Mech vs DNA40 Squonkers

Well, hell, you guys already have the magic wax! Use it! It won't protect again concrete, but it's great for moisture. I have a Viper on my SVA that spits out the airhole like crazy (because I have a clapton coil installed) and I apply a thin coat of wax every week or so just on top to keep the juice from damaging it. Works really well.
Sucks about that chip Rob... have you tried sanding it down at all? I got a real good deal on my SVA because it had a pretty big chip in it, but I've sanded it, and now you can hardly see it. I'll post some pics of it tomorrow in the daylight.

Ah, yes. Well, you see the marks caused by other people and/or events prior to your possession are, in fact, bogus. It's kinda like a stand-up bit by George Carlin - other people's stuff is crap, while your crap is stuff.

I once lent a mod to a guy at work who's mod had failed that morning. He gave it back 3 months later (I didn't miss it) and it was beat up. I couldn't use it - I hadn't beat it up, you see.

This was a brand new mod direct from the supplier! :(

Sucks about that chip Rob... have you tried sanding it down at all? I got a real good deal on my SVA because it had a pretty big chip in it, but I've sanded it, and now you can hardly see it. I'll post some pics of it tomorrow in the daylight.

I haven't tried the sanding down... but if I sand it down the door won't be flush to the edge of the wood and that will be worse... but the chip is all part of the history... but I will give it some wax and fire it up again... I also see the juice stains have almost disappeared over time... OK let's give the DNA40 another whirl! :D

Squonker,squonkers,squonkers, my HRH also thinks that I don't vape anymore, I start to collect, but the point of the matter is that @Andre, my mentor into squonking once told me that the best way to get into squonking is to get a dedicated mod"Reo" and Atty for a specific flavour. And yes it works. Everytime I get the exact same flavour and throat hit. My regulated mods is only for juice testing, then for the real deal. My only concern is that I found a nice juice too often, and so my Reo family starts growing. So back to the thread, I prefer mechanical squonkers, make my builds to my taste, and mind you every juice and atty got its unique build.

Yip but I'm hnot the McGyver type and if I started to play with clear coat and things I would bugger up the mod real quick. When I first got the fancy SVA DNA I used it quite a lot but the juice started to mark the wood around the 510 and that I didn't enjoy... The only Wood mods that are impervious to juice leaks seem to be the Lil Pinch (and my JB Mods) because of the coating that is done on them... but the internals are pretty flimsy and it's a really expensive mod so it doesn't really go out and about.

Perhaps send it to @hands or @Genosmate

The sva doesn't seem to have a glossy polished coating so I'm thinking that masking off the outside so that the coat of clear only covers the internals. This will make cleaning inside easier.

The outside needs a proper hand polish spa day! Using super fine sandpaper (1000grit and above) to polish the wood to a glass like finish. Then a wipe down with some wax.

I used to treat lots of pool cues in my youth :)

Plus (and I'm not trying to be pedantic), it's not a mech versus regulated issue. I have as many wood mechs as regulated (and I'm liking your suggestion).

I hear you, but soon you will find that our forum has a tendency to drift Or derail completely. This is a natural occurrence and is greatly influenced by the movement of the sea and lunar positions (us being the southern most tip of Africa and all) :)

I haven't tried the sanding down... but if I sand it down the door won't be flush to the edge of the wood and that will be worse... but the chip is all part of the history... but I will give it some wax and fire it up again... I also see the juice stains have almost disappeared over time... OK let's give the DNA40 another whirl! :D
I sanded my chip, which happens to be in the exact same place as yours (I got mine second hand, though, so I don't know how it happened) and the door is still flush. I used 800 grit sand paper, and then treated it with Howards, then some wax. The chip is still there, but I can barely see it.

Back