Merlin Mini RTA By Augvape Review

And how are you finding the re-filling? This is a beautiful little tank, but the fact that it empties out so fast was just too much for me!

Am still on my first tankful @Stosta ;-)
Am vaping it at low power (around 12W) so its not emptying too fast
Will let you know soon because i see my liquid level is already on the "chimney part"
I doubt this will replace the Lemo1 though for "working on the computer" duty but I want to try without the airflow restrictor to see how it goes.

Then my plan is to try it in mouth to lung mode perhaps with the small restrictor and a strong tobacco juice.

Am still on my first tankful @Stosta ;-)
Am vaping it at low power (around 12W) so its not emptying too fast
Will let you know soon because i see my liquid level is already on the "chimney part"
I doubt this will replace the Lemo1 though for "working on the computer" duty but I want to try without the airflow restrictor to see how it goes.

Then my plan is to try it in mouth to lung mode perhaps with the small restrictor and a strong tobacco juice.
See I like to vape around 25W, but that tank just seems to empty out in minutes. My Subtank lasts me half a day if I'm chain-vaping, but this thing is empty in 20 to 30 minutes.

So even though I'm a small-time juice consumer, I still couldn't cope with this empty rate!

I managed to get the airflow restrictor out on my Merlin Mini without rebuilding the coil. Just lifted the coil a bit and carefully wedged a flat screwdriver in the restrictor slot and got it loose then gently unscrewed it.

And the verdict?
It's a great vape. Better than with the mid size restrictor.

It's a smooth vape. Very balanced. Lovely.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1486063236.132309.jpg

But it's not my Lemo1. It's not as sharp. It's more rounded and a bit softer.

I am testing the same juice here that I know well (my Strawberry Ice blend)

It also dumped quite a bit of juice all over my minikin 1.5 after I filled and then opened the airflow. These tanks !

Another thing - the draw is now a bit too loose. When I close down the airflow to about a quarter it's about right - but it doesn't feel the same. I don't know if I am just too fussy with these things (probably am) but I believe that most tanks have a 'natural' airflow where everything feels right. Adjusting it too much doesn't always work well.

Lastly, I have been Vaping it for about the last half hour and it's almost empty!!!! And that's with a 1.4 ohm coil at about only 15 Watts.
@Stosta the tank size is waaaaay too small. You were right.

Anyhow - it is a super smooth, well balanced and nicely rounded vape. I do like it a lot. But it's just not going to replace my Lemo1 for pinprick sharp Strawberry Ice restricted lung hits at low power.

I think I may have to move on to tobaccoes and put in the small restrictor to see how it goes on MTL.

Sometimes I feel sad when I spend quite a bit of time on something and it doesn't work out like I had hoped. Will have to regroup and let the quest continue another day....

Has anyone got advice on how to build on these tanks (Merlin Mini, Serpent Mini, etc) with economy in mind? The juice consumption is just ridiculous :cursing:

Has anyone got advice on how to build on these tanks (Merlin Mini, Serpent Mini, etc) with economy in mind? The juice consumption is just ridiculous :cursing:
What is juice economy?

1ohm coil 9mg juice and 15w.
3ml should last you a day.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

What is juice economy?

1ohm coil 9mg juice and 15w.
3ml should last you a day.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

This is the problem @Gazzacpt
On this tank I am vaping a 1.4 ohm 28g Kanthal simple single coil
At about 12.5 Watts. My juice is about 12mg.
And the 2ml disappeared in about half an hour. I would love to have counted puffs

On my Lemo1 i have the exact same coil and the same power and I use it at the computer while working - sometimes chain vaping puff after puff - and the 4ml lasts me about two days.

Although i havent done puff counts I can almost say with certainty that the Merlin Mini goes through juice faster. Boggling as to why - because it should be about the same. Maybe its because of more airflow and better wicking. Dont know.

