Need Help - Koopor Plus 200w TC Box Mod

Varda

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
I recently came across this mod, which was given by a friend.

I put in 2 freshly charged 18650's and nothing, won't turn on. The mod is a bit worn out and small bumps here and there.

Can anyone help me with a starting point to check why it won't turn on?

Check battery orientation

Check battery voltage

Check no tears or open wrap on the batteries

Make sure all contacts are clean.

Check 510 for juice spills.

Check internals for juice spills

Click fire button at least five times

Check with attie on and off.

Check battery voltage

Check no tears or open wrap on the batteries

Make sure all contacts are clean.

Check 510 for juice spills.

Check internals for juice spills

Click fire button at least five times

Check with attie on and off.
That about covers it

Check battery voltage - Checked

Check no tears or open wrap on the batteries - Checked

Make sure all contacts are clean. -Checled

Check 510 for juice spills. - Checked

Check internals for juice spills - Checked

Click fire button at least five times - Checked

Check with attie on and off. - Checked

Thanks for the info. Checked all of the aboved took apart cleaned it good. Still not turning on.

Do you know what chipset it runs. I cant find the chipset name. Is there maybe a chipset that i can squeeze in. I can modify the mood about. Screen with and length. The only problem is the boards. Fire button and + & - buttons must be the same on the new board

Do you know what chipset it runs. I cant find the chipset name. Is there maybe a chipset that i can squeeze in. I can modify the mood about. Screen with and length. The only problem is the boards. Fire button and + & - buttons must be the same on the new board

With enough time and $, you can make anything fit anywhere :rolleyes:
If you have the expertise, by all means make up a new board, (I've published a basic circuit on this forum that you could use as a template), however you may find it cheaper to buy a new mod than to buy a replacement pcb.

With enough time and $, you can make anything fit anywhere :rolleyes:
If you have the expertise, by all means make up a new board, (I've published a basic circuit on this forum that you could use as a template), however you may find it cheaper to buy a new mod than to buy a replacement pcb.

Thank you so much for the help. Would it be cheaper to convert mod to mechanical mod with a MOSFET chip?

Thank you so much for the help. Would it be cheaper to convert mod to mechanical mod with a MOSFET chip?

Converting a mod to PWM would in all likelyhood be cheaper than replacing a mods pcb, however before embarking on this fairly drastic step;
Find out whether the existing pcb can be repaired, and /or find out whether someone has the same or similar mod that they've retired for whatever reason, that has a functional pcb that you can use, (the agents may even have a new old stock board that they're prepared to sell / donate).

EDIT: I'm choosing to ignore your desire to convert your mod to a mech btw, (whether it be with a mosfet or not), as I get the impression you're a relative newbie, and would be concerned should you start playing around with them without sufficient knowledge of their limitations, (and dangers).

Last edited:
Converting a mod to PWM would in all likelyhood be cheaper than replacing a mods pcb, however before embarking on this fairly drastic step;
Find out whether the existing pcb can be repaired, and /or find out whether someone has the same or similar mod that they've retired for whatever reason, that has a functional pcb that you can use, (the agents may even have a new old stock board that they're prepared to sell / donate).

EDIT: I'm choosing to ignore your desire to convert your mod to a mech btw, (whether it be with a mosfet or not), as I get the impression you're a relative newbie, and would be concerned should you start playing around with them without sufficient knowledge of their limitations, (and dangers).

Thank you so much for all your input and advice. I Will check if I can get the board repaired or replaced.

This is 6 or 7 years old and if it has a few dents might well have eternal wiring come loose! I use to find mods from around this era did not fair well to being dropped! Any firmware upgrades with this device as i can remember could only be done by authorised vendors and not the owner!

Back