Minikin 2

Jarred

New Vaper
LV

Awards
hi all,

Some insight or help would be much appreciated. I recently purchased a Minikin 2 180w for my fiancé.

It worked fine in the beginning however now when we switch it off it has the charging symbols on with the two batteries.

Also it won't fire at all, just states "no fire" we tried different batteries (lg chocolates and Sony vt6s) still to no avail.

It's quite a dilemma as we ordered online and stay in East London which doesn't have any vape stores around.

To my knowledge there isn't any new firmware updates available.

Thanks so much

Hi @Jarred

A couple of questions:
1) How long ago did you purchase it?
2) did the vendor you purchase it from provide you with any warranty of sorts? If so, how long is the warranty for?
3) have you tried to contact the vendor you purchased it from to ask for help on what you could do to remedy it?

Hi @Jarred

A couple of questions:
1) How long ago did you purchase it?
2) did the vendor you purchase it from provide you with any warranty of sorts? If so, how long is the warranty for?
3) have you tried to contact the vendor you purchased it from to ask for help on what you could do to remedy it?
Hi!

About two weeks ago. What I can do is phone them tomorrow and see what they say. Yeah

Dont damage the mod trying to remedy it before you chat to them

I dont know how to advise you on it though maybe someone else can assist

Hey man. Please let us know of the outcome.

How have you been charging the batteries? In or Externally?

I am in it for either a v2 or an Alien later this month and quite undecided so every bot of feedback helps me make an informed decision.

If you do not come right and its a shitty vendor not interested in helping I can try and help you local.

Open/check for loose wires etc.

But I am sure vendor will help you.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Hey man. Please let us know of the outcome.

How have you been charging the batteries? In or Externally?

I am in it for either a v2 or an Alien later this month and quite undecided so every bot of feedback helps me make an informed decision.

If you do not come right and its a shitty vendor not interested in helping I can try and help you local.

Open/check for loose wires etc.

But I am sure vendor will help you.

Im also torn between the alien and the v2 minikin. I saw a review that said the minikin is a bit more of a fingerprint magnet which makes me lean towards the alien. Also, the touch screen isn't always the most responsive (heard from review). The thing i love about the v2 is its overall look. Its very clean looking. And it fits 25mm tanks with no overhang. Theres a slight overhang on the alien which might eventually drive me insane.

Decisions decisions

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

Im also torn between the alien and the v2 minikin. I saw a review that said the minikin is a bit more of a fingerprint magnet which makes me lean towards the alien. Also, the touch screen isn't always the most responsive (heard from review). The thing i love about the v2 is its overall look. Its very clean looking. And it fits 25mm tanks with no overhang. Theres a slight overhang on the alien which might eventually drive me insane.

Decisions decisions

And sir vape has military green on pre order ooooh. I already got my alien yesterday but now selling the fuchai also. so monthend it will be another new mod.

And sir vape has military green on pre order ooooh. I already got my alien yesterday but now selling the fuchai also. so monthend it will be another new mod.

If i could get me 2 mods it would be those 2. Hows the alien?

its nice

Much of a muchness except form and the small size which are the features I really look for.

Liking it much better in hand and pocket than the rx2/3.

its nice

Much of a muchness except form and the small size which are the features I really look for.

Liking it much better in hand and pocket than the rx2/3.

Thats awesome.. I used my buddy's rx2/3 and loved the feel.. Was gonna get that before i saw the alien.

Mind made up. Gunmetal alien for the win

Thats awesome.. I used my buddy's rx2/3 and loved the feel.. Was gonna get that before i saw the alien.

Mind made up. Gunmetal alien for the win

I just want to add a 2 cents when it comes to the alien. I have had it for a bit longer than most apart from @Sickboy77 and a few others and I loved it when I got it and still do. BUT after everyday usage I noticed that it scuffs extremely easily, and I mean like really easily. For everyone else's sake I hope it was just mine that had a really bad paint job as I am by no means rough with the device. I never set it down on a counter without there being something soft underneath, I never put it in my pockets with anything else and I make sure there is no sand or grit in my pockets and yet there are so many scuffs on the mod.

I am really disappointed at how the finish deteriorated in such a short amount of time and I am actually considering selling the mod, if I even can considering the condition through no fault of my own. A friend of mine got the Minikin V2 on the exact same day as I did the alien and his device still looks brilliant with zero scuff marks.

And apart from the scuffs, the way the trigger just lost tension after two weeks is also another let down, I do not want to open a mod and apply a fix to something after two weeks but what choice do I have, as it is really annoying having this loos'ish fire bar.

The mod feels great, performs very well but those little issues taints it for me as I hate marks and rattles on a mod.

I will check the authenticity later but doubt its not an original smok product.

I am probably the one guy that got a crappy mod, as I expect others to tell me how happy they are with it. Kinda sux but hey, I guess it happens.