Last edited:
This is the problem @Gazzacpt
On this tank I am vaping a 1.4 ohm 28g Kanthal simple single coil
At about 12.5 Watts
And the 2ml disappeared in about half an hour. I would love to have counted puffs

On my Lemo1 i have the exact same coil and the same power and I use it at the computer while working - sometimes chain vaping puff after puff - and the 4ml lasts me about two days.

Although i havent done puff counts I can almost say with certainty that the Merlin Mini goes through juice faster. Boggling as to why - because it should be about the same. Maybe its because of more airflow and better wicking. Dont know.
Completely agree here, and it can only lead me to two assumptions:

1. There is a hidden factor that we haven't taken into account that is effecting the juice consumption on this tank. However I truly don't belive this is the case, more likely it's...

2. Not actually a 2ml tank? I never managed to measure it and have since swapped mine out due to exactly this problem... It's actualy a RDA! :rolleyes:

Interestingly @Stosta - when i come across a juice guzzler or a device that uses up juice faster - i normally can tell as much because the flavour is usually richer. Avo 24 is a case in point. It guzzles more juice but the flavour is deep and rich and very "dense"

Not so with this one

I have a theory though. Am thinking it has to do with the way the vapour is channelled up to the mouth. Maybe it is actually denser from using more juice but the channelling and flow of the vapour doesnt make it seem to taste like that. And maybe the Lemo1 just has a different type of vapour flow with its longer chimney and the shape. Have no idea. But it could be a factor.

Interestingly @Stosta - when i come across a juice guzzler or a device that uses up juice faster - i normally can tell as much because the flavour is usually richer. Avo 24 is a case in point. It guzzles more juice but the flavour is deep and rich and very "dense"

Not so with this one

I have a theory though. Am thinking it has to do with the way the vapour is channelled up to the mouth. Maybe it is actually denser from using more juice but the channelling and flow of the vapour doesnt make it seem to taste like that. And maybe the Lemo1 just has a different type of vapour flow with its longer chimney and the shape. Have no idea. But it could be a factor.
Could well be! I agree that consumption like this would usually result in a "fuller" flavour, so it could quite well be just the airflow and vapour dynamics. Where's @Ezekiel when we need him?

I finally got my hands on the Merlin Mini RTA by Augvape. I have been using this RTA for a week and a half now and decided to post my thoughts on it.

Lately we’ve been seeing a lot of small and compact RTA’s on the market and many people prefer them due to the great flavor they produce. The Augvape Merlin Mini is an excellent little RTA that performs brilliantly. If you had used the previous 4ml Merlin RTA, you would know that the Merlin RTA is known for its excellent flavor and its velocity styled single coil deck. The Merlin Mini RTA is no different with flavor, it produces excellent flavor and is simple enough for anyone to use.

As you can tell by the name, the Augvape Merlin Mini RTA is the smaller brother of the Augvape Merlin RTA and has inherited all of the great features of the original. The Merlin Mini is a 24mm, 2ml RTA and features 2 build decks, a single and a dual to suit your building preference and vaping style. I have only used the single coil option as I am a huge fan of single coil RTA’s. The tank has a simple and easy to use top fill system and has adjustable airflow control with 3 different airflow settings/styles to cater for all users. You can use it as a full Mouth to Lung setup with the airflow screw inserted or as a Direct Lung Hit with it removed.
Merlin and Merlin Mini:
View attachment 78461

Here are some of the specs:

· 24mm*42.3 mm
· Capacity: 2 ML
· 304 Stainless Steel
· Comes with 2 18mm decks
· Single coil deck pre-installed
· 2*2 mm squared post holes
· Single 4.5 mm internal air-holes
· Comes with 2mm & 1.5mm airflow hole inserts
· 4*4 mm juice holes
· Dual coil deck
· 2*2.5 mm post holes
· Dual 3*5 mm squared air-holes
· Velocity style dual coil deck
· 3 mm diameter juice holes
· Peek insulator
· Gold plated brass contact
· 2*12 mm bottom air-holes

