Minikin or snow wolf mini?

Dominica

Filthy Casual
LV

Awards
Hey all,

My current set up is a Koopor Plus and a Griffin. I find the Koopor is way too big and I don't need 200w. I'm trying to decide whether to replace it with the Minikin or the Snow Wolf Mini, and I'm finding it impossible. I've read a lot on both mods and I've read more negative feedback on the Snow Wolf than on the Minikin. I'm sorta leaning towards the Minikin for the dual 18650s and wattage, but the Snow Wolf is so pretty...

So my questions basically are:

Snow Wolf mini owners:
Why do you love your Snow Wolf? Have you had any negatives with your mod?

Minikin owners:
Why do you love your Minikin? Have you owned a Minikin and regretted it?

Thanks!

Snow Wolf looks really beautiful, the finish is stunning and it's really simple to use. I vape at 30 watts mainly so it's perfect. I also had two Minikins... the Blue one I sold because the gap between the mod and the battery cover was more than I can stand... I have kept my limited edition Minikin that doesn't suffer the same annoying gap and I it has 2 x 18650 and has higher power if I need it for some application.

But maybe this picture will tell you which one I prefer...
SNowMinikin 001.JPG

Hey all,

My current set up is a Koopor Plus and a Griffin. I find the Koopor is way too big and I don't need 200w. I'm trying to decide whether to replace it with the Minikin or the Snow Wolf Mini, and I'm finding it impossible. I've read a lot on both mods and I've read more negative feedback on the Snow Wolf than on the Minikin. I'm sorta leaning towards the Minikin for the dual 18650s and wattage, but the Snow Wolf is so pretty...

So my questions basically are:

Snow Wolf mini owners:
Why do you love your Snow Wolf? Have you had any negatives with your mod?

Minikin owners:
Why do you love your Minikin? Have you owned a Minikin and regretted it?

Thanks!
I owned both and i love the minikin.

But first let me ask you at what watts do you vape 90% of the time?

Edit: And at what Ohm's do you build?

b43958d0300f64eac0bfbdd3c36b298a.jpg

Last edited:
Snow Wolf looks really beautiful, the finish is stunning and it's really simple to use. I vape at 30 watts mainly so it's perfect. I also had two Minikins... the Blue one I sold because the gap between the mod and the battery cover was more than I can stand... I have kept my limited edition Minikin that doesn't suffer the same annoying gap and I it has 2 x 18650 and has higher power if I need it for some application.

View attachment 51104
Those are some gorgeous mods nice to see them beside a Minikin for size comparison. how long have you had them for ? I've read some people that bought the mini and it stopped working 2 months later.

Only problem is Asmodus has no more black ones and my Griffin is black. I need my mod and tank to match else it drives me up the wall.

View attachment 51104

The Wolf looks smaller.. Is it Rob?

Those are some gorgeous mods nice to see them beside a Minikin for size comparison. how long have you had them for ? I've read some people that bought the mini and it stopped working 2 months later.

Only problem is Asmodus has no more black ones and my Griffin is black. I need my mod and tank to match else it drives me up the wall.

I have had Snow Wolf's since they came out (Snow Wolf 200) and I have (touch wood) never has one single issue with a Snow Wolf ever.

@Dominica, I started with the White Snow Wolf Mini, quickly added a Black and then eventually a Gold and a Minikin VGOD. I like all of them, have had no problems with any of them. All feel fine in hand, get it done very well, are very easy to use, and will do way more than I will ever do with them. The high gloss finish on the SWM's can collect a lot of finger prints. Color dictates which they show the most on with the dark colors being the most noticeable, but in oblique light even the white shows them. I found that there are endless skins available for them at low cost though if the finger print thing becomes an issue that can't be lived with. No issues with finger prints on the Minikin. If I were ever to have the need to add another of either of these, it would probably be another Minikin VGOD.

wiyh10.jpg

Hi @Dominica, I've had both for just over a week now. They're really really nice devices, but I'd have to go with the Minikin too. The Snow Wolf is stunning, but you'll get much less vaping time. The Minikin you can chain vape on all day long and it just about dies as you're ready to go to sleep. It just feels more sturdy and comfy for all day use to me. I've bought 2 in the last two weeks and have been jonesing for another (maybe 2 more). :)
Bear in mind you need to have an external battery charger for it as well - no USB port on the Minikin. Whatever you decide, they are both a pleasure to use.

annnddddd....just ordered the VGOD Limited Edition Minikin from a site in the US. I was pretty upset to miss the batch that came into Sir Vape, but found this site. 1 day after enquiring, they added SA to the list of countries they ship to. Pretty impressive. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link but feel free to PM if you want to know where to get one.

annnddddd....just ordered the VGOD Limited Edition Minikin from a site in the US. I was pretty upset to miss the batch that came into Sir Vape, but found this site. 1 day after enquiring, they added SA to the list of countries they ship to. Pretty impressive. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link but feel free to PM if you want to know where to get one.

Sure you can post the link @Crockett!

At that watts and ohms ill rather go for a Minikin. Battery life will be better and in my experience the snow wolf mini is made for people who vape at 40-45watts.
Yeah, that's kind of what I've been figuring and a reason I've been leaning more towards the Minikin. Also a more experienced vape friend told me that while the Snow Wolf mini says it can fire down to 0.05 ohms, in practise it struggles with anything below 0.4. Not sure if anyone has some experience of this?

View attachment 51104
That just looks so neat, I really hope you going to complete the collection...:D

Hi @Dominica, I've had both for just over a week now. They're really really nice devices, but I'd have to go with the Minikin too. The Snow Wolf is stunning, but you'll get much less vaping time. The Minikin you can chain vape on all day long and it just about dies as you're ready to go to sleep. It just feels more sturdy and comfy for all day use to me. I've bought 2 in the last two weeks and have been jonesing for another (maybe 2 more). :)
Bear in mind you need to have an external battery charger for it as well - no USB port on the Minikin. Whatever you decide, they are both a pleasure to use.
Thanks Crockett, yeah the dual batteries are definitely a big plus for the Minikin. Also the higher wattage, in case I ever decide to try dripping. Do you have any with the rubberised finish? if so, do you find it helps make it more comfy to hold? I've never touched a mod with rubberised finish before.

Also I'd be interested in that link, please do post it :)

I can see your predicament, both are really great devices. I always have to relate to "comfort in hand" and with that said the Minikin feels superb in your hand.

@Dominica I've held the snow wolf mini never vaped on it, but walked out the store with a minikin and I do not regret it for one minute. The rubber feel in the hand is nice. It's not too heavy and the battery life is amazing. It kicks like a beast too, I usually vape on 35-40 watts on the VTC mini but on the minikin I vape between 25-30. If I could I would buy another one without second thought. I'm hoping to buy @Rob Fisher one when he gets tired on the limited edition one :p

Back