@Imtiaaz I have both the Alien and a Minkin V2... and yes you are right the look of the mod of the Minikin V2 will certainly outlast the Alien no question... but having said that my Alien has stood up really well so far as has it's fire button... I haven't given the Alien any special attention and it is still in perfect condition without so much as a scuff mark. Granted I have a few mods so none of them get a really heavy usage...

At the end of the day my 3 Asmodus mods get most of the useage... Minikin VGod edition, Kodama and my Minikin V2... the V2 is pretty irritating with it's touch screen but I set it and leave it.

@Imtiaaz I have both the Alien and a Minkin V2... and yes you are right the look of the mod of the Minikin V2 will certainly outlast the Alien no question... but having said that my Alien has stood up really well so far as has it's fire button... I haven't given the Alien any special attention and it is still in perfect condition without so much as a scuff mark. Granted I have a few mods so none of them get a really heavy usage...

At the end of the day my 3 Asmodus mods get most of the useage... Minikin VGod edition, Kodama and my Minikin V2... the V2 is pretty irritating with it's touch screen but I set it and leave it.

I just can't make sense of it Oom @Rob Fisher. I always carry two mods with me at all times, so I am not using it solely on any given day and wouldn't have expect this at all. It has really upset me as I am always super cautious with any mod and to have it deteriorate like this after taken such good care of it is discouraging.

I can't really do anything about it now though and just hope its a once off. I mean even my wattage up down button scuffed off, un-heard of. I have had the H-priv for over 3months now and it still looks amazing.

I just can't make sense of it Oom @Rob Fisher. I always carry two mods with me at all times, so I am not using it solely on any given day and wouldn't have expect this at all. It has really upset me as I am always super cautious with any mod and to have it deteriorate like this after taken such good care of it is discouraging.

I can't really do anything about it now though and just hope its a once off. I mean even my wattage up down button scuffed off, un-heard of. I have had the H-priv for over 3months now and it still looks amazing.

Yip that's not kewl... but at the end of the day given the choice I would take a Minikin every time... I am not a fan of Smok at all and literally hate some of thier products in the past... but the Alien has been impressive. I took it with on the boat fishing on Saturday and the mod really got bounced around in the cup holder and it didn't scuff at all.

@Imtiaaz thats a crap one bru. My mind was made up, now not so much.

I must say I've had a few mods. But the minikin v2 has stuck with me I love it. Great power and chip. Such a nice feel, small and real handy with the ability to be compact yet very powerful. Screen hasn't bothered me at all. The first took getting used to but I don't mess around with my settings much I set it and vape away. And the best is how the 25 mm attys look on it. It was made for ur sm25's and pharaohs... Totally love it. Totally reliable and a great great finish to it

@Scouse45 ive heard the finish of the v2 is a bit of a fingerprint magnet, is this true?

To me I don't think so at all!! Actually the finish always look tidy, juice is easily wiped off doesn't leave marks doesn't hold my prints at all. Best finish on a mod I've had and I've owned about 12 mods. Maybe the screen will hold a fingerprint but I've never once noticed it looking anything but tidy.

To me I don't think so at all!! Actually the finish always look tidy, juice is easily wiped off doesn't leave marks doesn't hold my prints at all. Best finish on a mod I've had and I've owned about 12 mods. Maybe the screen will hold a fingerprint but I've never once noticed it looking anything but tidy.
Thats awesome. Think i should get me this

Thats awesome. Think i should get me this

I'm really not trying to discourage you @Vape0206 as it is an amazing mod and it might just have been my one that has thin skin, lol. Best thing to do is try and get hold of each and play around with it, feel it, vape it and then decide. If mine didn't scuff so easily and loose tension on the fire bar, it would be for me, the perfect mod.

The day I got it, scratch free and a nice firm fire bar, I couldn't have asked for anything more.

I'm really not trying to discourage you @Vape0206 as it is an amazing mod and it might just have been my one that has thin skin, lol. Best thing to do is try and get hold of each and play around with it, feel it, vape it and then decide. If mine didn't scuff so easily and loose tension on the fire bar, it would be for me, the perfect mod.

The day I got it, scratch free and a nice firm fire bar, I couldn't have asked for anything more.
I understand what you saying bru but you not the first person to mention it lol.. I initially wanted the minikin but then decided to wait for the smok and see how people find it. The minikin does seem like it will outlast the smok and im not looking to get anything after this upgrade so the minikin is looking like a good option. Plus my ijoy combo should be delivered tomorrow and it will look awesome on the v2

I understand what you saying bru but you not the first person to mention it lol.. I initially wanted the minikin but then decided to wait for the smok and see how people find it. The minikin does seem like it will outlast the smok and im not looking to get anything after this upgrade so the minikin is looking like a good option. Plus my ijoy combo should be delivered tomorrow and it will look awesome on the v2

Sorry, what was that?

97ae6fcd6da5d22477d5dca03b135b7d.jpg

Back