My wick keeps burning any advice

reijnier

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
My kanger subtank mini is coiled with 1.1 ohm coil and a long drag the wick keeps burning

As @kimbo said, you want to use a very small amount of wick and make sure that the juice channels are clearly visible when the chimney is screwed on - push the cotton against the sides (towards the coil) on both sides.

I have cut down on the cotton I use in there quite a bit, to the point where there is just enough to hang down and touch the deck (no bunching up at all).

Also, the SubTank RBA does not handle high VG juice at all well...you need to modify it for use with higher than 60VG juices (it really works best with 50/50 juice).

As @kimbo said, you want to use a very small amount of wick and make sure that the juice channels are clearly visible when the chimney is screwed on - push the cotton against the sides (towards the coil) on both sides.

I have cut down on the cotton I use in there quite a bit, to the point where there is just enough to hang down and touch the deck (no bunching up at all).

Also, the SubTank RBA does not handle high VG juice at all well...you need to modify it for use with higher than 60VG juices (it really works best with 50/50 juice).
Thanks I'm just made a coil with what sounds like too much over hang wil trim it and take a picture

my channels are slightly modified
aed40b28c94fe7b68d2e99cb866ec0cf.jpg

what id is your coil? if you have a very small id with very little wick you going to get dry hits while taking loooong hits. I have recommended this build and id to many and it works even with standard channels. i would take a file or knife and open the chanels slightly to make sure it wicks efficiently. it literally takes 5min and you good to go

You seem to know the kanger subtank mini do you have any tips and tricks on how to screw the parts together and apart I broke one which was over tightened

I
my channels are slightly modified
aed40b28c94fe7b68d2e99cb866ec0cf.jpg

what id is your coil? if you have a very small id with very little wick you going to get dry hits while taking loooong hits. I have recommended this build and id to many and it works even with standard channels. i would take a file or knife and open the chanels slightly to make sure it wicks efficiently. it literally takes 5min and you good to go
I would have to get a backup before doing something like that and sorry for asking what do mean by (id) noob question

You seem to know the kanger subtank mini do you have any tips and tricks on how to screw the parts together and apart I broke one which was over tightened

I'm guessing you mean unscrewing the chimney from the base on the RBA. For this it is very simple...never over-tighten it...just tighten until it stops. When trying to get it off the best is to grab the chimney as low as you can mange - i.e. as close to the where the threading is - and turn very gently, the more pressure you apply the less likely you are to get it loose. Of course you should first clean it off with a cloth. Oh, and hold the base by the part the 510 screws into - when it is being very difficult I actually remove the pin first.

I

I would have to get a backup before doing something like that and sorry for asking what do mean by (id) noob question

If you are using 50/50 juice there is no reason to mod the RBA - mine is still unmodified and runs flawlessly :rock:

ID is the inner dimension of the coil - i.e. the thickness of whatever you wrap around ;)

I'm guessing you mean unscrewing the chimney from the base on the RBA. For this it is very simple...never over-tighten it...just tighten until it stops. When trying to get it off the best is to grab the chimney as low as you can mange - i.e. as close to the where the threading is - and turn very gently, the more pressure you apply the less likely you are to get it loose. Of course you should first clean it off with a cloth. Oh, and hold the base by the part the 510 screws into - when it is being very difficult I actually remove the pin first.
Sorry I mean taking the rba apart

O its two mil
If you are using 50/50 juice there is no reason to mod the RBA - mine is still unmodified and runs flawlessly :rock:

ID is the inner dimension of the coil - i.e. the thickness of whatever you wrap around ;)
O I use two mil and 50 50 like it that way

O its two mil

O I use two mil and 50 50 like it that way

With that setup you should not be getting any dry hits...so it is most likely just due to the original wicking ;)

Hopefully your new wicking solves the problem, and if not try using even less - or use a pancake wick :D

Saw some at vapeking using the cotton that came with the kanger any thing to help with taste you get wen you just built coil

Saw some at vapeking using the cotton that came with the kanger any thing to help with taste you get wen you just built coil

The included pads are Japanese cotton, and it works really well :)

However, if you want to have perfect taste immediately I'd recommend Rayon...it's perfect from the first toot, but it doesn't last as long. It's a trade off, and I much prefer the short "settling period" of the Japanese cotton and then having it last a bit longer. But give Rayon a try, it's a great wicking material ;)

You are very welcome, glad to hear it's working well now - I really love this tank :D
The tank is awsome sorry for bothering again how long before you rebuild and rewick your tank I play on the safe side and do it every weak afraid of it dying on me

The tank is awsome sorry for bothering again how long before you rebuild and rewick your tank I play on the safe side and do it every weak afraid of it dying on me

The coil can go for much longer - I've run the same coil for more than a month...just dry burn it when wicking :)

As for wicking, I replace it about every one or two tanks...depending on flavour changes. Light juices can last much longer with wicks though ;) But you can very easily go a week on a wick :)

Back