Loco Flavours Beta Testing - Valley Vapour

And the rest.

6. Custard - vaped at 30W

I had high hopes for this, as it smelled great, but from the outset it had a terrible chemical taste which was totally offputting. I found it unvapeable - it tastes like cleaning fluid.

0 out of 5 stars
Recommend to a friend: Only if they had wronged me.

7. Ice Cream - vaped at 40W
I was apprehensive about this one after the ordeal of the Custard concentrate. But it was a really nice surprise. There's no chemical aroma to this. It's a well balanced blend of vanilla, creaminess and sweetness and stands up against TFA and CAP VBIC. This one was a winner and could be a stand-alone if you like uncomplicated flavours.

3 out of 5 stars
Recommend to a friend: Yes

8. Milk
This tastes like sour milk with some old dust mixed into it. You know that hard-to-describe smell of old wooden furniture which has been in storage? That smell. It wasn't as bad as some of the other creams I tested, ie. I didn't have to stop vaping it, but that's quite faint praise.

1 out of 5 stars
Recommend to a friend: No

9. Passion Fruit
I was looking forward to this one from the sniff test. Initially it was OK. It tastes more a Passion Fruit syrup than a fresh Passion Fruit flavour. After a few puffs, a really weird aftertaste started coming through - like old, dirty washing up water. I had to stop vaping it. This one was WOW, and not in a good way.

0 out of 5 stars
Recommend to a friend: Absolutely not.

10. Raspberry
It's an uncomplicated candied raspberry flavour which was pleasant enough. It's quite strong - you would probably need to mix at at a lower percentage in a blend. I think there are better Raspberry flavours out there, but it might be ok as a workhorse flavour in the background.

3 out of 5 stars
Recommend to a friend: Meh.....probably not.

Loco Blueberry

5% 70/30 3mg
TFV8 40W

This has a great smell in the bottle but that's pretty much where it ended.
Upon vaping, all I got was a soapy chemical taste, it is truly vile. Mixed in koolada to try take the edge off but it just made it worse.
I can think of no redeeming qualities in this concentrate.

Recommended percentage: Should be fantastic at 0% but anything higher would be a big mistake.

0 out of 5

Recommend to a friend: No, no, hell no.

847957a14d45a24328ed5bb616298525.png

Indian Milkshake: Vanilla Ice Cream blended with full cream milk and rose syrup

Really nice creamy Milkshake

Loco Guava

Mixed at 3% in 60:40 VG/PG base with no nic
Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45 and 50W

Notes: the reason I requested Guava for these tests is because it's a difficult profile to nail. TFA's Guava received hostile reviews at ELR, and HIC noted that FA's offering is pungent and floral even at low percentages. So I wasn't expecting great things. Imagine my surprise, then, when Loco knocked this one out the park. It's a very easy flavour to describe. You know those frosted plastic 500ml bottles of pink guava juice in the shops? More specifically, you know the gritty "chopped fruit bits" sediment that you get at the bottom of the bottle? That is this flavour - to a T. It is a "full fruit" flavour including pips and a hint of the rind. But there are no bitter, harsh or chemical notes. I think they got the sweetness level just right as well. It is somewhat more sweet than the natural fruit, less sweet than Koo's Guava Halves in Syrup. Although if you visualise tinned guavas in syrup, you'll still be in the ballpark for this flavour. Another pleasing aspect is the stability of the flavour. I noticed no significant changes in profile whether at 35, 40, 45 or 50W. There are very few local flavours that I would hold up against the authenticity and quality of Flavour Art's fruit flavours. This is one of them.

Recommended percentage: I started at 3% and felt no need to try any other percentage. It hit the spot immediately, producing a smooth and flavourful vape that I would be happy to vape as a standalone. If you like a more saturated flavour or vape at lower wattages, bump it up by 1 or 2%. For a tropical fruit juice blend, 1-2% should be ample.

Rating: 5/5

Recommend to a friend: any day of the week. And considering today is Sunday, I may even recommend it twice.

Loco Guava

Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45 and 50W

Notes: the reason I requested Guava for these tests is because it's a difficult profile to nail. TFA's Guava received hostile reviews at ELR, and HIC noted that FA's offering is pungent and floral even at low percentages. So I wasn't expecting great things. Imagine my surprise, then, when Loco knocked this one out the park. It's a very easy flavour to describe. You know those frosted plastic 500ml bottles of pink guava juice in the shops? More specifically, you know the gritty "chopped fruit bits" sediment that you get at the bottom of the bottle? That is this flavour - to a T. It is a "full fruit" flavour including pips and a hint of the rind. But there are no bitter, harsh or chemical notes. I think they got the sweetness level just right as well. It is somewhat more sweet than the natural fruit, less sweet than Koo's Guava Halves in Syrup. Although if you visualise tinned guavas in syrup, you'll still be in the ballpark for this flavour. Another pleasing aspect is the stability of the flavour. I noticed no significant changes in profile whether at 35, 40, 45 or 50W. There are very few local flavours that I would hold up against the authenticity and quality of Flavour Art's fruit flavours. This is one of them.

