Melo 3 Mini problem

Vape0206

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey Vapers

So yesterday i dropped my setup and damaged my tank. The glass survived but now the tank is looking a bit skew. When i screw it on the mod it doesnt sit flush and the mod doesnt read the atty. The afc ring also appears loose and it has also started leaking.

I have already started looking for another tank but is the anything that can be done to save my melo 3 mini tank.

The best pic i could take

318f9db8f8cbf16a93121263ff2cc15e.jpg

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

I would have tried a pair of pliers and some force to align it again. Nothing to lose.

The afc is completely loose so it moves as it wants lol.. It seems like the base of the tank and the top of the tank is not aligned properly anymore

The first thing I would check is the 510 pin of the tank. I have never owned a Melo 3 however, I'm assuming the pin is adjustable by using a flat head screw driver. If your mods no longer reads your tank, and assuming that the mod is absolutely healthy, it can only be related to a break in circuit or too low resistance (a short). Ensure that the pin is not loose, and check that the insulator is still in tact (hence the 510 pin is not touching the barrel.

If the chimney is a bit bent, dismantle the tank, use a snub nose pliers to straighten it and check all of your o-rings to reduce the leakage.

The first thing I would check is the 510 pin of the tank. I have never owned a Melo 3 however, I'm assuming the pin is adjustable by using a flat head screw driver. If your mods no longer reads your tank, and assuming that the mod is absolutely healthy, it can only be related to a break in circuit or too low resistance (a short). Ensure that the pin is not loose, and check that the insulator is still in tact (hence the 510 pin is not touching the barrel.

If the chimney is a bit bent, dismantle the tank, use a snub nose pliers to straighten it and check all of your o-rings to reduce the leakage.
Thanx for the advice. The 510 is non adjustable. I'll check the chimney out later.

The one side of the base is sitting flush and the other is not

Thanx for the advice. The 510 is non adjustable. I'll check the chimney out later.

hello there @Vape02 .. I seen a similar thing on my mates tank ,,the 510 threaded connector was bent..when you scsrew the tank in the top kinda wobbles about because its not straight inline with the 510 threaded connector on the tank.. I wouldn't try and straighten it while it is screwed into the mod ,,,I repaired my mates one we had a dead ijust battery lying around and I screwed the tank into it and then bent the 510 connector straight again was a bit of a fiddle had to be cautious as I didn't want to snap the connector off the bottom of the tank but it worked and the melo3 works perfectly again as for the loose afc control I have no idea,,,

hello there @Vape02 .. I seen a similar thing on my mates tank ,,the 510 threaded connector was bent..when you scsrew the tank in the top kinda wobbles about because its not straight inline with the 510 threaded connector on the tank.. I wouldn't try and straighten it while it is screwed into the mod ,,,I repaired my mates one we had a dead ijust battery lying around and I screwed the tank into it and then bent the 510 connector straight again was a bit of a fiddle had to be cautious as I didn't want to snap the connector off the bottom of the tank but it worked and the melo3 works perfectly again as for the loose afc control I have no idea,,,
Sounds like that is what i need to do but im gonna have to find another way to do it because i only have the one mod. Thanx for the advice guy.

Sounds like that is what i need to do but im gonna have to find another way to do it because i only have the one mod. Thanx for the advice guy.

no worries @Vape0206 , its gonna be difficult without screwing it in to something , just for intrest according to the internet the 510 thread is 7mm x 0.5mm , my tanks and attys threads measure around 6.4mm so I made myself a building platform for my attys/tanks ,, got a piece of the plastic breadboard material (polyethelene ) 10mm thick and drilled a 6mm hole through it and screwed the tank into the hole , its soft so the tank makes its own threads into the plastic .. try this with a piece of hard wood or plastic it may be enough to hold the tank without doing damage to the threads while u bend it back into shape ..good luck..;-)

Thanx bru.. Much appreciated

@AlexL, cant thank you enough for your advice.. It worked perfectly on the first try.. Its vaping like usual again, just the afc that's still loose but works fine.. Now to get me some fresh ccell coils

@AlexL, cant thank you enough for your advice.. It worked perfectly on the first try.. Its vaping like usual again, just the afc that's still loose but works fine.. Now to get me some fresh ccell coils

nice one man, glad I could give some helpful advice and more importantly that you are vaping again ;)

The pin is actually adjustable. It can be pulled out, using a tweaser or lady-nails.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Back