!

(PS: I have insta-regret for not getting vaxxed in December when I had the chance... )

Covid Update:

It sucks! I am over most of the heavy symptoms, still got what feels like a slight head-cold. Mild headaches comes and goes by itself now. Head still feels fuzzy.

But... and this is a super serious huge suckass of a but... nothing of this compares to the fact that I can't taste sh!t!

I tried the Vertex tonight with some Taviro in it, looked forward to a hint of something. Nope... not a thing. I can't even feel the vapor go in or go out, completely desensitized. Food, drink, snacks, vape.... Nothing. Everything tastes like cereal boxes. Not coffee, not green tea and honey, nothing. Sweet things tend to be overly sweet to the point of making me want to throw up (excluding Beacon Marshmallow easter eggs, they seem to go down just fine). Savory things are just salty without flavor.

Now this is early days, been about a week since it hit me like a brick in the face. So hopefully the taste and sensation returns in time.

So for now I am packing my vape gear away and will be cleaning out tanks on the weekend and keeping it all out of reach as to not tempt me to the point of zero enjoyment.

If this is the end of vaping for me it would be such a crap way to go..... but I wont give up just yet, might just be ghosting for a week or two to see if it all settles down. Holding thumbs that it returns to normal.

Catch you all on the flip side!! And for the love of tea and biscuits and by the graces of the old and the new gods, please stay healthy and avoid Covid as much as you can!

(PS: I have insta-regret for not getting vaxxed in December when I had the chance... )

I had the same last year July when I had Covid. It's worse than Vaper's tongue. But it started getting better around 2 weeks in.

My taste buds are still screwed. Still far from 100%. Can get the main flavours but it's not nearly as good as it was.

The worse thing for me was the brain fog. That came and went for a couple of months.

Back