Navi Mod Pod by Voopoo

Puff the Magic Dragon

Grumpy Old Vaper
LV

Awards
upload_2020-1-3_8-31-1.png

I recently won this via the ecigssa "giveaway and participation and notification thread" (many thanks to @Hooked for all her efforts in running the thread).

From the outset, I must admit that I am not a Pod fan. I have tried and owned a few of them and have never really liked them. I have always viewed them as something useful for giving up smoking. The Navi has however been very impressive. I have been using it for a few days and I can see that it might just fit into my rotation because it has several advantages.

I see that Voopoo calls it a Mod Pod. This is a pretty accurate description. One can get a "normal" mod & RTA type experience out of it which is impossible (in my limited pod experience) with the run of the mill pod system.

This is not your usual reviewer type of review. I will essentially be giving my views after using it for a few days.

If you want all the stats and sales bumph take a look at Voopoo's website. You can also see far better photos there than I could possibly provide.

https://www.voopoo.com/

I won't tell you what I think of the looks of the Navi. The photos do a better job of that than I can (also better than any other reviewer). The Navi continues with the well known Voopoo style.

One thing that annoys me is the "Spark your Life" advice given on the "back" of the device. What in the heck does that mean? Does it hint at the possibility that the battery may explode or does it suggest that it will, in some divine way, enrich my life? Apart from this, it looks cute and is small enough to be useful as a stealth device.

upload_2020-1-3_8-42-58.png

Spark your Life indeed.

I guess that I can't get away without a pros and cons list so here goes :

PROS

• The top pro, for me, is that I can use the Navi to fairly closely imitate my normal vaping style which is a slightly restricted DL on a mod plus RTA, RDA, RDTA. The pro being that the Navi is tiny when compared to my usual kit. It will make a fantastic in-car and, in-public device. It would also make a great back-up device to take to work.
  • The colour screen is huge (0.96 inches) for such a tiny device (96*33*18mm). It is very bright and easy to read. A post-middle-aged person like me can read most of the vital info without the dreaded glasses.
  • The flavour is really good, all things considered. It is good enough that I am happy to use it for extended periods. It is better than any other pod I have tried.
  • Any of Voopoo's PnP coils will fit this device. This allows for great versatility. It comes with a 0.45 and a 0.6 mesh coil.
  • A huge plus for me is that you can get an RBA deck for it. Problem is that they didn't include one in the kit and I can't get one in South Africa yet. Unfortunately, it is limited to 40W but I can live with that.
  • Airflow is adjustable and I can get a good restricted DL.
  • Gene chip is good as always. Instant response to firing.
  • There are two types of firing which is great. Auto and/or button press.
  • The menu is limited but that's how I like it.
  • The battery life is OK (1500mah) but you won't last more than a few hours using the 0.45Ohm coils.
  • Seven safety protections.

There are several more pros but they are basically what one would expect on a device these days. There are a couple of cons which I will list below, but I would like to point out that none of them is bad enough to outweigh the pros....for me.

CONS

• The drip tip is fixed but comfortable to use.
  • The e-liquid fill hole is large but badly placed under the pod. This makes filling a bit of a pain.
  • The device switches off automatically after a few minutes. You have to press the fire button to continue vaping. If you remember to do this it isn't a problem, but if you forget and try to auto-draw it won't work.
  • RBA deck isn't included.
  • Internal battery. I hate internal batteries. Why throw a device away when the battery dies? In its defence it wouldn't be the size it is with an external battery. The battery doesn't last long with a 0.45Ohm mesh coil, but with the 0.8 or 1.0 Ohm coils it would probably last for almost a day.

Conclusion

I will continue to use the Navi until the battery dies when I will have to add it to a landfill site. I will try to get the RBA deck in South Africa. If not available I will add it to my next overseas cart.

It would be a useful device for smokers to start on. It gives decent flavour, is easy to use and can produce respectable clouds.

It is really compact and light (110g) An 18650 battery alone weighs almost 50g. It is also smaller than it looks in the pictures. I know that this doesn't really make sense, but that is how I experienced it.

I will use it in the car, in public and as a back-up.

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get the RBA deck in SA please let me know.

View attachment 186630

I recently won this via the ecigssa "giveaway and participation and notification thread" (many thanks to @Hooked for all her efforts in running the thread).

From the outset, I must admit that I am not a Pod fan. I have tried and owned a few of them and have never really liked them. I have always viewed them as something useful for giving up smoking. The Navi has however been very impressive. I have been using it for a few days and I can see that it might just fit into my rotation because it has several advantages.