Recommended percentage: I started at 3% and felt no need to try any other percentage. It hit the spot immediately, producing a smooth and flavourful vape that I would be happy to vape as a standalone. If you like a more saturated flavour or vape at lower wattages, bump it up by 1 or 2%. For a tropical fruit juice blend, 1-2% should be ample.

Rating: 5/5

Recommend to a friend: any day of the week. And considering today is Sunday, I may even recommend it twice.

That is just marvellous to hear @RichJB
Very well explained again!

I see Guava Ice DIY in my future vaping path...

847957a14d45a24328ed5bb616298525.png

Indian Milkshake: Vanilla Ice Cream blended with full cream milk and rose syrup

Really nice creamy Milkshake

Okay i did a shake and vape with this recipe and it was amazing. The longer it stands the rose is getting a bit hectic. Ill drop that rose to 2-2.5%.

OK I wont have nearly as lengthy a review per liquid as some of the professionals here...

Mint

Fantastic standalone at 5% clears the sinuses and cools the lungs on a damn hot day like you won't believe.

As a additive also spot on from 1 to 5% depending how hard a kick you want.

Butterscotch

Standalone nothing to write home about. Reminds of Wilsons butterscotch candies.

As an additive this excited the hell outta me after I initially tested the mint and then the butterscotch. Mixed up a 100ml of these two friends combined and it is exactly those after dinner butterscotch mints from the steak houses. Been vaping it flat out for 24hours since mixing down about 20ml already.

Now on to the 3 most important requested flavours.

STRAWBERRY

I like this... more than FA and TFA strawberries/ripe that i mixed up when I first started diy'ing. Also beats the socks off CLY which I found putrid. Its closest to real strawberry and I am willing to put my serpent mini 25 on a block that this will make mustard milk better than the standard required concentrate.

Next up

STRAWBERRY MILK

The hits just keep on coming. This is even more strawberry than the plain strawberry. Really reminds me of Neskwik from schooldays.

This can go standalone with a hit of koolada to make it ICE cold milk.

Going to mix this tonight.

STRAWBERRY CREAM

I once had a moirs strawberry instant puddig and this is that. No joy on this one guys. On the exhale it has a weird warm aftertaste. I think cream will be a bust. This is also the only flavour I recieved with a perfumy taste to it like the CLY concentrates gave off. Dont like the Strawberry Cream much. Will see if it improves with more steep.

MALVA

I am not a mixologist as yet and I do not have the time to try and make a crappy flavour work as a bigger recipe. If it sucks alone I probably won't tinker with it any further.

Sorry Malva coconutty microwave cake. Nah.

Icecream.... you will need fresh wicks so I will report back on this tomorrow.

I am hoping for a Loco Strawberry and Ice Cream Mustard Milk to beat the socks off my current mix.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

Mango

Mixed at 5%, 60/40, 1.5mg nic. steeped 24 hours
Tested on avocado22, single 26g kanthal 6 spaced wraps and then on a goblin mini v3, dual 26g stainless both with cotton bacon.

Initial smell test promised a ripe, orange mango, when mixed and vaped the mango tastes a little green, but a full fruit and really tasty. Mango seems to be a rather hard flavour to nail down and I think these guys have nailed this properly, very vapable at around 5% and can see it working nicely at 2-3% in mixes. No off notes or 'perfumeyness' at all.

Rating: 4/5 seeing as mango is a really hard flavour profile to get down and this is honestly one of the best I have tried. Would absolutely recommend it to others.

Last edited:
Litchi

Mixed at 4%, 60/40, 1.5mg nic. steeped 48 hours
Tested on avocado22, single 26g kanthal 6 spaced wraps and then on a goblin mini v3, dual 26g stainless both with cotton bacon.

This guy is really authentic at 4%. Almost too authentic in fact. I'm used to a litchi being sweet like Liquifruit, this is much darker and earthier. like eating a real litchi. I'm on the fence about this guy, I'm not too fond of the earthiness but my wife absolutely loves it. It would be great to add authentic tones to other litchi or as a mix with sweeter fruits.

