Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you're the perfect designated driver.
Was driving motorbike for 30+ years [no license] , in the platteland and here in Joey's before a fellow rider asked me to accompany him to get his , decided ,why not? Only got pulled off once by a white cop who wanted a look at the XT600e , had a nice chat, he wanted to get an on/off road bike as well and off I went .

Was driving motorbike for 30+ years [no license] , in the platteland and here in Joey's before a fellow rider asked me to accompany him to get his , decided ,why not? Only got pulled off once by a white cop who wanted a look at the XT600e , had a nice chat, he wanted to get an on/off road bike as well and off I went .
This thread isn't derailed it is totally off-road now :motorino:

Thanks for the headsup on the drivers license issue guys

Mine expired on 22 April - so about 2 weeks ago - during lockdown

Am I supposed to do anything now?

@ARYANTO - I also go to the Bedfordview licensing dept.
I am dreading getting it renewed
Last time (5 years ago) it took me a full day of standing in the queues - and then about half a day to go collect it.

Not sure if things have changed in the last 5 years - but this type of thing is my absolute worst "chore".

@ARYANTO - lets compare notes since you also go to Bedfordview - let me know if you find out anything further as to when they are opening up again etc... pleez ;-)

Last time (5 years ago) it took me a full day of standing in the queues - and then about half a day to go collect it.

Not sure if things have changed in the last 5 years - but this type of thing is my absolute worst "chore".

@ARYANTO - lets compare notes since you also go to Bedfordview - let me know if you find out anything further as to when they are opening up again etc... pleez ;-)

When I went last year. There was a sign saying that it could be done online but you had to do something in person. Can't remember what it was now, but you can check their website.

You need to make a booking online. Worked well in the beginning but now it's a mess. You need to check every monday from 08:00 over and over until they load spots. And when you get one take it because it will be gone in a few seconds. At least the queues are shorter.

But they are offline now.

https://online.natis.gov.za/#/E7063

Might be paranoia setting in but after reading a few stories about people getting in kak for cigarettes etc.....Do you guys think SAPS/SANDF can give us a hassle should we get stopped and they find our vapes/devices on us? A further search and a bottle of juice laying in the car as well.
Nothing to worry about. I have been in a few road blocks doing food drops with two mods in my car everytime and extra vape juice. If you have your mask on and a permit they don't really care. I think should you drive around with booze:godsdrink0nw: or cartons of :smoke: in your car you will get into trouble big time.

San Francisco gives free drugs, alcohol to homeless quarantining in hotels
By Kenneth Garger May 6, 2020 | 9:52pm | Updated

San Francisco is giving free drugs and alcohol to some homeless people isolating inside city-rented hotels during the coronavirus pandemic, officials confirmed Wednesday.
The city has handed out either booze, tobacco or medical cannabis to 43 homeless people with addictions to deter them from leaving the hotels and potentially spreading coronavirus, Jenna Lane, a spokeswoman for the city’s Department of Health, told the San Francisco Chronicle.
Full story:
https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/san-francisco-gives-drugs-alcohol-to-homeless-quarantining-in-hotels/

San Francisco gives free drugs, alcohol to homeless quarantining in hotels
By Kenneth Garger May 6, 2020 | 9:52pm | Updated

San Francisco is giving free drugs and alcohol to some homeless people isolating inside city-rented hotels during the coronavirus pandemic, officials confirmed Wednesday.
The city has handed out either booze, tobacco or medical cannabis to 43 homeless people with addictions to deter them from leaving the hotels and potentially spreading coronavirus, Jenna Lane, a spokeswoman for the city’s Department of Health, told the San Francisco Chronicle.
Full story:
https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/san-francisco-gives-drugs-alcohol-to-homeless-quarantining-in-hotels/
And all I want is to buy my favourite beer and vape juice online SA Government please take note of this :)

You need to make a booking online. Worked well in the beginning but now it's a mess. You need to check every monday from 08:00 over and over until they load spots. And when you get one take it because it will be gone in a few seconds. At least the queues are shorter.