I see that Voopoo calls it a Mod Pod. This is a pretty accurate description. One can get a "normal" mod & RTA type experience out of it which is impossible (in my limited pod experience) with the run of the mill pod system.

This is not your usual reviewer type of review. I will essentially be giving my views after using it for a few days.

If you want all the stats and sales bumph take a look at Voopoo's website. You can also see far better photos there than I could possibly provide.

https://www.voopoo.com/

I won't tell you what I think of the looks of the Navi. The photos do a better job of that than I can (also better than any other reviewer). The Navi continues with the well known Voopoo style.

One thing that annoys me is the "Spark your Life" advice given on the "back" of the device. What in the heck does that mean? Does it hint at the possibility that the battery may explode or does it suggest that it will, in some divine way, enrich my life? Apart from this, it looks cute and is small enough to be useful as a stealth device.

View attachment 186631

Spark your Life indeed.

I guess that I can't get away without a pros and cons list so here goes :

PROS

• The top pro, for me, is that I can use the Navi to fairly closely imitate my normal vaping style which is a slightly restricted DL on a mod plus RTA, RDA, RDTA. The pro being that the Navi is tiny when compared to my usual kit. It will make a fantastic in-car and, in-public device. It would also make a great back-up device to take to work.
  • The colour screen is huge (0.96 inches) for such a tiny device (96*33*18mm). It is very bright and easy to read. A post-middle-aged person like me can read most of the vital info without the dreaded glasses.
  • The flavour is really good, all things considered. It is good enough that I am happy to use it for extended periods. It is better than any other pod I have tried.
  • Any of Voopoo's PnP coils will fit this device. This allows for great versatility. It comes with a 0.45 and a 0.6 mesh coil.
  • A huge plus for me is that you can get an RBA deck for it. Problem is that they didn't include one in the kit and I can't get one in South Africa yet. Unfortunately, it is limited to 40W but I can live with that.
  • Airflow is adjustable and I can get a good restricted DL.
  • Gene chip is good as always. Instant response to firing.
  • There are two types of firing which is great. Auto and/or button press.
  • The menu is limited but that's how I like it.
  • The battery life is OK (1500mah) but you won't last more than a few hours using the 0.45Ohm coils.
  • Seven safety protections.
There are several more pros but they are basically what one would expect on a device these days. There are a couple of cons which I will list below, but I would like to point out that none of them is bad enough to outweigh the pros....for me.

CONS

• The drip tip is fixed but comfortable to use.
  • The e-liquid fill hole is large but badly placed under the pod. This makes filling a bit of a pain.
  • The device switches off automatically after a few minutes. You have to press the fire button to continue vaping. If you remember to do this it isn't a problem, but if you forget and try to auto-draw it won't work.
  • RBA deck isn't included.
  • Internal battery. I hate internal batteries. Why throw a device away when the battery dies? In its defence it wouldn't be the size it is with an external battery. The battery doesn't last long with a 0.45Ohm mesh coil, but with the 0.8 or 1.0 Ohm coils it would probably last for almost a day.
Conclusion

I will continue to use the Navi until the battery dies when I will have to add it to a landfill site. I will try to get the RBA deck in South Africa. If not available I will add it to my next overseas cart.

It would be a useful device for smokers to start on. It gives decent flavour, is easy to use and can produce respectable clouds.

It is really compact and light (110g) An 18650 battery alone weighs almost 50g. It is also smaller than it looks in the pictures. I know that this doesn't really make sense, but that is how I experienced it.

I will use it in the car, in public and as a back-up.

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get the RBA deck in SA please let me know.
Nice one @Puff the Magic Dragon , you beat me hands down, I’m still busy enjoying and writing the review. You can try @Sir Vape , as per @Grand Guru he got a rba from them, think it should do the job as it’s compatible with the PnP coils.

Nice one @Puff the Magic Dragon , you beat me hands down, I’m still busy enjoying and writing the review. You can try @Sir Vape , as per @Grand Guru he got a rba from them, think it should do the job as it’s compatible with the PnP coils.

I think that the only reason that I beat you to it is that I really like it. I am a really good procrastinator. Knowing you, your review will be far more detailed and well-considered than mine. It's also nice to hear different reviews on the same device. The best way to learn something is to hear different opinions.

Thanks for the heads-up on Sir Vape I will take a look.

pnpCoils1-pic3.jpg

This is the new RBA deck I am looking for. The hole under the V in the photo is a screw-hole for a drop-in type of coil. The one from Sir Vape is this one :

mechlyfe_b_1024x1024.jpg

This has the old subtank mini type of screws which are a pain in the bum.

Here is a very bad quality review of the new PnP rba

Back