Mod is auto firing

kev mac

Old enough to know better
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
While sitting and having a vape while watching t.v. I heard a noise that sounded like a mod firing.I checked my gear and nothing seemed amiss until I noticed smoke coming from my Patriot RDA sitting atop my formally trusty ipv 2 mini 70w.I quickly secured the situation and discovered my mod was auto firing, I was not using this mod nor have I ever had an issue w/ it.Now it fires continuously until I remove the battery. I pretty much chalked this mod up and I'm glad a potentially bad situation was skirted. Any ideas on what caused this?

this seems to be a common issue with the ipv mini 2. Yours is not the first reported case of the mod auto firing.
But very glad that you picked it up before anything serious happened.

While sitting and having a vape while watching t.v. I heard a noise that sounded like a mod firing.I checked my gear and nothing seemed amiss until I noticed smoke coming from my Patriot RDA sitting atop my formally trusty ipv 2 mini 70w.I quickly secured the situation and discovered my mod was auto firing, I was not using this mod nor have I ever had an issue w/ it.Now it fires continuously until I remove the battery. I pretty much chalked this mod up and I'm glad a potentially bad situation was skirted. Any ideas on what caused this?

Had the same thing with the mini 2 seen multiple reports on this issue.

Iv seen this happen with a few p4y products. If it continues to happen, best to get that warrenty card out!

No, but it was off.Lucky I was sitting next to it after coming home from dinner w/ my brother.
Freaky stuff. I think I'll keep my battery out of my mod when it's not being used at home from now on.

Freaky stuff. I think I'll keep my battery out of my mod when it's not being used at home from now on.
It's crazy I've owned it for a year or so and it was well used,I thought it was a great mod.

Best to do this. When not using a mod. Take the batteries out and store in a cool place. No point leaving batteries in the mod for more then 24hrs un-used.

Even at night when I sleep, All batteries out and on charge. Esp with the ipv4s :D

Best to do this. When not using a mod. Take the batteries out and store in a cool place. No point leaving batteries in the mod for more then 24hrs un-used.

Even at night when I sleep, All batteries out and on charge. Esp with the ipv4s :D
I think my mod is toast, it fires continuously unless the battery is removed.I will heed your advice w/ my ipv4.

Back