Nautilus Mini

BigK

New Vaper
LV

Awards
So i decided to pop into Vape King this afternoon to purchase some gear for a few of my buddies. I currently own two full Nautilus tanks which are currently buried in my desk. They were banished there after very poor coil performance, dry hits and a terrible burnt taste. I decided that i would wait out the initial hype surrounding the Nautilus mini to see whether they truly had improved the coils. Unfortunately patience is not one of my strong points soo before leaving Vape King i caved and purchased one of the new minis..... and boy am i glad i did !!! :-D It's a million times better than the old Nautilus with regards to flavor throat hit with maybe a minor increase in vapor production. Will definitely be converting the rest of my tanks to these pending an initial trial on coil durability.

Was also great bumping into @Silver and finally meeting @Stroodlepuff and @Gizmo.

I also waited for the hype to pass on this and now im sitting with a mini.

Will juice her up when I get home

Vaping it now. Its goin to rain in my living room. Its great

Hi all

Got my Nautilus Mini yesterday.
This is the one with the new Bottom Vertical Coil (BVC).

Have vaped a few tanks on it side by side against the REO - with the same juices.

Here are my initial impressions versus the REO (which is my current all day device and benchmark for scoring)

Flavour
- it performs very well in this department. Great flavour. If the REO gets 10/10 for flavour, then this gets a solid 8/10. It is a bit different though. The flavour is not as rich or dense - but is smoother. Probably has a lot to do with the smoother vaping action. That said, the flavour is better than I experienced on the mini Protanks and EVOD, which on this scale would have been in the region of about 6/10.

Throat hit
- not bad but I was hoping for more. If the REO gives me 10/10, this gives me 6/10. I tried all the airhole settings but settled on second smallest since I like a tighter draw. If I take two or three long drags in succession it is quite nice but nowhere near as instant as I get on the REO with my coil setup.

Vapour production is not something I care much about - but the Nautilus Mini does produce lots of vapour. Those that like vapour will not be disappointed. Definitely more vapour than the other commercial Clearo tanks that I've tried. On the widest airhole setting you can blow great clouds for a stock setup.

Will it replace my REOs?
No way.

Is it a good device?
Definitely yes and the best commercial non-RBA tank I've vaped. I think this is great for mindless vaping with great flavour.

Juices used
- Witchers Brew Blackbird 18mg
- Vape Craving Desire 12mg

(I used a new Nautilus Mini coil for each juice.)

Equipment
- Nautilus Mini on a SVD - between 13 and 15 Watts
- REO Grand/RM2 - standard microcoil, cotton wick.

I tried to vape at similar power on the REO vs the Nautilus Mini to give a fair comparison:
For VC Desire I used a 1.2 ohm coil - vaping at around 13 Watts (Batt at around 4V)
For WB Blackbird I used a 0.95 ohm coil - vaping at around 15 Watts (Batt nearing end at 3.8V)

Last edited:
Hi all

Have vaped a few tanks on it side by side against the REO - with the same juices.

Here are my initial impressions versus the REO (which is my current all day device and benchmark for scoring)

Flavour
- it performs very well in this department. Great flavour. If the REO gets 10/10 for flavour, then this gets a solid 8/10. It is a bit different though. The flavour is not as rich or dense - but is smoother. Probably has a lot to do with the smoother vaping action. That said, the flavour is better than I experienced on the mini Protanks and EVOD, which on this scale would have been in the region of about 6/10.

Throat hit
- not bad but I was hoping for more. If the REO gives me 10/10, this gives me 6/10. I tried all the airhole settings but settled on second smallest since I like a tighter draw. If I take two or three long drags in succession it is quite nice but nowhere near as instant as I get on the REO with my coil setup.

Vapour production is not something I care much about - but the Nautilus Mini does produce lots of vapour. Those that like vapour will not be disappointed. Definitely more vapour than the other commercial Clearo tanks that I've tried. On the widest airhole setting you can blow great clouds for a stock setup.

Will it replace my REOs?
No way.

Is it a good device?
Definitely yes and the best commercial non-RBA tank I've vaped. I think this is great for mindless vaping with great flavour.