Single flavour percentage around the 4-4.5 % mark and around the 2% mark in a mix. I think this guy would also work nicely around 0.5-0.75 to add authentic accents or notes to other litchis.

Rating 3.5/5 - This should be higher as they nailed the litchi flavour and smacked it out of the park, maybe a bit too much?

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely

Guava

Not much that can be said after @RichJB's review except to say that he is spot on. Even at 5% this guy is really good and I blew threw 10ml in double quick time. Great guava taste and even gives hints of texture like the sediment in guava juice.

Recommend 3-5% standalone and about 2% in mixes.

Rating definitely a 5/5. Loco really seems to have these fruit flavours spot on.

Recommend to a friend: unsure at this point, I'm going to need to do ALOT more testing from my side. @Dinxster, A 100ml bottle might be able to assist in me making this descision :devil::devil:

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Great to hear about the guava @Soutie
Liking this thread a lot!

Great to hear about the guava @Soutie
Liking this thread a lot!

You really need to start the DIY thing @Silver.

I have been really pleasantly surprised with the fruits so far, each one I have tried they have knocked out of the park. Going to let the creams and bakery notes steep for a few days before making a final verdict on them.

@Soutie, I'm really stoked to hear that the Mango is good and the Litchi at least authentic. I didn't order the Litchi but have got the Mango mixed and ready to vape.

Loco Mango

Mixed 3-6% 70/30 3mg
Melo Mini 0.25Ohm 25W-35W

The smell out of the bottle is not what you would normally associate with a Mango concentrate, I was expecting the extremely sweet, syrupy, overripe almost pungent odor that is the norm but this is far more subtle. It's similar to smelling the skin of a green mango.
At a 3% standalone mixture I found the taste a bit generic, on inhale it was slightly sweet and I could tell it was a fruit but that was roughly where it ended, the exhale gave a bit more of a clue that it was mango.
I upped the wattage and percentage and took a hit.
This was much more what I was looking for, it is a true essence of mango. As others have stated, it's reminiscent of an unripe mango, not overly sweet but very accurate to the fruit. The closest I can describe the taste to is when you have eaten all the flesh from the fruit and have just the pip left. Those fibrous "hairs" on the pip that we all used to bite and pull to extract the last ounce of taste, that's the flavour here. It's mango unplugged.

Recommended percentage: 6% standalone, 3-4% in a mix (this may seem high but I can't see this overpowering a mixture rather complimenting it very well)

5 stars for sure

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely!! This can stack up against any competition. Well done guys, it's really good.

Loco Grape

Mixed at 3% and 6% in 60:40 VG/PG base with no nic
Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45, 50 and 55W

Notes: I would guess that Loco were aiming for an authentic grape juice blend with this one. It's not a full fruit flavour, there is no skin or pips. It doesn't attain authenticity either. It's not as unashamedly plastic as Fanta Grape but it does edge more towards grape cordial/essence than a bunch of fresh grapes. However, the base grape characteristic is not the problem. When I first sampled this at 3%, my immediate reaction was that it was right on the edge of perfume. Instead of dialing it back to 2%, I upped it to 6%. If over-flavouring was the cause of the perfume note, then doubling the concentration would confirm it and push it over the edge into an unvapable state. However, the perfume note didn't increase. It's not perfume due to over-flavouring, it's an inherent floral note in the flavour. Coupled to that, it produced a dry and smooth vape. Those are perhaps desirable qualities in a mild tobacco but it's not what you expect from grape. The best way to describe the exhale is that it's like grape that has been coated in floral-scented talcum powder. Increasing the concentration to 6% did help to reduce the dryness somewhat. But this grape doesn't pop or zing and there is little juiciness. On both drippers and at all wattages, that floral note is welded to the base grape flavour. If I've given the impression that it's nasty, I have exaggerated. Nothing turns me off faster than a perfume note, I won't vape any perfumey flavour. Yet I vaped this for a solid two hours without ill effects or feeling I'd had enough. The grape flavour is decent. If Loco could reformulate to lose that floral note and inject a bit of juiciness, this would be a solid and workable grape flavour. But as is, it's just not what I expect or want from a grape.

Recommended percentage: 6% worked better than 3% for me, and lost some of the dry quality that was noticeable at 3%.

Rating: 2/5

Recommend to a friend: I wouldn't recommend but I wouldn't vehemently warn against it either. If you don't mind a floral note, it's certainly an interesting and different flavour. But it's not for me.

