Nautilus Mini

Same here. Bought the mini and a pack of coils. Out of the 7 coils 3 were duds. Not cool at all. 4th in and finally I can test it properly.

There is nothing more infuriating than a dud coil! Nothing! :-@

Not sure anything can beat a mini coil on a Cyclone on top of a REO with a Rayon wick and Menthol Ice with a few drops of coconut!

Are you guys giving the coils enough time to get saturated with juice? If you hit it dry that taste won't go away in a hurry.

Both the coils on my Mini were fine.

I let the juice stand in the tank - upright - for a good 5 minutes or so - BEFORE taking the first puff.
It was fine for me.

I can imagine that given the material around the coil is so tightly packed in there and there are only a few small little holes for juice to seep in, it takes a while to saturate a dry coil.

But that aside, if you did get dud coils then that is terrible. That was one of the major things that put me off commercial coils - and why I enjoyed rebuilding them. But after a while, one does just want the convenience I guess.

I haven't studied the international forums, but does anyone know if dud coils are being reported as a common problem ?

I let mine soak for at least 20min but all of mine had the same problem. You almost pop a vein trying to take a drag. The draw is really tight, with no flavor and no vapor. 4th coil was 100%.

I seriously gave it enough time to soak in on both of the new coils. I promise both were longer than fifteen minutes each plus I used a few primer puffs in between before putting it into my mod @Gazzacpt . I have had much better luck since :)
I am however battling with my Russian centre pin and getting it aligned without being two close to the other pin:-@

I seriously gave it enough time to soak in on both of the new coils. I promise both were longer than fifteen minutes each plus I used a few primer puffs in between before putting it into my mod @Gazzacpt . I have had much better luck since :)
I am however battling with my Russian centre pin and getting it aligned without being two close to the other pin:-@
If its not one thing its another which is why I have backups for the backups. Or maybe I'm ocd, but mainly I think its an excuse to get more gear

Excellent review @Silver, couldn't agree with you more. The flavour on the mini with the new BVC's are great, and the vape is always very saturated. Most definitely the best commercial tank on the market atm.

I've been using my original BVC coil for almost a week (tomorrow will be a week). Still vapes 100%, and changed flavours about 5 times.

Today, i am sooo enjoying my Hana mini and Atomic RDA, the flavour is out of this world.

I think i enjoy different devices more on different days, depending on my mood, lol.

Excellent review @Silver, couldn't agree with you more. The flavour on the mini with the new BVC's are great, and the vape is always very saturated. Most definitely the best commercial tank on the market atm.

I've been using my original BVC coil for almost a week (tomorrow will be a week). Still vapes 100%, and changed flavours about 5 times.

Today, i am sooo enjoying my Hana mini and Atomic RDA, the flavour is out of this world.

I think i enjoy different devices more on different days, depending on my mood, lol.

Thanks @Zodiac
Am enjoying the Nautilus Mini on the SVD for the fruity flavours - nice indeed
So far the coil is lasting on my side too.
Lets see how long it continues

All the best

I'm very impressed with my BF Atomic RDA, the flavour is as good as the reomizer in my opinion... Love it

I dont have a nauitlus mini (yet) but i robbed a bvc coil from cvs and put it in my old nautilus which had been gathering dust for months . I am soooo impressed with the taste. So far i have vaped strenilla. Gambit . And hhv waffles on it and its been amazing . The coil seems to be performing like a soldier and the juice flavors pop and crackle on your tongue. Handles 15 watts on the cana no problem at all . Ive since ordered a mini and a coil pack.

My 2 Cents, warts'n'all
Got 2 for my wife and myself as a backup 2 days ago as a backup to my kayfun. Juiced-up instore and was really amazed and already put a few tanks through them...definitely the best commercial coil wrt dense flavour. Much, much better than my Aerotank mini, but better than my kayfun clone?...performance No, mindless convenience Yes .

Overall, a lovely tank to use, even though there are a few minor "quirks" that can be improved upon:
  1. The drip tip is sub standard with a edge on the inner lip on the mouth end (Both units I bought had this). Not something you'd expect from an authentic. It also conducts and builds up heat very quickly, enough to make it uncomfortable on sustained pulls. This was the first thing I replaced within minutes of using.
  2. There is a conical cavity with a lip at the bottom of the drip tip well which gathers condensate quickly, especially with the heavy vapour the mini produces. The cone isn't a problem as it is supposed to let the condensate run back down to the filling, but the lip prevents this, as it gathers enough juice to cause gurgling at the bottom of the drip tip, or cause that you get a good dollop of juice in your mouth if you're couch vaping and you raise the angle too high.
  3. The largest airvent is still too small for heavy hitters, just small enough to get minor flooding, which is easily adjusted by slower pulls.
  4. While I haven't experienced any coil issues, the quality control issues that some are experiencing for such a pricey coil is disconcerting
Despite this, still a very good step in the right direction wrt the evolution of commercial systems. Would definitely recommend them

Hi all

What is your findings on the longevity of the BVC's?

Thx

Jan

Hi all

Got my Nautilus Mini yesterday.
This is the one with the new Bottom Vertical Coil (BVC).

Have vaped a few tanks on it side by side against the REO - with the same juices.

