Lungs not feeling good???

Had the same thing when i set my airflow on the aerotank wrong was sucking to hard on it and caused my lungs to get sore.

Genesis ... Rebuildable ... Are these dripping units ?
ok ... I go googling a bit and see what I can find out bout these ...
Oh ... seems I got my statement wrong - should be:
Hooked to nicotine ... Love my eCigarette :)

Guys you do post valid concerns, which I might say does not make me feel very optimistic as this is my only lifeline between non smoking and 40+ a day, I have no self control when it comes to cigarettes. I have thought of measures as I feel even burning wicks and sniffing the dust is still better than the amount of cigarettes I smoked. 1)Mix your own juices 2)Build your own Pipe to ensure what wick material and what is touched and how long you keep it in there. 3)Regulate your own battery to ensure the vaporisation you prefer. CONCLUSION : Doesn't matter the cloud size (for me) this is to rid me of nicotine, if step 1) 2) and 3) doesn't work (again for me - halfing nicotine levels every month) when I'm nicotine free to ensure a safe/comfortable vape then I'd be quitting vaping aswell.

Have u tried champix ? It's a pill to quit smoking, but it does have some side affects like insomnia

In your post it seems like you just use commercial coils, try a RTA were you choose your wicking materiel. That way you can cut out the culprit

This is what I was going to suggest - rebuildables (RTA and RDA tanks).

This way, you control everything. Nothing burnt should be inhaled. So you can change your wick out before it burns. I'm meticulous with this. So if I get a serious dry hit and the cotton burns, I change it out.

RTA is logically better than drippers, because if it's well wicked, you will avoid the dry hits.

It used to pretty much scare me when I used to pull apart a commercial coil and see how burnt and guncky it would be after a few days. For this reason alone I am put off commercial coils... Because yes, you should not be inhaling ANYTHING burnt.

whew ... been uTubing and googling ... these rebuildables seem crazy ... weeeell then again I used to roll my own and use tar extracting filters ... sooo that waz real crazy and required a lot of kit to carry round ... so mebbe all the fiddly stuff can be overcome ... sorta enjoy the simpler eCig nicotine fix thing - been doing it for years now - no real problems - except now that VISION has discontinued my Atomiser of choice and I have to find a replacement unit:( ... have bought a few units that dont work at all - lung/chest discomfort - I suspect these are prone to the wick burning or something - but I have found some units that do work ok - I like the simplicity of commercial atomisers and am really just looking for pointers on which ones are good... Funnily enough I have found the JustFog (Twisp Clearo type) seems to be ok even with its little synthetic wick ...

Guys you do post valid concerns, which I might say does not make me feel very optimistic as this is my only lifeline between non smoking and 40+ a day, I have no self control when it comes to cigarettes. I have thought of measures as I feel even burning wicks and sniffing the dust is still better than the amount of cigarettes I smoked. 1)Mix your own juices 2)Build your own Pipe to ensure what wick material and what is touched and how long you keep it in there. 3)Regulate your own battery to ensure the vaporisation you prefer. CONCLUSION : Doesn't matter the cloud size (for me) this is to rid me of nicotine, if step 1) 2) and 3) doesn't work (again for me - halfing nicotine levels every month) when I'm nicotine free to ensure a safe/comfortable vape then I'd be quitting vaping aswell.
Hey Vaping works without a doubt better than 40 burnin a day ... I dont want to quit Nicotine really (yet) ... waz easy to stop the cigs ...

This is what I was going to suggest - rebuildables (RTA and RDA tanks).

This way, you control everything. Nothing burnt should be inhaled. So you can change your wick out before it burns. I'm meticulous with this. So if I get a serious dry hit and the cotton burns, I change it out.

RTA is logically better than drippers, because if it's well wicked, you will avoid the dry hits.

It used to pretty much scare me when I used to pull apart a commercial coil and see how burnt and guncky it would be after a few days. For this reason alone I am put off commercial coils... Because yes, you should not be inhaling ANYTHING burnt.

Yea ... thanks for that ... whats RTA = ?? Rebuildable Tank Atomizer mebbe ?

Have u tried champix ? It's a pill to quit smoking, but it does have some side affects like insomnia
Never tried champix, a bunch of guys at work quit with it tho, for me I really felt like keeping some habit while phasing it out...sofar so good.

Yip, RTA - Rebuildable Tank Atomiser
RDA - Rebuilable Dripping Atomiser
OK ... Thanks :) ...
Will look into RTA's ... I like tanks ....
I suppose after having been a roll your own smoker and now a vaper who cleans atomizers to re-use ... this rebuilding cant be that bad ...
Any advice? - my preferences are:
Not too big - work with eGo type batts (have adapter if required) - Juice supply clearly visible
( I mainly use 650 eGo Type batts - but have a few VV Batts - Vision Spinner, iTazte and a 10w iStick)

I suppose after having been a roll your own smoker and now a vaper who cleans atomizers to re-use ... this rebuilding cant be that bad ...
Not too big - work with eGo type batts (have adapter if required) - Juice supply clearly visible
( I mainly use 650 eGo Type batts - but have a few VV Batts - Vision Spinner, iTazte and a 10w iStick)

RTAs (tanks) are amazing all day devices and essential unless you use a bottom fed dripper (Reo) :D

There are tons of options out there, but they all have one thing in common...almost all of them require a bit more oomph than what an ego style battery can deliver - around 15-20W is good, but up to 30W is better. They are also almost always larger than the clearomizers 22mm+ (there are some exceptions, such as the Kayfun 2.1, but they are not that good).

