Clones

Morix

MecHead
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi friends...

There's just something about mechanical tube mods that gets my motor running, for some reason i appreciate a modified steel/mineral pipe more than a modern pice of technology with buttons, flashy lights and a screen. I like the old simple and shiny rather than the techy up to date modernized.

As we all know there are people that like to collect vape gear like mods and rda, rta, rdta etc... Guys and their toys, right? I Happen to be one of these bloaks that hoard vape shit but, to be more specific..... Mech tubes.

Anyone that knows and have dwelled around the mech realm would agree that these can become wallet heavy even more than some of todays up to date merchandise, when looking at medium to high end authentic mods. Here in south africa its hard to get your hands on mechs and the ones you do get are low grade and uses 18650's. ( its 2021, come on.)

Sure there are sites that you can pick up a PURGE or something if it's not sold out. If you do find one available, start your car go to the bank and take a 2nd mortgage on your house so you can be able to buy something authentic.

The true purpose of this post is to know the difference between authentic and clone tubes. What are the differences and dangers involved?

When it comes to rda clones same question? I have heard that clone rda's have a different ( cheaper) deck insulator that can wear faster and not handle the same heat level as a authentic version. Also the materials used in the rdas or mechs are thinner and of cheaper quality. Now this goes without saying, if this is the case... Thread closed, solved and myth busted. But i have also seen and heard of good reviews when it comes to clones. Look, basically i dont what a damn insulator melting on me causing a dead short or some kind of thermal run away. ( now there is a guy at the back screaming " THEN BUY AUTHENTIC!").... Ok kevin.

I truly want to stack up on mechs and some rdas, the pocket just doesn't allow it ( i know you can relate ). If this thread is successful regarding feedback, please provide links as to where the items can be purchased from + waiting periods through your own experience.

I thank you in advance.

Dont forget to check out @ivc_mixer juices. ( real bang for buck and quality 20% off black sale)
&
Pop on by BVC and let @charln show you how coils are supposed to look like.( can last up to 3+ months with proper maintenance )

Disclaimer : I'm not in any way affiliated/sponsored or employed by/with BVC or 5SoN. Honest opinion and reviews.

Last edited:
I have made no secret that I have Dvarw clones from SXK. I am not embarrassed, nor feel guilty or ethically devoid. KHW made the decision not to copyright their product, SXK decided to clone it. Two different markets. I have never had an original and probably could not justify the cost. However I have also accepted that the KHW buyers may have a better experience than me and may have a better quality product.

I won't lose any sleep over it.

If you have intellectual capital or a unique product or design that you have or intend to copyright and that product is stolen, then yes, that is theft and should be treat as such.

I have a bone that size:cool:

Funny bone ?

images

I know people who make a song and dance about people having cloned hardware but will quite happily mix any cloned e-liquid recipe they can get hold of! That's the problem with us humans we just move the goalposts to what's acceptable to meet our own needs!

Not going to name names because it was a good while ago in fact comfortably pre-covid and do not have the emails and messenger messages still to prove it but I swear this is true! I was negotiating with two different High End manufacturers to get products but obviously there is a wait as these products are made in small batches with gaps in between as they manipulate the demand to be higher than the supply so they can charge artificially high prices! I ended both possible purchases when they both let slip they were waiting on machined parts from China, the only clue I will give is one of the manufacturers is a well known Greek manufacturer!
Yes look some of the vape folks that have their own line, bogan and grim green and many others use china manufacturers and they state it to their costomers and that is really honorable = respect. But im sure there are some high end folks that have "home made" mods that use china for the milling or some parts of mechs but they don't disclose it.. The ego will take a knock and the price will have to fall in the medium range instead of high. Kennedy and deathwish closed doors, why? Kennedy now makes torches and deathwish is bought over by a scottish or german folks. These high end guys run out due to their prices. Everyone thats in the mech realm wants a damn kennedy... I known i do, but i cant pay 4-5k for a tube. If there is a specific reason as to why its so damn pricey let the costomers know but that being said buckle up then because ull only be catering for a low population crowd that can afford to buy these. Once all the rich boys have your mod whos going to buy it next? Charging 25 - 30 usd for a fire pin...? Piss off! That mod costs you maximum 50 to 70 usd to make the issue is your 300% markup because ur a little rainbow chaser.

This is my honest opinion. Yes you will make money if you over charge but for a limited time before all those customers have what you sell. If you had put it in the meduim range pricing alot more people could and would buy it therefore extending the time frame of your career and boosting your sales and still u are making mega profit.

Completely handcrafted box mechs different story. (real labor)

I know people have to make money just dont be a doosh and overcharge for shit you know that cost you 10% of what you're asking.

Jy kak op jou eie voorstoep want jys yt gevreet.

Last edited:
Can't agree @Morix

Your goods are worth what people will pay for them, this is capitalism. It is not just about the cost of materials, it is the man hours too and the cost of the experience gained to make the product. If folk want to make a few bucks by making a high end product and charging a lot for it, there will be a market. it does not follow that this will be a lifelong career or business.

I buy cheap takkies, not going to pay Nike prices.

Can't agree @Morix

Your goods are worth what people will pay for them, this is capitalism. It is not just about the cost of materials, it is the man hours too and the cost of the experience gained to make the product. If folk want to make a few bucks by making a high end product and charging a lot for it, there will be a market. it does not follow that this will be a lifelong career or business.

I buy cheap takkies, not going to pay Nike prices.
Yes definitely, but closing doors is just silly. Then again who knows what happened and the actual reason behind it. If the only reason is that no one is buying the mods anymore or not enough then the price should be dropped. If u haven't yet, check the kennedy workshop. Now manufacturers of torches. Sigh.

At least the cheap takkies wont blow ur feet off. :FAPFAP:

Found the Kennedy face book page. It states there that the government has won this battle. Does this not have to do with all the recent licensing for vape products, plus the shipping ban ?

I don't think it has anything to do with customer demand, or lack of. ???

The FDA is unimpressed with your progress toward a healthier lifestyle. On September 9, the agency refused to grant marketing approval for millions of vaping products,

Found the Kennedy face book page. It states there that the government has won this battle. Does this not have to do with all the recent licensing for vape products, plus the shipping ban ?

I don't think it has anything to do with customer demand, or lack of. ???

The FDA is unimpressed with your progress toward a healthier lifestyle. On September 9, the agency refused to grant marketing approval for millions of vaping products,

could be, but there in Australia those ministers have completely forgotten about the advocacy since this covid kak started. according to Sam ( bogan ).

Back