Molly v2 - Some questions

Now the only thing I need to have a look at is the part of the contact that was wrapped in some sticky isolation tape type stuff. I'm guessing it was done because of the metal-top bottle as opposed to the all silicone one. I'm hoping I can find some sort of electrical shrink-wrap tyoe of thing instead if putting some sticky tape over it again. Any suggestions? @Intuthu Kagesi? Don't think a battery wrap will shrink that much

Now the only thing I need to have a look at is the part of the contact that was wrapped in some sticky isolation tape type stuff. I'm guessing it was done because of the metal-top bottle as opposed to the all silicone one. I'm hoping I can find some sort of electrical shrink-wrap tyoe of thing instead if putting some sticky tape over it again. Any suggestions? @Intuthu Kagesi? Don't think a battery wrap will shrink that much
You should be able to get some heat shrink tubing. Most hardware shops and even builders warehouse sell it.

Sent from my vivo 2006 using Tapatalk

You should be able to get some heat shrink tubing. Most hardware shops and even builders warehouse sell it.

Sent from my vivo 2006 using Tapatalk

Found some in the garage, will just have to see if it shrinks enough or not...

That looks like one of the old school attempts to stop arcing ... there are many "broscience" methods some of which include a slot cut across the contact surface, and or utilising silicone grease, (which is an insulator :facepalm:) .... and then there's the proper way;
Placing a resistor and capacitor across the switch for DC ... the "back of a cigarette box calculation" is 1 mF per amp and for the resistor 0.5 ohms per volt, so assuming 4.2Volts @ 20Amps, you would require a resistor of 2 Ohms in series with a capacitor of 20 mF, and this would prevent arcing and or contact welding ;)

upload_2021-10-17_20-41-49.png

You could use silicone rubber, and if you gob on your finger, you can smooth it out nicely, or ... some suitable heatshrink, (remembering that most heatshink shrinks 50% max, so get something slightly less than twice the required shrunken size).

You could use silicone rubber, and if you gob on your finger, you can smooth it out nicely, or ... some suitable heatshrink, (remembering that most heatshink shrinks 50% max, so get something slightly less than twice the required shrunken size).

So theoretically this should work?

IMG_20211017_205219.jpg

That looks like one of the old school attempts to stop arcing ... there are many "broscience" methods some of which include a slot cut across the contact surface, and or utilising silicone grease, (which is an insulator :facepalm:) .... and then there's the proper way;
Placing a resistor and capacitor across the switch for DC ... the "back of a cigarette box calculation" is 1 mF per amp and for the resistor 0.5 ohms per volt, so assuming 4.2Volts @ 20Amps, you would require a resistor of 2 Ohms in series with a capacitor of 20 mF, and this would prevent arcing and or contact welding ;)

View attachment 241750

jrrrrr, stop trying to un mech stuff ...lol

How long is a piece of string?

You may have to jippo the thermostat if it isn't hot enough :giggle:

I have quite a long piece. At one point I tried to wrap an old air rifle's barrel to pimp it out, but then thought better of it due to the possibility of rust underneath the wrap. So I have more than enough to practice with.

jrrrrr, stop trying to un mech stuff ...lol

I can't help it Victor :giggle: ... I love Mechs aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I like a few erm .... "safety features" built into mine :rolleyes:
In electronic terms, the use of passive components as I suggested for mechanical protection, is not considered automation ;) ... I could have offered you an active circuit that arguably would have been better, (with a mosfet :giggle:)

I have quite a long piece. At one point I tried to wrap an old air rifle's barrel to pimp it out, but then thought better of it due to the possibility of rust underneath the wrap. So I have more than enough to practice with.

Cut off a short piece, (10mm?), of that heat shrink and hit it with your hairdryer, or bic lighter, to, see if it will shrink enough ;)

Maybe one of these gentleman will know if it's solid silver or silver plated
@Christos
@vicTor
Ive never owned one of these but if the contact looks silver it should be silver.
If I recall a few years ago there were copper plated contacts for some other mods that were silver coated but I suspect the plate in question is silver and just needs a good sanding to restore it to its original condition.

Back