Mixing for MTL

I have been doing MTL for more than 4 years now and DIY for almost 2 years. From the start of the latter I have mixed at 60VG/40PG. I have never had to up the percentages on flavours, rather the other way around on the odd occasion. The devices I use are squonkers (mech and regulated), BBs and the odd tank - like the Skyline and the Siren 2.
Thanks @Andre really appreciate your feedback and know your level of experience with diy.
I am also under the impression that the % should not be increased never mind the ratio of pg to vg.
Will give a 60/40 mixture a go and a 50/50 just need to figure out the % of flavoring I ended up with after I nocked the bottle over I was going for 3% tfa peppermint 2 and 3% black ice and 1% cap supper sweet. Will start with that and see how it goes then reduce to find what I ended up with eventually.

@Friep mix 50/50 then add pg suspended nic and flavour the ratio will change then drop of water.I'm fairly certain this will work on a MTL setup.if it doesn't and is to dry add more VG till you find your nichè

I tried mtl on newer tanks and found the old style mtl tanks work better for me.probably cause its.more restricted.

@Hooked I like the Vega mini too.was going to het one but I went for the cue as it just did the trick.I still want to get me one though but I'm going to use the nautilus style tank on there or I'm going to get a higher ohm coil and restrict the airflow.
I got a kangertech which I'm using for DTL and two tanks which I find works better for that purpose

OK we all have different tastes and we all have what works for us.I tried mtl on high wattage and it didn't work for me neither did more air .I the same mix on DTL setup and almost dried out.I was basically chocking but it works great for me on my nautilus style tank with 2.4ohm coil so my advice @Friep is to play around and find what works for you.maybe try a tank @andr suggest

@Andre you need show me how to mtl on a sqounk mod.I don't have one yet but am looking to get me one in the future but tips and trick are always welcome

@Andre how do you restrict your airflow on that setups
All of the atomizers I use, have adjustable airflow.
@Andre you need show me how to mtl on a sqounk mod.I don't have one yet but am looking to get me one in the future but tips and trick are always welcome
MTL is dependent on the atomizer, not the mod. I mainly use OL16s on my squonkers. Single coil between 0.5 to 0.8 ohms, depending on the juice.

I have been doing MTL for more than 4 years now and DIY for almost 2 years. From the start of the latter I have mixed at 60VG/40PG. I have never had to up the percentages on flavours, rather the other way around on the odd occasion. The devices I use are squonkers (mech and regulated), BBs and the odd tank - like the Skyline and the Siren 2.
MTL on a mech squonker?!?!?! That's slightly different to MTL on a 15w device with a 1.2 ohm coil.....

MTL on a mech squonker?!?!?! That's slightly different to MTL on a 15w device with a 1.2 ohm coil.....
Not really - if I build a 1.2 ohm coil for the atomizer on the mech squonker, the output would be around 15W. At most the power is more direct.

@Andre I just typed a post and then deleted.I got no experience with that setup.is the Ol16 a MTL -RDA if not how do you regulate the airflow.then again your devices are variable isn't it

@Andre is see what you mean now.it works the same on a non variable regulated mod then.same thing as when I change my tanks between the two.

@Andre I just typed a post and then deleted.I got no experience with that setup.is the Ol16 a MTL -RDA if not how do you regulate the airflow.then again your devices are variable isn't it
Yes, the OL16 is a bottom fed (BF) RDA - the airflow can be adjusted from MTL to restricted lung hit. Can take single or dual coils. Small chamber = great flavour. Good clones available at The Vape Guy. I use them on both regulated and mech squonkers.

@Andre good to know.my diy doesn't really have flavour.I had some sort of reaction and chose to dilute it to basically no flavour as long as I got the throat hit I was happy.I also found for me higher PG works on MTL but not o. DTL
so you info has helped me and will look you up when I go shopping.
@Silver is also a MTL vaper so I will call on your experience then

@Alex just a question on your batteries.do you use high amp or medium amps on mtl.
I found my lower amp battery last longer on mtl and higher amp better on DTL

Hi @Resistance

I typically prefer simple coils with thinnish wire for MTL. I like a crisp vape and something thats instant.
Usually Kanthal but also SS lately
Normally small diameter - around 1.6mm
Not much airflow on my MTL RM2 atty so i find these types of coils work well for mr for 50/50 high nic juice in MTL

@Andre @Friep @bjorncoetsee @Alex @DamienK @Hooked if I missed someone pls include yourself...what coils,type and braid do you use on MTL setups. do you guys think a specific wire type and braid changes it by a milestone or can it all be viewed in the same light
For simple wire I use 27g Kanthal. Lately I have been using Clapton wire (kanthal sold by Sir Vape) and fused Clapton wire (Vandyvapes superfine for MTL in Ni80 or SS316). Always at 2.5mm.

For simple wire I use 27g Kanthal. Lately I have been using Clapton wire (kanthal sold by Sir Vape) and fused Clapton wire (Vandyvapes superfine for MTL in Ni80 or SS316). Always at 2.5mm.

Thanks @Andre
How do you find the vape on that Vandyvape superfine versus a standard 27g build?
I presume slightly wetter? Denser?

greetings.your answers are informative reason me asking about coils is it narrows it down a bit so now I can see which of this work for me.I bought a twisted coil to test but have not used it in my MTL. I used it in my DTL has 3ohms resistance. and had to cut it and rewind a bit to make it fit on a standard replaceable coil tank.and bought a flavoured liquid to test.liqua peach.
was not bad but wasn't that great either.

hi guys.@friep how is the mixing going that side.
here this side I'm still looking for a nice mtl tank.either there's nothing nice available or they want to all me something I don't need.

hi guys.@friep how is the mixing going that side.
here this side I'm still looking for a nice mtl tank.either there's nothing nice available or they want to all me something I don't need.

Mixing is going well thanks @Resistance.
For myself I mostly mix 2.4mg nic with a 60vg/40pg ratio and 70vg/30pg. I mostly enjoy bigger rda setups and direct lung hits forgot to mention that.

The reason I started this thread was to find out from guys what they do when they do for there mtl setups so that I can do better mixes for my family that I am trying to convert my current conclusion is that the pg vg ratio makes a big difference. I still need to test this but haven't gotten around to it yet. As soon as I get some time will post my findings.

Back