Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh no, winter will bring COVID and load shedding :mad:

So the 30 days from the lifting of the state of disaster is almost over.

Has anyone heard anything about anything or do all the rules lapse on the 4th and we can launch the mask and the other 2 rules no one remembers?

Again we are the center of attention, for all the wrong reasons.

Once again, many eyes are on South Africa. After a massive BA.1 wave and no BA.2 wave, BA.4 and BA.5 are taking hold while they move into the winter season. In the past two weeks, cases have increased 173% and test positivity rate is high (20%).

Hospital admissions have also started increasing. Gauteng—the epicenter (once again)—has seen a 63% increase in hospitalizations in the past week, but thankfully started off at a very low baseline. While it’s still early to draw conclusions about the severity of the resurgence, positive signals are coming from hospitalization data: 23% of admissions are for severe disease with BA.4/5 infection (vs. 34% with BA.1 and 64% with Delta). Case fatality rates also remain low compared to previous waves.

Thanks for sharing all this info guys

So the 30 days from the lifting of the state of disaster is almost over.

Has anyone heard anything about anything or do all the rules lapse on the 4th and we can launch the mask and the other 2 rules no one remembers?
The glitch in the matrix is that the new Health Regulations were supposed to come into effect at the same time, which basically promoted our Health Minister to demi god status, and pretty much nullified any of Squirels pseudo regulation relaxations at the same time, (in some cases moving us back to Level 1 regulations :oops:) ... This implementation was deferred by two weeks, so I think your question should be on the status of said health regulations?

does anyone know the status of the said health regulations? :rofl:

It seems that the extension ends on the 29th of May, and unless there is credible argument, the bill will in all likelihood get rubber stamped on Monday 30th May

I would suggest everyone read it, and ... either object, or .... suck it up and get used to "new and improved" draconian control measures,

Your emailed objection to Minister Phaala and the rest of the stooges should be sent to;
tsakani.furumele@health.gov.za
Cc: president@presidency.gov, mmolepo@parliament.gov.za, btyawa@parliament.gov.za, info@parliament.gov.za, pmasiza@parliament.gov.za
... with the subject of; Objections to the Health Amendments No. 46045 Published on 15 March 2022 with Government Notice No. 1877–1880.

Back