Merlin RDTA By Augvape

Does the top cap get hot?
I loved my avo 24, flavour was excellent the only real con was the top cap would get so hot it would burn my lips.
So i flogged it.

It does seem to get hot BUT the risk of burning your lips is mostly mitigated by the drip tip which stays reasonably cool. I don't foresee it being a problem for me but maybe if you had a bigger build running at higher wattage it could be. Although the post holes are big it doesn't seem there is loads of space between where your coils would sit for optimal airflow and the inside of the top cap. That said 3mm id fused Clapton fit with room to spare.

It does seem to get hot BUT the risk of burning your lips is mostly mitigated by the drip tip which stays reasonably cool. I don't foresee it being a problem for me but maybe if you had a bigger build running at higher wattage it could be. Although the post holes are big it doesn't seem there is loads of space between where your coils would sit for optimal airflow and the inside of the top cap. That said 3mm id fused Clapton fit with room to spare.

I never ran my avo with a massive build, ran kanthal aliens 2.4 id 5 wrap at 45watts and chain vapping was a no no on it cause of how hot it got.
Thats what put me off rdta.

I never ran my avo with a massive build, ran kanthal aliens 2.4 id 5 wrap at 45watts and chain vapping was a no no on it cause of how hot it got.
Thats what put me off rdta.
If you chain vape it, it does get hot. I have chain vaped mine at 70w and continued vaping without even realizing it was hot. As @Jus_Joos Has said, the drip tip doesn't get hot so you won't even know when the RDTA is hot unless you touch it. I don't find it much of a problem for me as I hardly ever need to open up the top cap unless I' refilling or something like that.

Right pulled the trigger on the Merlin and got some xxx and SNLV just waiting for the battery to charge and il give my feedback , shout out to the guys at @sirvape real nice bunch of okes really welcoming and helpful , keep it up gents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right pulled the trigger on the Merlin and got some xxx and SNLV just waiting for the battery to charge and il give my feedback , shout out to the guys at @sirvape real nice bunch of okes really welcoming and helpful , keep it up gents

Try out the SNLV first. I suspect XXX menthol will give you a punch in the chest
@Sir Vape @ET and @BigGuy are always on top of the game

Batteries on charge now for 3 hours with external charger , should it take that long though guy told me 2 hours max , batteries are chocolates

That is nothing to worry about. LG chocs are 3000mah and take a little longer to charge then normal cells. The guy who served you most probably thought that you had a charger like theirs (at that store) which charge at 1A across all bays. The i4 which I'm assuming you have give 0.25A or 0.5A of charge across the 4 bays when you charge more than 2 cells so it will take long.

That is nothing to worry about. LG chocs are 3000mah and take a little longer to charge then normal cells. The guy who served you most probably thought that you had a charger like theirs (at that store) which charge at 1A across all bays. The i4 which I'm assuming you have give 0.25A or 0.5A of charge across the 4 bays when you charge more than 2 cells so it will take long.

Okay cool thanks , been through like 3 tanks so far , 2 with SNLV and 1 with xxx . I must say xxx is the bomb no lie , fully charged batteries at 60w on the therion and batteries already 25% down , is this normal ?? I was expecting better battery life

Okay cool thanks , been through like 3 tanks so far , 2 with SNLV and 1 with xxx . I must say xxx is the bomb no lie , fully charged batteries at 60w on the therion and batteries already 25% down , is this normal ?? I was expecting better battery life

Should be right, you did 3 tanks on it so that explains it.

sooooooooooooo @daniel craig - we were on the money, look at what GrimmGreen had to say about the Merlin RDTA

Yeah this thing is an excellent performer! I think the DRUGA RDA should have used the same build deck as this Merlin RDTA. This RDTA post holes are massive and good enough for most big builds and such a breeze to work on. On the Druga, after using it for a while I figured that it could of been even better. The groove for the screwdriver could of been deeper and the overall build deck should of been like this RDTA. The Druga build deck isn't difficult or anything like that but if it used this build deck, it would be a perfect RDA in all aspects.

Right so I dropped by at vape cartel today and they re wicked and changed my coils for me to some coil master nano coils and damn what a difference in flavour geewiz, I'm impressed with the build my flavour and battery lasts much longer than the previous build I had in there , @vapecartel big ups gents those flavors I tried out today were smooth I sure as hell will be back

The juice consumption is heavier than a dripper, but still way less compared to an Avo 24. Currently running Ni80 Flapton Coils at 0.2 ohms and it's definitely a bit heavier than my previous build of plain 24g Ni80 at 0.4 ohm coils. The flavour is just brilliant with the Flapton wire though.

The juice consumption is heavier than a dripper, but still way less compared to an Avo 24. Currently running Ni80 Flapton Coils at 0.2 ohms and it's definitely a bit heavier than my previous build of plain 24g Ni80 at 0.4 ohm coils. The flavour is just brilliant with the Flapton wire though.

i'll give the flats a bash next time round

Anybody keep on getting liquid in their mouths from certain liquids , this is starting to piss me off that i have to taste liquid constantly , it happened with naked berry and Ncv frozen like alot that i have to spit it out to carry on vaping, also the tank is a major leaker for me not every refill it leaks but sometimes it does , tank needs to be upright most of the time

Anybody keep on getting liquid in their mouths from certain liquids , this is starting to piss me off that i have to taste liquid constantly , it happened with naked berry and Ncv frozen like alot that i have to spit it out to carry on vaping, also the tank is a major leaker for me not every refill it leaks but sometimes it does , tank needs to be upright most of the time

What coils are you using? I haven't gotten a single leak on mine. Refilling hasn't been an issue for mine. I haven't gotten leaking when refilling. If you leave it on its side I think it will leak because the coils are positioned just above that airflow slot.

hey bro coil company fused Nano coils , paid like 70 bucks from cartel , i also bought the slightly bigger ones and will give it a bash on my next build
I would suggest that you use a coil with a larger ID (3mm-4mm) should be good. Make sure that your cotton sits snug in those coils. You don't want it too tight or loose (it should have some restriction to it when pulling). I think this will sort out some of your issues.

When you leave the RDTA on its side, the wicks get over saturated and when this happens you'll get 'Burst Shots' which is slightly different from spit back. You'll notice that the 'spit back' is not with ever puff but rather it goes away after like 2 or 3 puffs and returns when you leave the mod and come back after a period of time.

Back