Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
With some brief discussion of Rayon as a wicking material I went off to the Boat House that has some Vape Cupboard storage to look for some... found a small box and I also have a HUGE box! So let's do some wicking tests over the next few days!
Cotton 1.JPG Cotton 2.JPG Cotton 3.JPG Cotton 4.JPG Cotton 5.JPG Cotton 6.JPG Cotton 7.JPG Cotton 8.JPG

And here I was looking for TFC and couldn’t find any. And now I know why. all in your boat house.
Can’t wait for the results. thanks.

Last edited:
Today we will test Rayon! It was all the rage 5 years ago and if I'm not mistaken the first person to test it in SA was @HPBotha who very kindly sent me my first sample! At the time it was revolutionary and I used it in my REO's for ages!

Going to let the wick sit for a while and then give it a go!
Rayon.JPG

Rayon test done... a bit of a taste to get rid of which goes after a few puffs... it works but doesn't match up to Mavaton X or Titanium Fiber Cotton. But nice to know I have a lifetime of wick if I need it.

Great to see @Rob Fisher !
Keep some of that Rayon for me...... if you ever think of chucking it in the gorge :)
I like it in my low powered fruity menthol vapes!

It's all yours Hi Ho @Silver! We can make a plan when the lockdown is over!
Any chance you tried Dove 100% cotton balls LOL
I thought I had enough over lockdown but with a few mistakes here abs there and hot spots I managed to go through a bit and now I'm out.
So I bought Dove cotton balls in desperation and they are terrible

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Any chance you tried Dove 100% cotton balls LOL
I thought I had enough over lockdown but with a few mistakes here abs there and hot spots I managed to go through a bit and now I'm out.
So I bought Dove cotton balls in desperation and they are terrible

I have indeed used Dove Cotton Balls! 6 years ago there were not too many options. ;-)

I might try these instead. Dove are not organic.
Any chance anyone is selling cotton bacon or something legit
1dca6b0ba678f8767fbbd125173e4cab.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back