Here are my initial impressions versus the REO (which is my current all day device and benchmark for scoring)

Flavour
- it performs very well in this department. Great flavour. If the REO gets 10/10 for flavour, then this gets a solid 8/10. It is a bit different though. The flavour is not as rich or dense - but is smoother. Probably has a lot to do with the smoother vaping action. That said, the flavour is better than I experienced on the mini Protanks and EVOD, which on this scale would have been in the region of about 6/10.

Throat hit
- not bad but I was hoping for more. If the REO gives me 10/10, this gives me 6/10. I tried all the airhole settings but settled on second smallest since I like a tighter draw. If I take two or three long drags in succession it is quite nice but nowhere near as instant as I get on the REO with my coil setup.

Vapour production is not something I care much about - but the Nautilus Mini does produce lots of vapour. Those that like vapour will not be disappointed. Definitely more vapour than the other commercial Clearo tanks that I've tried. On the widest airhole setting you can blow great clouds for a stock setup.

Will it replace my REOs?
No way.

Is it a good device?
Definitely yes and the best commercial non-RBA tank I've vaped. I think this is great for mindless vaping with great flavour.

Juices used
- Witchers Brew Blackbird 18mg
- Vape Craving Desire 12mg

(I used a new Nautilus Mini coil for each juice.)

Equipment
- Nautilus Mini on a SVD - between 13 and 15 Watts
- REO Grand/RM2 - standard microcoil, cotton wick.

I tried to vape at similar power on the REO vs the Nautilus Mini to give a fair comparison:
For VC Desire I used a 1.2 ohm coil - vaping at around 13 Watts (Batt at around 4V)
For WB Blackbird I used a 0.95 ohm coil - vaping at around 15 Watts (Batt nearing end at 3.8V)

I just love how you give the reo 10/10 hahaha great review as always silver!!

I just love how you give the reo 10/10 hahaha great review as always silver!!

Hi @paulph201 - thanks

I only gave the REO 10 out of 10 as a reference to compare with the Nautilus Mini ;-)
And so far, the REO gives me the best consistent flavour and throat hit out of all the devices I've tried.
Not saying the REO is perfect, there may be other devices that are better, but for me its my benchmark - at least for now...

Nothing worse than dud coils on commercial tanks. It's frustrating considering they cost roughly R40 each on the Nautilus.

Mind you, 3 out of 5 micro coils I build are duds :p at least they're cheap to replace :p hehe.

Can't wait for the BVC heads to arrive up here, the local Vape shop says he'll have them by the end of the month :)

Is it just me or is everyone else trying to heat their homes with their attys ?
I'm running mine on 8 watts on my mvp and get ample flavor & vapor from VK4 12 & 18 mg juices. Maybe I just prefer the standard caramel taste vs trying to turn it into a brulee.
The VK Cherry is also very good at a lower setting.

What I like most about the Mini is the easy, no-mess refill or top-up if you are on the same juice and the fact that you can virtually vape the thing down to the last drop.
The only negative side is that previous flavors tend to linger much longer after a refill of different juices, even if you attempt to rinse the coil.
The ceramic material wicks very good in that sense.
The Mini is great for your ADVs, but if you are still hunting for your favourite flavors I'd suggest to try them in a different atomizer / clearomizer first due to the lingering taste.

You definitely don't want to get stuck with ass-juice on this coil, unless you intend to play pranks on your buds for the next half an hour or so.

I'm running mine on 8 watts on my mvp and get ample flavor & vapor from VK4 12 & 18 mg juices. Maybe I just prefer the standard caramel taste vs trying to turn it into a brulee.

What I like most about the Mini is the easy, no-mess refill or top-up if you are on the same juice and the fact that you can virtually vape the thing down to the last drop.
The only negative side is that previous flavors tend to linger much longer after a refill of different juices, even if you attempt to rinse the coil.
The Mini is great for your ADVs, but if you are still hunting for your favourite flavors I'd suggest to try them in a different atomizer / clearomizer first due to the lingering taste.

You definitely don't want to get stuck with ass-juice on this coil, unless you intend to play pranks on your buds for the next half an hour or so.
It's not just you, I prefer running my Kayfun with 1.2 to 1.5 ohm builds at around 9w, just occasionally kicking it up around 12.5w when I need a good slap, anything higher and stuff starts burning

Same here, above 10W the mAN does not do it for me.

Hey guys and girls, hope this is the right thread to ask this, but here goes. I got the nautilus mini last week, and I must say I'm absolutely "McDonalds" over this thing:) my only concern is that it seems to be getting quite warm while vaping, is this normal and am i worrying about nothing?

Hey guys and girls, hope this is the right thread to ask this, but here goes. I got the nautilus mini last week, and I must say I'm absolutely "McDonalds" over this thing:) my only concern is that it seems to be getting quite warm while vaping, is this normal and am i worrying about nothing?
Hi @tomcat, the Nautilus Mini does get a bit warm whilst vaping, this is quite normal, and you have nothing to worry about. Just enjoy :)

Thank you @Zodiac for your quick reply, i really love the vape on the nautilus mini, its really awesome, and also thank you for putting mind at ease about the heat

Just make sure the air channel is properly aligned with the air hole.

Back