Loco Maple

Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45, and 50W

Notes: I plumped for Maple simply because it's not a flavour profile that one sees often. The go-to in vaping DIY is Flavour Art's Maple Syrup as favoured by HIC in bakery, dessert, drink and candy recipes. So, perhaps understandably, I assumed that Loco's offering would also be a maple syrup. However, the name is accurate. This is plain maple, not syrup. That is not to say it's not sweet, maple is naturally sweet - but this is not cloying syrupy sweetness. Instead, the inhale provides a lip-smacking sweetness, which is then subdued under the medium-dark dense and woody maple on the exhale. I won't venture an opinion on the authenticity of the flavour as I doubt I've ever tasted true maple. What is marketed to us as "Maple Syrup" is usually just corn syrup with maple flavouring added. For what it's worth, this flavour seems true to artificial maple flavourings. For a non-maple maven like me, it is an altogether pleasing flavour. Even as a standalone, it has novelty value. However that will not persist. Instead, maple is meant to be used as an accent and this flavour should serve well in that regard. It is not sweet enough to pass as syrup drizzled over pancakes or waffles, so will need to be boosted by some other source of sweetness. In tobaccos it should be more workable than maple syrup because it's not as sweet.

Recommended percentage: In the unlikely event that vaping a sweet tree trunk is your thang, 3% is fine for standalone. In its customary role as an accent flavour, 1-1.5% should hit the spot. Whichever role you use it in, balancing the sweetness will be key to getting the best from it.

Rating: 4/5

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely but with the caveat that it's a niche flavour. If maple doesn't interest you as a flavour profile, pass this one by. But if you fancy a bit of maple in your juice, this provides something different from the FA staple.

Loco Maple

Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45, and 50W

Notes: I plumped for Maple simply because it's not a flavour profile that one sees often. The go-to in vaping DIY is Flavour Art's Maple Syrup as favoured by HIC in bakery, dessert, drink and candy recipes. So, perhaps understandably, I assumed that Loco's offering would also be a maple syrup. However, the name is accurate. This is plain maple, not syrup. That is not to say it's not sweet, maple is naturally sweet - but this is not cloying syrupy sweetness. Instead, the inhale provides a lip-smacking sweetness, which is then subdued under the medium-dark dense and woody maple on the exhale. I won't venture an opinion on the authenticity of the flavour as I doubt I've ever tasted true maple. What is marketed to us as "Maple Syrup" is usually just corn syrup with maple flavouring added. For what it's worth, this flavour seems true to artificial maple flavourings. For a non-maple maven like me, it is an altogether pleasing flavour. Even as a standalone, it has novelty value. However that will not persist. Instead, maple is meant to be used as an accent and this flavour should serve well in that regard. It is not sweet enough to pass as syrup drizzled over pancakes or waffles, so will need to be boosted by some other source of sweetness. In tobaccos it should be more workable than maple syrup because it's not as sweet.

Recommended percentage: In the unlikely event that vaping a sweet tree trunk is your thang, 3% is fine for standalone. In its customary role as an accent flavour, 1-1.5% should hit the spot. Whichever role you use it in, balancing the sweetness will be key to getting the best from it.

Rating: 4/5

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely but with the caveat that it's a niche flavour. If maple doesn't interest you as a flavour profile, pass this one by. But if you fancy a bit of maple in your juice, this provides something different from the FA staple.
Oooh, for that Rum & Maple tobacco!

That was my feeling too, @Andre. Sadly, I have zero reference for it. The last time I smoked Rum & Maple tobacco was at the age of about eight, when I stole some of my dad's pipe tobacco, rolled it up in newspaper and smoked it behind the shed. I'm not sure if this Maple will hit the spot in a Rum & Maple mix. But even standalone, the woodiness of the exhale has an almost smoky quality to it. I think this could work well with tobaccos.

@Dinxster If you guys decide to go ahead with the Loco line, what would their pricing be like in comparison to the imported ranges?

Oh and on a side note, I used the Loco Peach in a Sinful dragon recipe and it subs beautifully for the TFA peach, vaped them side by side and if anything I probably prefer the Loco version as opposed to the original recipe.

Local flavours definitely work out to be less expensive than imports. The Loco Flavours Creme Soda received such a great thumbs up from testers that it's already available on Valley Vapour if you want to check out the pricing.

Last edited:
Guava

Not much that can be said after @RichJB's review except to say that he is spot on. Even at 5% this guy is really good and I blew threw 10ml in double quick time. Great guava taste and even gives hints of texture like the sediment in guava juice.

Recommend 3-5% standalone and about 2% in mixes.

Rating definitely a 5/5. Loco really seems to have these fruit flavours spot on.

