Medical Aid

Nightfearz

Vape Connoisseur
LV

Awards
I am dumbfounded. The shear lack of coverage is astounding. My daughter was born with congenital cataracts in both eyes, and was for the most part blind. She has had 2 operations to have her lenses in her eyes removed, and now has to wear glasses/contact lenses (she is 6 months old). I phoned PPN today to find out how much of her specs they will cover. here is the breakdown
Scenario 1
they cover R550 for a frame (this is fine since the frame I picked is R530)
They cover R140 per lens for the frame (the lenses cost R1500 per lens)
total
they cover R830 of a R3500 spectacle. which is not like a small shortfall, it is huge!!
Scenario 2
Contact lenses cost R1100 per lens, and they cover R1000 for both, but i need to provide motivation for the contact lenses, as she is under 16Years.

just thought I'd vent a bit

hi Nightfearz

sorry to hear about your daughter.

medical aids FIND a way to screw you 5 days from sunday. thats how they work.

unless you on the highest option with any medical aid, you going to have to fork out some moola for any ops/ claims

That i realize Riaz, but like i said, if the shortfall was a couple of hundred bucks, that'd be one thing, but they pay only about 15% of it. Guess my evic head will wait a few months..

Move to Discovery, and get the Classic Priority plan.

It is affordable.
It is the 2nd highest plan in the classic range. It covers virtually everything.
It covered 99% birthing cost on both my kids.
It covered both my specs, as well as prescription sunglasses, each over 2 grand.
I've claimed some pretty expensive stuff in the past, and never had to pay in!

Really look at it. I will whatsapp my broker's number to you. At the very least, just get him out and have a chat with him.

Back