Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had a good morning watching all the available reviews of the new Pearl Jam Album, listened to a few tracks to wet my appetite but left a handful and made sure i didn't listen to any two tracks in their natural order on the album as i still want to keep that first time listening experience for when i get my physical CD next week! 7 years but well worth the wait! Favourite lyrics "Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse come forged the north and west
Then there's Sitting Bullshit as our sitting president"
New Pearl Jam album? Are you serious? I thought they were on a hiatus

New Pearl Jam album? Are you serious? I thought they were on a hiatus
Bigger gaps between albums these days but still packing out arenas across the globe every year and no doubt like their last album and many of their earlier albums it will be a No1 in the US.

I guess I'm lucky because I'm used to this... having been retired for a long time already I have gotten used to chilling and doing what I want when I want... I spend quite a bit of time online chatting to mates in the HE game all over the planet... but I must say I'm battling with the fact that my boat has all the new goodies on it and I haven't managed to get it wet yet...

My wife is already battling on day two because she is used to going to her mates for tea and shopping...

I think tomorrow I will dust and clean the display cabinet!
Firstly, photos please!
Secondly, I haven’t really left the house for 13 days besides to fill petrol etc.
I have been working from home for over 8 years and initially the transition was hard for me but now, when I go into the office I find I can’t concentrate or be productive under the open plan and the noises etc and can’t wait to get home.

I personally have no issues staying at home and I am enjoying the quietness.

If anybody needs tips on simple things to assist with declining mental health etc please let me know and I’ll try my best to elaborate on a few simple steps that I will post below.

1. Take a shower daily.
2. Put on fresh clothes daily. These steps may seem trivial but they help a lot especially if you think this is great and I don’t have to shower or shave or be presentable. The act of putting on your favorite shirt or jeans when fresh out of the cupboard does indeed lift your mental state.
3. Try do some exercise twice a week. There are countless programs on YouTube depending on your schedule and fitness level. There is something for everyone from high intensity training to stretching etc. my only advice is don’t bite of more than you can chew as you will give up and beat yourself up for not doing this slowly.
4. Take the time to prepare a hot meal and try eat as best you can avoiding chips or quick snacks that are going to overload you with fibre. A well prepared meal becomes an achievement and you will feel better for it!

Last edited:
Day 2 Continued.
It's interesting to know that all shops are closed outside so you don't have to bother go out. I hate shopping on Saturdays as it's usually busy wherever you go. So I had a typical Saturday with the exception of my morning Cappuccino at my favourite coffeeshop.
Worked a bit on a plumbing project for which I was buying parts for a few weeks and it turned out to be a failure. Still need more parts :mad: So project put off until the end of the lockdown.

Building a very challenging puzzle
31c4a046ed46146d8fff6d859bf9abe2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Day 2 Continued.
It's interesting to know that all shops are closed outside so you don't have to bother go out. I hate shopping on Saturdays as it's usually busy wherever you go. So I had a typical Saturday with the exception of my morning Cappuccino at my favourite coffeeshop.
Worked a bit on a plumbing project for which I was buying parts for a few weeks and it turned out to be a failure. Still need more parts :mad: So project put off until the end of the lockdown.
I just discovered I want to add a 3rd cat door and get the kitty litter outside.
I had my male cat in lockdown for over a month to help him heal after surgery as he got gangrene and had to go for surgery 3 times and now he refuses to use the garden any longer and let’s just say I sometimes wonder how something so small can produce something so large :D

The good 'ol days, when we used to do jigsaws! Did you have this at home already, or did you go and buy it for lockdown @CashKat88?
We had this puzzle for a while now, attempted it once before but life and how busy it gets just got in the way so we couldn't do it but with all this free time we have now we set a goal to finish it by the time this lockdown is done.... Hopefully

Day one was a complete abomination, slept until 10am, spent the day on the couch watching movies and series. And went to bed fairly late. Today went much better. Got up early(ish) round 7, made breakfast and planned my day. Had to make a run to town for some foodstuffs. Completed all my required forms and went about my business. Thinking of taking a stroll through the "garden" this afternoon. Never been more grateful for living rural than now.
View attachment 193013

Oh my - so peaceful @Dela Rey Steyn!

