Name one thing from your childhood

Its so sad. Not being able to give my kids the freedom to play in parks, cricket in the street, riding bikes till sundown. All has been taken away
Agreed! ... That if any would probably be a major reason for me migrating my family to safer surrounds ... Quality of life such as we enjoyed growing up!

Agreed! ... That if any would probably be a major reason for me migrating my family to safer surrounds ... Quality of life such as we enjoyed growing up!
I know. I love this country. But due to a certain group, i will be leaving end of the year to join my brother in Oz.
There is no future for us in SA

I know. I love this country. But due to a certain group, i will be leaving end of the year to join my brother in Oz.

I can't argue ... I emigrated in 92 and returned in 94 to assume custody of my then minor children ... @#$% knows what I am still doing here when I have an entire life waiting for me in the US, and to top it all ... a girlfriend in Australia :facepalm:

Sad bro, but can not argue. 17 months left for me...

Regards
Very sad. How a small bunch of fck nuts destroyed the country in such a small space of time. Its at a point where i can say with confiction, that i fcking hate this country for what it is and what it stands for

Last edited:
Very sad. How a small bunch of fck nuts destroyed the country in such a small space of time. Its at a point where i can say with confiction, that i fcking hate this country. What it is and what it stands for

I agree with your sentiment, however having left this country and returned, (albeit under duress), can't say that I hate it ... South Africa has been good to me ... I do dislike, with passion, what our government have done / are doing to it, and I can share that whilst I lived in the US ... I did find myself popping into Barnes and Noble from time to time .... to browse their Tourist books, (on South Africa) :confused:

We moved to Belgium a month ago for the same reason. With Covid it was a very long and difficult process but we made it. It was difficult leaving my family. My parents are 81 years old my in-laws 70. My 4 year old daughter asked me last week if she can get new grand parents this side as she really misses her grans

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:640x,quality:90x75/images/ce80a3512cf7c92ddec9ad92639c22379f8f95771f95be0ab8263bb939cca254_1.jpg

Who remembers the Doll House roadhouse in Orange Grove, Johannesburg?

Iconic place

Many a late night burger and slap chips after a night on the town in my early twenties and also as a kid with my folks

Not my photo below - I found it on FB - but that could easily have been my photo exactly
(except it would have mostly been night time and instead of strawberry, it would be a choc milkshake, double thick)

25396FE6-8D69-4119-A7FA-BCAA8458DD16.jpeg

Last edited:
PS , @Rob Fisher would like this

when going to roadhouse in my early twenties I had a portable handheld CB radio with a LONG telescopic aerial that I would put out the window and chat to my buddies. A few of us had them. Amazing times, what fun

10 4
Roger that skipper 8--)

edit, that wasn’t in my early twenties, it was my late teens - around about 1992 or so

PS , @Rob Fisher would like this

when going to roadhouse in my early twenties I had a portable handheld CB radio with a LONG telescopic aerial that I would put out the window and chat to my buddies. A few of us had them. Amazing times, what fun

10 4
Roger that skipper 8--)

edit, that wasn’t in my early twenties, it was my late teens - around about 1992 or so

10-4 Good Budy Hi Ho @Silver! I had a Cobra 148 GTL with 40 channels including sideband! Co-phased 108 whips on my Granada and a huge bull horn antenna on the 7th floor flat that pushed a major copy all of South Beach! Twin Fin 10-8 and Mobile!
Cobra 148 GTL.jpg

10-4 Good Budy Hi Ho @Silver! I had a Cobra 148 GTL with 40 channels including sideband! Co-phased 108 whips on my Granada and a huge bull horn antenna on the 7th floor flat that pushed a major copy all of South Beach! Twin Fin 10-8 and Mobile!
View attachment 251946

Lol Rob, that’s amazing

I’m sure I could hear you all the way from JHB. Haha

I wanted to get a proper set in the car but could only afford the handheld. Didn’t work great but I felt like I was in touch and connected

Over

Back