That said, here are some recommendations:
  • Lemo - a nice glass tank device that is very easy to work with. Adjustable airflow, comes in two sizes (3ml/5ml), good flavour/vapour. With airflow closed off this has a nice tightish draw similar to some clearomizers.
  • SubTank Mini - amazing hybrid device that works with both commercial coils as well being rebuildable. RBA is also quite easy to work with and has adjustable airflow and easy refilling. Lowest airflow is still quite "airy", so more suited to direct lung hits. Great vapor and flavour on this one.
  • JoyTech Delta - another hybrid that takes commercial coils while being rebuildable as well. I personally don't have much experience with it, but I've read good things.
  • Taifun GT2 - a clone, but decent quality. Glass tank, adjustable airflow, great flavour. Probably the easiest of the lot to build on and a really nice starter tank. Quite tall though.
  • Kayfun Lite/3.1 - another clone, and quality varies with these (the Heatvape clone is fantastic). Very tight draw (similar to clearomizer) and not all that easy to work with, but a tried and tested device.
This just scratches the surface of what is out there, but these are probably the best place to start. However, as mentioned above, you will almost certainly need to upgrade to a more powerful battery such as the iStick 30W or Cloupor Mini (or equivalent).

PS: all of these tanks have the juice supply clearly visible, with the Lemo+Subtank having it the most visible :D

I tried Zyban and Chamix... Zyban worked, for 3 months, until the pills stopped. Both gave me incredible stomach aches, etc etc and was not all that compatible with my other medications, I.e. bi-polar meds. For me ecigs are a great solution. I also have some discomfort at times, but usually after I over-chain-vaped. Some flavors also seem to be worse than others. At times I get short of breath because of doubles and triple clutching the mAN to get lots of vapor. When doing lung hits on the subtank it is much better. I think we all just overlooked the side effects of stinkies. Also got short of breath on them, my lungs hurt when I smoked too much, got mouth sores and blisters from the hot smoke (while whistling at Teazers, lol).

On tanks, i think @free3dom summed it up nicely.

Do you not mean a 20watt iStick?

Because that will rock a nice 1.0ohm build and up on something like the Lemo or Subtank Mini. The rest might be shy on power.

On tanks, i think @free3dom summed it up nicely.

Do you not mean a 20watt iStick?

Because that will rock a nice 1.0ohm build and up on something like the Lemo or Subtank Mini. The rest might be shy on power.
Problem with iStick 20W the 510 tends to give in (especially with RTAs - Lemo killed mine, and I had to fix it)...and the 30W is only marginally more expensive ;)

RTAs (tanks) are amazing all day devices and essential unless you use a bottom fed dripper (Reo) :D

There are tons of options out there, but they all have one thing in common...almost all of them require a bit more oomph than what an ego style battery can deliver - around 15-20W is good, but up to 30W is better. They are also almost always larger than the clearomizers 22mm+ (there are some exceptions, such as the Kayfun 2.1, but they are not that good).

That said, here are some recommendations:
  • Lemo - a nice glass tank device that is very easy to work with. Adjustable airflow, comes in two sizes (3ml/5ml), good flavour/vapour. With airflow closed off this has a nice tightish draw similar to some clearomizers.
  • SubTank Mini - amazing hybrid device that works with both commercial coils as well being rebuildable. RBA is also quite easy to work with and has adjustable airflow and easy refilling. Lowest airflow is still quite "airy", so more suited to direct lung hits. Great vapor and flavour on this one.
  • JoyTech Delta - another hybrid that takes commercial coils while being rebuildable as well. I personally don't have much experience with it, but I've read good things.
  • Taifun GT2 - a clone, but decent quality. Glass tank, adjustable airflow, great flavour. Probably the easiest of the lot to build on and a really nice starter tank. Quite tall though.
  • Kayfun Lite/3.1 - another clone, and quality varies with these (the Heatvape clone is fantastic). Very tight draw (similar to clearomizer) and not all that easy to work with, but a tried and tested device.
This just scratches the surface of what is out there, but these are probably the best place to start. However, as mentioned above, you will almost certainly need to upgrade to a more powerful battery such as the iStick 30W or Cloupor Mini (or equivalent).

PS: all of these tanks have the juice supply clearly visible, with the Lemo+Subtank having it the most visible :D

Great post @free3dom
You summed it up so well!

Problem with iStick 20W the 510 tends to give in (especially with RTAs - Lemo killed mine, and I had to fix it)...and the 30W is only marginally more expensive ;)

Ya no for sure, if you don't have one get the 30w.

I was asking though, because in his previous post he mentions having a "10w iStick", which I assume must be the 20watt.

AFAIK there is no 10w

Ya no for sure, if you don't have one get the 30w.

I was asking though, because in his previous post he mentions having a "10w iStick", which I assume must be the 20watt.

AFAIK there is no 10w

As @Puff&Pass said, the iStick Mini is 10W...and tiny :p
Unfortunately, it suffers from the same issues as the 20W - that damned 510. But eLeaf fixed that perfectly with the 30W and the 50W and some people use the 20W without any problems :D

And 10W is just not enough to drive an RTA properly :(

Ahhh....that is sad news...I'm tryin to get a small rig that I can recoil myself, not much of a cloud seeker...you tellin me my goal in un achievable...then i'll have to build an Apollo11...lol...

Ahhh....that is sad news...I'm tryin to get a small rig that I can recoil myself, not much of a cloud seeker...you tellin me my goal in un achievable...then i'll have to build an Apollo11...lol...
was aiming for D16 or istick mini, as I only do mouth to lung and prefer restricted airflow...cig like habbit...lol, dnt u get a weaker rebuildable?

was aiming for D16 or istick mini, as I only do mouth to lung and prefer restricted airflow...cig like habbit...lol, dnt u get a weaker rebuildable?

Oversight on my part...for your needs look at the Egrip + RBA base (this AND this). It should suit your needs perfectly!

It's an all in one device, and it's bloody tiny :D

Back