Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone heard of Hufflepuff?? They're selling juice during Level 3 according to their website.
Read here.

And : GOOOOD MORNING inmates DAY 69 -09:50
Stats -37525
Dead 792 - 87 up
Slept late , looks like the new meds are working fine - excursion later to get beer for the weekend , and some basics , the streets are busy , joggers/runners ,cars and pedestrians all over - looks like a total disregard for L/D, no wonder the stats are escalating.

https://m.fin24.com/Economy/South-A...-outweighed-by-harm-cigarettes-cause-20200604

Govt says lost tax revenue from smoking ban 'outweighed' by harm cigarettes cause
time_icon_grey.png
13:20 04/06/2020
user_icon.png
Jan Cronje

• The state is set to argue in an upcoming court case that lost sin taxes from tobacco sales are outweighed by the health risks that smoking poses.
    • The sale of cigarettes and tobacco products have been banned since the start of the nationwide lockdown in late March.
    • Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, says research shows smokers are likely to get severe Covid-19 infections that non-smokers.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................
Dlamini-Zuma also argues that the court will not have to rule on whether emerging scientific evidence clearly backs the state's case of the ban. Rather, she argues that the court will have to decide "simply whether the literature provides a rational basis for the prohibition".
And she says that based on public statements made by the World Health Organisation and members of SA's medical fraternity, the ban was rational.
"It is my respectful submission that it is not the role of the court to weigh up the scientific evidence for and against the prohibition, and itself determine which of the various studies and reports are 'better evidence,'" she states.
The state, in its submission, refers to a May statement by the WHO which said that "smokers are more likely to develop severe disease with Covid-19 compared to non-smokers".
The government is also intending to rely on statements in support of the ban made by various bodies in the SA medical fraternity, including the Hearth and Strike Foundation of SA.

Somewhere else, in her ultimate wisdom she also says this:

https://m.fin24.com/Economy/South-A...-outweighed-by-harm-cigarettes-cause-20200604

Govt says lost tax revenue from smoking ban 'outweighed' by harm cigarettes cause
time_icon_grey.png
user_icon.png
Jan Cronje

• The state is set to argue in an upcoming court case that lost sin taxes from tobacco sales are outweighed by the health risks that smoking poses.
    • The sale of cigarettes and tobacco products have been banned since the start of the nationwide lockdown in late March.
    • Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, says research shows smokers are likely to get severe Covid-19 infections that non-smokers.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................
Dlamini-Zuma also argues that the court will not have to rule on whether emerging scientific evidence clearly backs the state's case of the ban. Rather, she argues that the court will have to decide "simply whether the literature provides a rational basis for the prohibition".
And she says that based on public statements made by the World Health Organisation and members of SA's medical fraternity, the ban was rational.
"It is my respectful submission that it is not the role of the court to weigh up the scientific evidence for and against the prohibition, and itself determine which of the various studies and reports are 'better evidence,'" she states.
The state, in its submission, refers to a May statement by the WHO which said that "smokers are more likely to develop severe disease with Covid-19 compared to non-smokers".
The government is also intending to rely on statements in support of the ban made by various bodies in the SA medical fraternity, including the Hearth and Strike Foundation of SA.

I cannot express the depth of the loathing I feel for this person. She has presided over the two most critical public health crises of the last 20 years and made a complete shambles of both.

"As an epidemiologist, I'm amazed that the only thing that's discussed about Covid-19 and the lockdown is mortality. It's not just mortality, though.

A 25% pulmonary function deficit that takes 15-20 years to heal, some sort of coagulopathy present in ⅓ of patients (long term implications not clear), neurological deficits (do you really think that only smell and taste are affected?)

.Joint inflammations (now being investigated), and liver damage--all of these aren't exactly appealing. Everyone talks about death--I think we physicians blew that one.

We know that kids are infected and that it gives them Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome. Do they have any alterations in their neurobehavioral development? Growth?" -David lilienfeld

I saw this quote today and verified that he actually said it, and it hit home, because this is the very argument I keep coming back to, we need to stop measuring things in extremes.

time_icon_grey.png
user_icon.png
Jan Cronje

Seems she has this wrong as well. The case is about civil liberties, not just tobacco. Do not tell her though.

Regards

Day 70 - 08:00
Busy day today , the contractors are bringing in sand and rubble to fill the new floors and Monday I'm moving into the lounge , major construction and redesign of my bedroom plus a new sliding door onto a private patio .They estimate the time-frame at 2 weeks . Exited :D

Stats last night - Up 3272 to 40792
Fatalities - 848

SA COVID stats update

Friday 5 June 2020

Not good, the stats are still ramping up :(
No signs yet of a plateau

Be safe out there and look after the elderly and vulnerable

BA3D2279-46A8-4120-8D71-40E1966193B1.jpeg

E9EB6314-880E-4A08-A2D2-088506C5EF2C.jpeg

Source : Worldometer Website

MLF - Sparks - leef jy nog , fk dog jy's dood iewers in 'n ditch - good to see you back !:)
Nee fk ek haal nog asem, dit gaan wilder as wildtuin hier by my, almal wil mos van die huis af werk ek is darem bevoreg om vir 'n ISP te werk so kan seker nie kla nie nè......

The second of the four penumbral lunar eclipses of 2020 is expected to occur on the intervening night of 5 and 6 June.

According to Time and Date, the lunar eclipse will be visible in much of Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, South/East South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, and Antarctica.
Come , guys with your clever phones and big cameras , show us what you got .

When I'm really busy I tend to live on take-aways and pre-cooked meals. I wonder if anyone from the food industry is here and if so, I would like to know how they decide that a pre-cooked meal is X number of portions? Who are they testing it on? Mice?

View attachment 197616

It's like when you buy sushi and they give you 6 pairs of chopsticks when it's just 2 of you lol!

Finally! The Government Gazette has been published and we can go fishing! Now we just need the pineapples at the dam to get their act together and open the F'ing Gates! Hopefully Monday!

3Kg-05.jpg

Back