Recommend to a friend: unsure at this point, I'm going to need to do ALOT more testing from my side. @Dinxster, A 100ml bottle might be able to assist in me making this descision :devil::devil:

:rolleyes:
Funny guy ;)

Loco Guava

Mixed at 4-6% 70/30 3mg
Tfv8 Q2 45W 0.38Ohm

Fantastic smell, there's no mistaking what this is, but after the dreaded Blueberry debacle of 2016, I was cautious.
At 4% the grainy fruit coated my tongue with a subtle play between sweet and earthiness.
I don't do subtle, so kicked it up to 6% and boy it was good.
It reminds me of guava fruit rolls, that grainy fruit sandpaper packed a solid guava punch. It had flavour, texture and depth and that is exactly what this juice does. It's not overly sweet, it has a real depth of flavour with zero artificial intrusions.
I could happily vape this all day long.

Recommended percentage: As a mix 2-3% should be fine, as a standalone I like it at 6%.

5 star juice

Recommend to a friend: without a doubt.

Last edited:
V0lA2eb.png

Just received mine today. First batch I whipped up a good ol' Creme Soda, and damn...

Atomizer: Mage RTA, 0.43 Ohms.

1. Creme Soda:
When I opened up the concentrate the first thing that drew me to it was the smell, holy crap this was amazing and I knew it would taste good.
Percentage: 3%, with a few drops of Koolada (I don't go without it)
Taste: Smooth at first, would like to add a bit of cream just to make it more smooth, tastes sweet on both inhale and exhale. The closest to our local beverage I've tasted thus far.
Recommendation: Most definitely, just don't add too much. I won't go higher than 4-5%. Other than adding a bit of Koolada, it's definitely a keeper as a standalone flavour.
Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

Will definitely mix some more tomorrow and let you know!

Loco Blueberry

Mixed at 5%
Tested on Tsunami 0.3 dual SS16L coils. Wicked with CBv2

So, this flavor smelled pretty good in the bottle and I was excited to try it as blueberry seems to be a very difficult flavor to get right. That still holds true. This stuff is bad. Inhale gives you a solid flashback to the days you used to get soap put in your mouth for swearing, the exhale allows you to understand what it would taste like if you drank blueberry scented bubble bath. Also, this taste lingers in your coils. I was too put off to even try it at a lower percentage, as I doubt it would make any difference.

Recommended Percentage: 0%
Rating: 0/5
Recommend to a friend: If you would like to keep your friendship, no.

Loco Malva
Mixed at 6% in 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic
Tested in Ice3 RDA, 0.22 Ohms, 45W

As I'm a bit of a Malva fanatic, this was my first test. I did 3 recipes in an attempt to "extract" the best out of this juice and to be able to compare it to my existing Malva juice.

Notes:

Malva standalone
It has a very familiar baked dessert flavour drenched with delicious hot caramel/toffee sauce, accented by delicate coconut notes. The aroma is very reminiscent of the smell of traditional baked desserts which would waft through our house on Sundays. This compares favourably to the CLY Malva, albeit a tad "lighter". This brings a little bit of finesse, whereas the CLY kicks you in the gonads at anything over 4%. As for any hot dessert, there are basically 2 types of accompaniments to take it to the next level = Ice cream or Custard. From experience, custards swallow the delicate flavours of the malva and sadly, does more harm than good. I settled on Loco Ice Cream (kill 2 birds with one what's-it).

Malva & Ice Cream
I kept the Malva at 6% and added Loco Ice cream at 2.5%. The ice cream smoothed out the flavours nicely and added that little sweet, creamy touch to the mixture - not too little, not too much... I found the Ice Cream a little bland and hope that it gets better with a nice steep. Perhaps increase the ice cream to around 4... It lacked a little something though...

Malva & Ice Cream and ingredient X
Based on previous dealings with Malva, I could not wait to add the final ingredient to the pot...The pièce de résistance, the holy grail, the missing link... Again, I mixed Malva at 6%, Ice cream at 2.5% and CLY Apricot at 0.5%. As soon as I dripped it I knew that this was IT, this is the business....the smell from the dripper teased me like those promo girls at the local pub. The difference is that this babe did not disappoint!!
BANG!!! There she was!!!! A satisfying & mouth watering blast of a full bodied, sweet, creamy and ever so tart traditional baked Malva! The apricot adds that slight tartness to balance this beauty and kick it up a notch or two. It can be vaped without the Apricot but I hardly ever omit it. It's like having a Black Forest Gâteau without the cherries... A note on the Apricot though is that it looses it's kick after about 2-3 weeks...

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely - even to enemies!

Rating: 4.9 stars / 5 stars

Back