What you get in the box:
View attachment 78462

Building and wicking this tank was very easy. I decided to remove the airflow inserts/screw as I prefer a restrictive lung hit. If you prefer a mouth to lung style setup, they include 2 different sized inserts which you can screw in to suit your style. The 18mm single coil deck allows you to chuck in some massive builds. I used a single twisted Clapton and it fitted in without a problem. Wicking was rather simple and doesn’t require much expertise at all. This RTA has no problem with high VG juices and that is because of its huge juice holes. The Merlin Mini does not have juice flow control like its predecessor and that's because of its compact size. So far I did not have any leaking at all with this RTA and its been vaping like a dream. The airflow on the tank is extremely smooth and with the screw removed, I would say it has slightly less airflow than the Serpent Mini 25 but it’s still good enough. With the smallest airflow screw inserted, it becomes a mouth to lung style vape and it performs really well as a mouth to lung setup. You get a nice tight draw. If you’ve been searching for the perfect Mouth To Lung RTA, this is the one to get. The top fill system works well and has massive openings for easy filling. The one thing I liked about this RTA was that I did not get any spit back after refilling like I do with the serpent mini 25. The drip tip they include is extremely comfortable and definitely the best drip tip that comes with a tank. If you wish, you can remove the drip tip and use your own as well. The build quality is excellent and the threads are nice and smooth.

View attachment 78463

Augvape have done an excellent job with this tank. They took the original idea of the 4ml Merlin and have improved on a few things. I love that they made this tank for all users with the idea of the different airflow inserts and included 2 build decks with it.The draw on the tank is nice and smooth and the flavor it produces is excellent. I’m a huge fan of the 4ml Merlin but this Merlin mini is a step up from that RTA. It may be due to its size and design that it produces excellent flavor as expected. I don’t mind the 2ml capacity because of how easy it is to refill it but I do hope that Augvape plan on making an extension for it like you get for the SMOK Micro TFV4.

View attachment 78464

Overall, it’s an excellent RTA at a great price with a lot of options and caters for all users. If you’re flavor chaser this RTA is exactly what you should be looking at. I love how versatile this RTA is, you could use it as a MTL setup or a DL setup just by inserting or removing a screw and it performs excellent in either setup. I think it's excellent especially for the price.

At the moment, the only vendor that has this RTA in stock is Vape Cartel (@KieranD @capetocuba) for R460.

If you guys have any questions regarding this tank, feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.
Other than those wicks looking too wet, no. Next time rewicking, just use 3-4 drops of juice on the coil only and 1 drop on each tail. If those sounds a bit strange, do this: put 3 drops on the coil, press fire button until you see some vapor and stop.... repeat 2 times and then you'll see the tails already (a little) saturated. Then just screw everything on and vape.
I interested in the merlin mini but I see guys on YouTube say it has an annoying whistling sound while vaping - is this true or not

Received mine today.

Seems well built and sturdy.

I'm hoping to build on it tonight.

Will be going for dual coils.

Some great advice here on wicking and so on, thank you

Received mine today.

Seems well built and sturdy.

I'm hoping to build on it tonight.

Will be going for dual coils.

Some great advice here on wicking and so on, thank you
Keep in mind that with dual coils you'll be needing to refill very often.

I don't think it can be much different to the SM25 on duals?

I fill mine up very frequently
I got rid of mine because even with a 0.8ohm single coil build at 25W, I was having to refill it too often. Running it on dual coils will pretty much turn it into a dripper! :-D

I never managed to figure out exactly why it needed refilling so often. I know its a small tank, but it really was excessive for my liking.

I got rid of mine because even with a 0.8ohm single coil build at 25W, I was having to refill it too often. Running it on dual coils will pretty much turn it into a dripper! :-D

I never managed to figure out exactly why it needed refilling so often. I know its a small tank, but it really was excessive for my liking.
Yeah with dual coils it's like a dripper

Ok maybe I should consider the single coil option then

Back