I've been semi-retired and working from home for about 4 years now and this is the advice which I would like to give:

• Stick to a routine, especially your normal sleep/wake cycle. If you don't, you're going to be out-of-sorts and you don't need that. In addition, it won't be difficult to adjust when you go back to work.
  • Don't give in to temptation to sit and much popcorn and chocolates all day. Besides the weight gain, now is the time to eat healthy foods. Keep your body strong.
  • If you used to exercise e.g. jogging, do what you can where you are. I read about a couple who planned to run a marathon on their tiny balcony.
  • Take care of your appearance. It's so easy to have every day as a pajama day, but don't! You need to feel good about yourself, so get up, wash your hair, dress nicely, ladies - put on some make-up. You'll be surprised at the difference it makes! Pretend that your colleagues can see you!
  • Do something that challenges your mind, instead of binge-watching TV. It doesn't matter what it is - play Backgammon or Chess on the Internet, do Sodoku; crossword puzzles, anagrams whatever - but remain mentally active.
  • Maintain contact with others via telephone, Whatsapp, FB, Snapchat. We're lucky to have this technology now.
The most important thing is to continue to feel good about yourself and not to go into a slump.
Vasbyt! Min (of baie?) dae!

“We are staying at home now. Before we were going to the shops, but the soldiers are beating people so everyone is inside now,” said Emily Ndemande, a domestic worker who lives in Alexandra.

Everyone is inside because the soldiers are beating them - not because of the virus. Oh. My. Vape. :facepalm: I hope that the soldiers continue beating them!!

EDIT:
For once I am so relieved that I don't have a domestic! Even when lockdown is lifted, how do you know that your domestic isn't a carrier of the virus, without showing symptoms? And she's the one who will come into your home; look after your kids. Worrying.

Teacher in 2025 doing the class register:
Facemask Felix ?
yes
Lockdown Liebenberg ?
yip
Social D. Saiid ?
yebo
Gloves Gumede ?
present
Covid Thladi ?
here
Dettol Delport ?
ja.

I've been semi-retired and working from home for about 4 years now and this is the advice which I would like to give:

• Stick to a routine, especially your normal sleep/wake cycle. If you don't, you're going to be out-of-sorts and you don't need that. In addition, it won't be difficult to adjust when you go back to work.
  • Don't give in to temptation to sit and much popcorn and chocolates all day. Besides the weight gain, now is the time to eat healthy foods. Keep your body strong.
  • If you used to exercise e.g. jogging, do what you can where you are. I read about a couple who planned to run a marathon on their tiny balcony.
  • Take care of your appearance. It's so easy to have every day as a pajama day, but don't! You need to feel good about yourself, so get up, wash your hair, dress nicely, ladies - put on some make-up. You'll be surprised at the difference it makes! Pretend that your colleagues can see you!
  • Do something that challenges your mind, instead of binge-watching TV. It doesn't matter what it is - play Backgammon or Chess on the Internet, do Sodoku; crossword puzzles, anagrams whatever - but remain mentally active.
  • Maintain contact with others via telephone, Whatsapp, FB, Snapchat. We're lucky to have this technology now.
The most important thing is to continue to feel good about yourself and not to go into a slump.
Vasbyt! Min (of baie?) dae!

Thats some really hood advice @Hooked

But on another point, did you just make a spelling mistake, much instead of munch?
Lol this is the highlight of my week

Day 3 07:00
Getting used to wake up to silence ,not even the distant taxi . ''They'' only reported a rise of 17 persons infected yesterday ,is Covid on weekend too?
Going to have a braai later , too chilled to make lunch. Will keep you posted . Stay safe. As the day continued , 5 patrols ,a couple of ''WHoop WHoops'' ,ppl still mingling on the corners --18:40 ...and
''who let the dogs out'' ,just a few ferocious barks and silence ... A MIRACLE , Why is it that you have to go to extremes to get ''hunter-gatherers'' back in their caves ?
Racist -no .
Obedient - yes.
Frustrated - yes .
Scared for me and the few ppl I care about's life - yes.

Last edited:
Thats some really hood advice @Hooked

But on another point, did you just make a spelling mistake, much instead of munch?
Lol this is the highlight of my week

:-D You got me @SmokeyJoe! A spelling mistake from me, indeed! I'm sure you'll remember this forever. Maybe you could even frame it? :-D That would be pretty "hood", don't you think? :-D

Back