Looking at upgrading and stuck between choices

Hey guys,

The smpl and dark horse have arrived. The rest of the list should be arriving on Friday so have yet to set it up.

Thought I had an issue but I was just being a noob, I couldnt get the tank off and I saw in reviews that it comes off which stumped me for some time. Then a brainwave hit and I decided to connect the rda to the mod. Voila tank came off easily.

An issue ive found is the airfkow ring only really goes on in one directionm I.e. I cant invert it to get the smaller airflow settings. I tried a slight twisiting motion and all it did was get completely stuck and when I finally and very carefully got it off there were as what I would describe as metal filings which is weird. If it fits one way why wont it go on the other way which it is supposed to do. Did I get a dud or is that just one of the risks for getting a clone.

Anyways waiting for the rest to arrive and once everything is going nicely ill post all pics

Hey guys,

The smpl and dark horse have arrived. The rest of the list should be arriving on Friday so have yet to set it up.

Thought I had an issue but I was just being a noob, I couldnt get the tank off and I saw in reviews that it comes off which stumped me for some time. Then a brainwave hit and I decided to connect the rda to the mod. Voila tank came off easily.

An issue ive found is the airfkow ring only really goes on in one directionm I.e. I cant invert it to get the smaller airflow settings. I tried a slight twisiting motion and all it did was get completely stuck and when I finally and very carefully got it off there were as what I would describe as metal filings which is weird. If it fits one way why wont it go on the other way which it is supposed to do. Did I get a dud or is that just one of the risks for getting a clone.

Anyways waiting for the rest to arrive and once everything is going nicely ill post all pics

:D :D :D :D
That was funny!

About the ring, Check if there aren't any pieces of metal preventing it form being able to go on the other way around.
Thats the problem with a clone sometimes, their QC isn't as good as with a smaller company that makes them.

If there is, grab a small file and file it down. Even your misses' nail file should work. Just remember I did not make the recommendation. ;)

Which ever mod you can afford providing it can fire down to 0.5ohms or less. The cloupor 30w mini and IPV mini 30w are good options as well as the iStick 30w, you could also get the Aspire CF Mod or even the SMOK Xpro M50. The Subtank mini is 22mm diameter which is the same as the Atlantis.

im rocking a 30w istick with a subtank mini and it pretty damn awesome! good advice. with the airflow wide open its gna suprize you, thats for sure! on the rda section with a .5 build im hitting it between 20 - 25watts and ...... ya.... and..... hehe. you wont regret it.

oooooh damn thats what i get for replying on a post before reading everything hahaha. ok after i read the rest i see what you going for.. all the best bro ;)

im rocking a 30w istick with a subtank mini and it pretty damn awesome! good advice. with the airflow wide open its gna suprize you, thats for sure! on the rda section with a .5 build im hitting it between 20 - 25watts and ...... ya.... and..... hehe. you wont regret it.
Would you care to post a pic of yhe subtank on the istick. I am thinking of getting that combo

I have the same combo. Start off at 0.5ohms. That's where the dark horse shines. It's not an arty for high ohms builds. Too much air flow, and you're not gonna wanna close it off completely. Start off with a dual coil 26g around a 3mm ID. Say about 6 wraps to keep you happy :)
Goodluck mate

Sweet jesus this thing hits like a mule. Coil resistance is at 0.63 ohm. Dont ask what airflow setting im using cus I have no idea. All I know is I got tons of flavour and even more coughs. Hits harder than what my ciggarete was like when I first tried analogs at 15. Will post pics over the weekend when I got time to play around.

What strength do you guys recommend juice wise cus all I have is 12mg, is it too strong a mg cus after one toot I coughed out both lungs and nearly passed out lol

Oh and another noob mistake I did was not make sure the pin on the rda was out far enough to make contact with the battery. First I thought the battery was dead, charged it for a few hours and tried again and I'm like wtf, its not firing. Put it on the ohk meter to make sure it was making contact and ohm was stable.

Sweet jesus this thing hits like a mule. Coil resistance is at 0.63 ohm. Dont ask what airflow setting im using cus I have no idea. All I know is I got tons of flavour and even more coughs. Hits harder than what my ciggarete was like when I first tried analogs at 15. Will post pics over the weekend when I got time to play around.

What strength do you guys recommend juice wise cus all I have is 12mg, is it too strong a mg cus after one toot I coughed out both lungs and nearly passed out lol

Oh and another noob mistake I did was not make sure the pin on the rda was out far enough to make contact with the battery. First I thought the battery was dead, charged it for a few hours and tried again and I'm like wtf, its not firing. Put it on the ohk meter to make sure it was making contact and ohm was stable.

Definitely take it down to 6mg or even 3mg on that setup :D

Hahaha just spent over what I budgeted for. Will suffer till I can get lower nic. Noob mistake once again but at least I know it works.

Hahaha just spent over what I budgeted for. Will suffer till I can get lower nic. Noob mistake once again but at least I know it works.
You can also just lower nic with plain BP grade VG available from your friendly Dischem for about R9 per 50ml. :)

Just get some very cheap (non-nic) VG/PG and dilute the juices you've got to lower the nic level...this has the added benefit of giving you twice as much juice but with reduced flavour - however since you've now got a flavour machine it should work out okay ;)

You can buy some BP grade Glycerin at a pharmacy (which is just VG) or buy some online: VG or PG it's R32 for 250ml. Just dilute your 12mg by an equal amount of PG and/or VG (depending on preference) and you will have 6mg juice :D

Congrats man!

Ha ha!

You must be blowing massive clouds now hey?

The Dark Horse is a fantastic atty!
Keeps the flavour really well and makes epic clouds!

Attachments

• DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 6
Yeah Zodd. So far so good. Fantastic flavour though I cant take deep hits as I have yet to thin out the nicotine. Too lazy at the moment to get fg oil to dilute but from the small toots I take the amount of vapour compared to the nam is insane.

Had a 0.5 ohm single build coil going with 26g and it fires up almost instantly and when tye top is on it looks like a freaken active volcano too cool.
And the vape is just as hot. Hits like a mule. Did a 4/3 wrap as according to vapours toolbox,

Then I was a bit brave and built a 0.6 ohm dual coil. Cloud production wasnt that great but its a cooler vape so I can take longer hits so kinda makes up with clouds. Flavour is better as I can get more in. I do find that the coils take alot longer to heat up cus the singke coil becomes red hot almost instantly whereas with the dual setup it takes almost 1 sec to even get red and then another second to get as bright as the single coil.

The Dual setup also seems to be less violent. Im thinking it may just be a flat battery so its on charge at the moment. (should have forked out and bought a 2nd battery)

The its still more vapour and flavour than nam but I see its a juice monster so she'll stay at home for cloud chasing and ill stick to the all day nam

Back