But they are offline now.

https://online.natis.gov.za/#/E7063

yea I renewed my licensee in January. also had to do the online thing and the que was short. Only problem is that if you have outstanding fines you cant make a booking until everything is paid. (and I have a habit of not paying fines which eventually caught up to me ‍♂️)

Most important @Silver , please book online appointment , they gave me so much lip for not booking online . You DO NOT need 2 photos , so don't pay the photobooth guy in the parking lot.

DAY 43- 09:15 BED LATE BECAUSE OF ESIGSSA [ @Resistance and @M.Adhir ]
Birds are chirping , sun is shining , open windows and started singing ''It's a new day , it's a new dawn '' and realize it's another lockdown day...:(
Hav'nt read the new news yet , let me get Coke first [Zoo cookies still locked up ] There is a braai in the pipeline , enough Gin for a small party , last Black Label is on it's epic journey to become a beer bread.

DAY 43- 09:15 BED LATE BECAUSE OF ESIGSSA [ @Resistance and @M.Adhir ]
Birds are chirping , sun is shining , open windows and started singing ''It's a new day , it's a new dawn '' and realize it's another lockdown day...:(
Hav'nt read the new news yet , let me get Coke first [Zoo cookies still locked up ] There is a braai in the pipeline , enough Gin for a small party , last Black Label is on it's epic journey to become a beer bread.

I haven't even been able to fall asleep yet.
Last shut eye was Wednesday afternoon.
And trying hard not to have a drink to try and sleep. Not sure where to from here

Never been happier to see this guy arrive to deliver than I was today lol. Saturday delivery even, I'm impressed.

Pic taken with permission.

PSX_20200509_092426.jpg

What ya got ?
what ya got ?

Some PG vg and concentrates and bottles.
Fortunately managed to get a small order in before the stores started backtracking and shutting down.

Now to mad scientist and work out if I can extract nicotine from cigarettes and suspend it in a pg or VG base lol.

PSX_20200509_092359.jpg

Some PG vg and concentrates and bottles.
Fortunately managed to get a small order in before the stores started backtracking and shutting down.

Now to mad scientist and work out if I can extract nicotine from cigarettes and suspend it in a pg or VG base lol.

View attachment 195725
Actually saw a thread somewhere how to extract nic , @Resistance ?
''- The extraction depends on isolation of base by dissolving the cigarettes in NaOH. Then extract nicotine from the filtrate by ether. After evaporation of ether you will get nicotine oil. - The factories of cigarettes remove large quantities of nicotine from cigarette leaves because of high toxicity.''
Something like that.

How COVID-19 is changing entertainment
mybroadband.co.za/news/technology/351331-how-covid-19-is-changing-entertainment.html

Imagine a steaming love story , now add facemasks o_O

We all are going to need Psychiatric help after this , stress levels are sky rocketing here as well...

I've been following this since November, as my body likes to catch new and interesting diseases, been quarantined and isolated twice in my life, so mentally I've been a bit better than most of my friends, but after having to put my dog down two weeks a go due to a tumor, as well as having to do all the outside stuff in PPE, I'm starting to fatigue myself. The only good news is that my diabetes that they suspect another virus gave me seems to have buggered off with a 3 month average of 4.7%.

At the start I involved myself heavily in educating people, but I've also grown tired of that, so many people suddenly virologists, statisticians and clinicians, getting their degrees from the internet, I just don't care anymore.

I've been following this since November, as my body likes to catch new and interesting diseases, been quarantined and isolated twice in my life, so mentally I've been a bit better than most of my friends, but after having to put my dog down two weeks a go due to a tumor, as well as having to do all the outside stuff in PPE, I'm starting to fatigue myself. The only good news is that my diabetes that they suspect another virus gave me seems to have buggered off with a 3 month average of 4.7%.

At the start I involved myself heavily in educating people, but I've also grown tired of that, so many people suddenly virologists, statisticians and clinicians, getting their degrees from the internet, I just don't care anymore.

Really sorry to hear about loss of your dog.:-(

Really sorry to hear about loss of your dog.:-(

Thank you, I basically delivered him in to the world, and been by my side for 11 years, so was really tough, also because I had to drive him there alone, and go home alone, but got to bury him with family.

I can't tell you how many times I wanted to suspend my Facebook account since this started.

Back