Name one thing from your childhood

Marmite on buttered toast. Heaven. But the butter needs to start melting before spreading on marmite

Marmite on buttered toast. Heaven. But the butter needs to start melting before spreading on marmite
Dude Marmite still rocks!
Toast , authentic butter grated cheese and a cup of strong Joko tea. (Milk is for cows) rather add vodka for creaminess.

Wait, what?

i like my marmite and cheese on salticrax biscuits

There's hope for you @RainstormZA ;) ... Savoury biscuits with savoury toppings, (aka Salticrax with cheese an' Marmite), is a winner quick snack with or without a good red wine.

Marie biscuits on the other hand sandwiched with ONLY butter, need to be savoured by dipping 'em into tea, coffee, Milo Horlicks, or hot chocolate ... particularly so on a chilly day / Gauteng at the mo'!

I do think that another thread with "strange concoctions" may elicit some interesting food and drink choices ... you could probably throw things like bacon flavoured vape juice into the mix too :facepalm:

Thanks very much, that is the nicest thing said to me all day.

That was used in the context of "a sinner who is not of 'the elect', and predestined to damnation"; Which according to my Priest in Catechism classes, was where any young man interested in the opposite sex and motorbikes was headed :giggle:

That's really funny, my MIL said exactly the same thing, she used to freak when I picked up my wife to be and popped a wheelie past her front window. Damn those days were so much fun

That's really funny, my MIL said exactly the same thing, she used to freak when I picked my wife to be and popped a wheelie past her front window. Damn those days were so much fun

They were indeed fun times, and ... they continue ;) (albeit that I require a much longer recovery period from imbibements these days :rolleyes:)

Should I ever stop looking at hot babes, please check my pulse, as I've probably died ... as for the bikes ... {sigh} ... all I can say is ... extended orgasms for the duration of said ride :aplastao:

mermaid-lido.jpg

Many a July holiday spend on this beach in front of the LIDO and the soft serves at the Blue Grotto restaurant, heaven for a kid - Old Scotty taking your photo , you pay and long after you back home ,an envelope with your precious Durbs photos will arrive .
images

Beach concerts and competitions at The Little Top
Dbn-X-L-TRoom.jpg

Yip , those were the days for a boytjie from the Bushveld. [All long gone now Lido and Top demolished ]
durban-beach-night-south-africa-golden-mile-46252873.jpg

Last edited:
Back in the 80's when dad had to look after the kids because mom was going to see a show with the girls. Well, this was the show..

FB_IMG_1612984914081.jpg

Back