Juices used

Equipment

I tried to vape at similar power on the REO vs the Nautilus Mini to give a fair comparison:
For VC Desire I used a 1.2 ohm coil - vaping at around 13 Watts (Batt at around 4V)
For WB Blackbird I used a 0.95 ohm coil - vaping at around 15 Watts (Batt nearing end at 3.8V)

Thanks for a quality review as always Silver! One question though; will it look better than the PT3 mini on my e-pipe?

Hi all

Flavour

Throat hit

Will it replace my REOs?
No way.

Is it a good device?

Juices used

Equipment

Thank you, critical review as always.

Will it replace my REOs?
No way.

Thanks for yet again another unbiased review Hi Ho! I'm just waiting till I have more stuff to order before I pull the trigger on my Nautilus Mini... but I am testing the new coils in my original Nautilus.

I have to say my Menthol Ice certainly tastes very different in the original Nautilus with new BVC coils than it does in ANY other device I have ever tried! It almost more perfumey if that's even a real word... I must flush it out and put Tropical Ice into it with a new coil because I need to test Apples with Apples!

Thanks for a quality review as always Silver! One question though; will it look better than the PT3 mini on my e-pipe?

Hi @johan
Thanks for the compliment!

Not really sure about looks but I suspect the PT3 Mini will look better because it's slimmer.
The Nautilus Mini is fatter and has a slightly "bulbous" top cap section...

So i decided to pop into Vape King this afternoon to purchase some gear for a few of my buddies. I currently own two full Nautilus tanks which are currently buried in my desk. They were banished there after very poor coil performance, dry hits and a terrible burnt taste. I decided that i would wait out the initial hype surrounding the Nautilus mini to see whether they truly had improved the coils. Unfortunately patience is not one of my strong points soo before leaving Vape King i caved and purchased one of the new minis..... and boy am i glad i did !!! :-D It's a million times better than the old Nautilus with regards to flavor throat hit with maybe a minor increase in vapor production. Will definitely be converting the rest of my tanks to these pending an initial trial on coil durability.

Was also great bumping into @Silver and finally meeting @Stroodlepuff and @Gizmo.

Was lovely seeing you as well @BigK !
Glad you enjoying the new device!

Thanks for yet again another unbiased review Hi Ho! I'm just waiting till I have more stuff to order before I pull the trigger on my Nautilus Mini... but I am testing the new coils in my original Nautilus.

I have to say my Menthol Ice certainly tastes very different in the original Nautilus with new BVC coils than it does in ANY other device I have ever tried! It almost more perfumey if that's even a real word... I must flush it out and put Tropical Ice into it with a new coil because I need to test Apples with Apples!

Thanks @Rob Fisher - appreciate it.

Definitely, you need to compare apples to apples. Or Tropical Ice to Tropical Ice ;-)
And use a new coil if you are changing flavours.
I now have the Blackbird coil which I will use in future for tobacco type flavours and the "VC Desire coil" which I will use for the fruity type of flavours. VC Desire is that guava/mango juice. The unit only came with the two coils and I didnt get replacement coils.

Just to add to this thread here is a cool slideshow

So whats the lowdown on the coils?

I know it has a new design, and eciggies are already referring to their Nautili coils as V1, but are they interchangeable between original and the mini?

So whats the lowdown on the coils?

I know it has a new design, and eciggies are already referring to their Nautili coils as V1, but are they interchangeable between original and the mini?
Yes they are.

Another observation on the Nautilus Mini which is confirmed now...

This thing sucks juice like a thirsty beast in the desert that has found an oasis...

Filled the tank about 30 mins ago with VM Berry Blaze - and it's on half already!
It goes through juice fast....

Perhaps I'm just used to the bigger 6ml tank on the REO which seems to last for ages

Spend some time vaping HRH's mAN. My impressions - I completely concur with @Silver's review. If commercial tanks and coil units are your preference, the mAN is the way to go.

I finally vaped on the aMN and guess my luck... Dud coil on the device and a dud as spare... Hit it on the Sigelei 20 W and it tasted terribly burnt ;( I put a new coil in the mini and used Witchers Brew Blackbird 12MG :inlove: I'm in love :blush:

Back